Pick my poison?

Soapz

So, I have almost the money together to get a Maple Street Tudor, now I have to make a choice and - while I would like to have both - all I can/will do is get one house. 

I am looking at making a pub that I would like to fill with "Bags of Character Dolls" The future "Pub" population... 

I like the atmosphere of this one: Load of Mischief Pub

And those are the choices available:

So - which one would you get........?

Or: which one do you have (Mike - your input is welcome.... hint... hint...)

guildhallFULL.jpg

TudorKit 2005.jpg

#1 - It's such a unique design and it gives a lot more opportunity for outside display to draw you right in... Either way, I'm so happy for you! Saving to make a dream come true takes such patience, and when it finally happens you're walking on cloud #9 and sooooo happy!

None of those Bags of Characters folks look to be terribly spry. I think it would be cruel to force them in that long climb to heaven is #1. Definitely the second one is more their speed. :D 

If I were going to pub #1 I'd take the elevator (the restaurants along the causeway to Mobile are mostly up on stilts and provide elevators to the dining rooms for their elderly patrons).

9 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

If I were going to pub #1 I'd take the elevator (the restaurants along the causeway to Mobile are mostly up on stilts and provide elevators to the dining rooms for their elderly patrons).

You're assuming there would be an elevator. Maybe not in these vintage buildings. I'm sure Chris is up to the challenge if she needs to make one from scratch. :) 

I agree with Jo. Those stairs look scary.

I like the second one, it looks a lot more solid.

I'm not trying to offend anyone as both houses are pretty cool, but when I look at a house that is built larger on top, I slip back to childhood when one stacked blocks and if one made the stack bigger on top, it inevitably fell down. It only took a car passing or a breeze or someone stepping on the floor and it all came crashing down and sometimes it was just gravity. I would be afraid to enter a house built like that. Yet, on the other hand, they do look amazing and fascinate one because of their architecture.

I would still go with #2, but it really is what house is calling to you the most. Have you tried printing a picture of each and looking at them for awhile? Maybe that would help you to hear which one is calling loudest.

• Like 1

To be honest, right now it's more a decision of which one I buy first. Both will be my "presents" to myself for getting that Master's degree. First one now, because I made it halfway through, passed the qualifying exam, keep up my GPA, and most likely got an internship that comes with a stipend (rather rare....). The second one I will get when I get my diploma and pass the licensure in May next year. So, not really that much of a sacrifice when I choose one over the other - it's more a matter of: which one will keep me sane for the next 12 months....

• Like 2

My favorite is the second but knowing you are getting both, I would pick the one I think would be easier to work on right now. Not sure which that would be, but that's the one, lol. They are gorgeous. 

I also would pick #1....it is a unique design for the USA....as for the patrons...well people been climbing up and down stairs for centuries....

but like others have said...which ONE says NOW to you!....

congrats on your achievements!!

• 1 month later...

The Olde Coach Inn arrived at 11 this morning - my year is going to be good................... I've been petting the box for the last 4 hours..... hahahaha

• Like 2