Think positive thoughts for me on Saturday pm

peggyquade

A woman close to where I live has a Foxhall Manor dollhouse kit (minus the conservatory and add on) that she wants to give someone for free!

Yeah, I know, I just about dropped down dead too!

Story is, she tried to sell it on ebay 4 times but each time, the winner never paid. She got the dollhouse kit as a gift from her mom. She doesn't do miniatures, doesn't have kids and she's a workaholic so she just doesn't want it.

But, she has decided that karma stopped the kit from being sold on ebay because it's destined to go someplace where it will be loved by many people. She's thinking a retirement community or something like that. She is taking "applications" through Saturday, Oct. 28. At 5pm that day, she will match up what she thinks is the best organization to get her dollhouse kit.

So I've applied.

I'm not an organization but I am soooo willing to build the dollhouse and then donate it to our local Children's Hospital, Ronald MacDonald house or a retirement home. I just want the thrill of building that grand thing! I've sent an e:mail to Children's Hospital to see if they would be interested in such a large free donation, to put in a room where children can play with it. True, you wouldn't decorate the dollhouse to it's full extent possible if it's going where lots of kids will play with it but heck, isn't that one main use for a dollhouse is for kids to play with it? Put a bunch of Greenleaf's inexpensive furniture from their kits in the dollhouse and those kids would have so much fun! Ronald MacDonald House is where the families of the very sick children from out of state live so they can be close to their sick children. Again, a place where a dollhouse would be loved, lots of quiet play amongst family members. Or there is a large retirement community being built close by that is going to have a media room for movies, a craft room, a community room...the whole nine yards. I thought maybe I could build the shell, paint it, do all the trim work, put the electricity in, make templates of all the floors and walls as I go and then put it in their community room. I could put up a big poster with like 4 things for them to choose from, such as tile for the kitchen floor, a fancy light for the living room, hardwood flooring for the dining room, etc. They could all vote on which finishing touch they would like to see done and then I'd try to get that particular item donated by the manufacturer. I would spend a Saturday at the retirement home, installing what they all voted on. They could watch the progress. I think they would like that. What do you all think?

I'm going to have Sheila, my friend that I am working on her Pierce, write a letter of reference for me and I'll draft up a proposal and hopefully hear back from one of these places, willing to take this donation so I can present it to this lady by no later than Friday night as I have to work all day on Saturday!

Would you all kindly think positive thoughts for dear old Peggy about 5pm this Saturday? Thanks! :D

Hi Peggy...I've got my fingers, toes and even my eyes crossed for you. I hope you get it...It would be terrific in the Ronald McDonald house...I am sure that the kids there and their families would really enjoy it...What a wonderful thing for you to do!!

Peggy, you've got some awesome ideas there! I especially like the idea of having them vote on what they'd like in the house and then doing it for them while they watch! How special is that?!! Good for you and I'm sending positive ions into the universe for you!! :D

A woman close to where I live has a Foxhall Manor dollhouse kit (minus the conservatory and add on) that she wants to give someone for free!

Oh Peggy, I saw that one too - all my fingers & toes are crossed for you to get it!!! What a wonderful idea to want to build it & donate it.

Let us know how it goes!

Lisa

:wave: sending positive thoughts your way and even a small "good luck" spell :sorcerer:

Great ideas and I know it would be most appreciarted amongst the families!

HUGS

Good luck to you on Sat. A childrens hospital would be great as all children love little houses. I had a doll house when I was a child and I still remember the joy of moving all the furniture around. That house is long gone . Maybe that is why at seventy I have three houses that I have built and a green house. I am currently building the Garfield. I still love playing with my houses - so you see a doll house can bring pleasure to one at any age. People love to see my houses. Again good luck to you . :wave:

Peggy, what wonderful ideas. I'm sure the universe will send the house where it will do the most good. Its fate certainly isn't in the hands of the current owner, or it would have been sold a long time ago! I'll send out vibes that it go your way. :wave:

I talked to Children's Hospital and she is going to talk to the people that make the decisions. I also talked to the Exec Dir of Senior Housing Assistance Group here in Seattle. He's got a huge affordable housing building going up not too far away that's going to have a media room for residents to watch movies on a big screen, a craft room, a community room, the whole nine yards. Can you just see that Foxhall Manor in there somewhere? Again, he's going to talk to the people who make the decisions but he seemed very nice and easy to talk to. I sent them both a link to the ad and dimensions of the dollhouse along with my ideas. Then, when I got home, I saw Dean's link to Teresa's web page with the show and music. So I sent that to the Exec Dir...he seemed interested in the proposal but I got the impression he wasn't "into" miniatures...her website sure showed off minis as an art and pure pleasure to view so I thought it would give him an idea of what it's all about. Thank you Dean for posting that link and thank you Teresa for all your artistic hard work! I should know tommorrow.

I didn't get the call or a response to my e:mailed proposal so I'm assuming she gave it to someone else. Her ad did say that if the first match she made didn't pick up the dollhouse kit, she would start going down her list so I guess there's still a chance. My proposal was so fitting to what she indicated she wanted for her dollhouse, I can only imagine she must have gotten many similar offers. It's ok. I'm sure the dollhouse will go to a good home and be enjoyed by many people. Thanks to everyone for their support!