I had a Greenleaf dream

heidiiiii

I had a dream the other night that i can still remember...

I was at a thrift store..They had tables set up and it was covered with greenleaf kits. They were selling them for $5 a piece! I kept grabbing up the boxes and my arms were so full and I kept trying to pile on some more!

I kept saying..Tracy is gonna love this!

ROFL!

Tracy you crept in my dreams...

:whistle: see there, what a GREAT dream! I wish I could find dollhouse kits for $5 each. I would just call the manager over and say, I need help, I want ALL of these here :p

Yeap, I like that dream for sure! Now if only it was a reality :)

My husband would be SO unhappy if I came home with an arm-load of dollhouse kits! He asks every day...."...so...did you enter that contest? (meaning here at Greenleaf) Did you win? I hope NOT!!!!!"

Maybe THAT's why my name hasn't been drawn.. :whistle:

He's been very helpful with my Garfield...but I think he's tired of it. How can anyone be TIRED of a DOLLHOUSE???!!! :)

How can anyone be TIRED of a DOLLHOUSE???!!! :p

I couldn't imagine that :) Never get tired of minis :teehee:

Heidi great dream! If you ever see a great deal like that don't forget your "little" friends :whistle:

My husband did not used to understand my fascination with dollhouses in the beginning and I am the type of person, when I love something, I go over board cause I get overly passionate so hubby hated it until I started selling them. Now sometimes he does ask me if I am gonna keep it cause some of them he likes :whistle: This is after 12 years of marriage though :)

The haunted house is so small you can do it in a matter of minutes (The structure) the shingles take longer to do than the actual house :p/ When you have a big project sometimes a small one helps because you get to see a house completed then you can go back to the bigger house with more zeal.

When you have a big project sometimes a small one helps because you get to see a house completed then you can go back to the bigger house with more zeal.

I hear ya :whistle: After finishing the Garfield the Arthur is such a pleasure. I'm having so much fun with this one. :woot:

I just love those 'feel good' dreams!

I have to say I'm the other way around right now . . . after finishing "Hyacinth's" I'm ready to tackle a BIG house . . . the Willowcrest is on the horizon!! I think I'm going to do the White Orchid first . . . shouldn't take too long. :whistle:

It should have been David in the Dream--he's the one always finding houses at the thrift stores. :whistle: I guess the dream was a reflection of all of our "wishful thinking". :)

My husband did not used to understand my fascination with dollhouses in the beginning and I am the type of person, when I love something, I go over board cause I get overly passionate so hubby hated it until I started selling them. Now sometimes he does ask me if I am gonna keep it cause some of them he likes :wave: This is after 12 years of marriage though :wave:

The haunted house is so small you can do it in a matter of minutes (The structure) the shingles take longer to do than the actual house :wave:/ When you have a big project sometimes a small one helps because you get to see a house completed then you can go back to the bigger house with more zeal.

How can you stand to sell the dollhouses after finishing? I realize that you might not have the room to keep them all but still......

Do you feel like a part of you goes with the house?

Are they decorated and furnished?

Where do you find a market for them other than eBay?

Ohhhh, this is really my kind of dream!!!! If one had one of those I wouldn't want to wake up for a looong time (about the lenght it would take to get them all built LOL)

As it is about night night time for me over here one can only hope for such a pleasant dreamery :wave:

Hugs and night night!

How can you stand to sell the dollhouses after finishing?

I dont know about Tracy but I usually know upfront if a house I am building will not be mine.

I give it all the care and tell it about the woderful new home it will be going

I have never sold a house but I do the decorating and mostly make kit furniture to put in it. mine are usually headed for children. so kit furniture teaches them to be careful and if it gets broke it can be replaced with something picked out by the child. :wave: TAAADDAAAA new miniaturist is born. :wave:

I love building for little girls...something so magical about the smiles from a new house owner!

it makes it all worth while.

and selling one of my creations would be the cats pajamas! to know someone liked what I did well enough to buy it. :wave: :thumb: :wave:

nutti :wave:

I have no space but a BIG desire to create so that is what keeps me going. I also have 4 Rik PIerce projects that I kept, a Thomas Piconni house gifted to me by a custmer of mine :wave: (Long but sweet story) and a Vineyard cottage and a Mickinley that are MINE (For now anyway)

Yes I do, I feel like part of my story that I started to create with each house get to have a ending with it's rightful new owner

My website, CDHM and I get word of mouth referals.

I have so many ideas in my head ready to come out but time and life never lets me get 1/4th of it done :wave:.

Peggi, maybe things will change and I will be able to find the great deals like David :wave:

Peggi, maybe things will change and I will be able to find the great deals like David :wave:

lol - how I keep getting snuck into things? heheh - Just be persistant! You know the saying persistence pays off (and yes I know I have no clue how to spell persistence but see? I keep trying! :wave: ) Seriously - thrift shops, yard sales - junk stores you name it.. just don't be discouraged if they don't have anything - You have no idea how many times people have looked me like I've just asked for Lunar Green Cheese with Amethyst sauce when I ask if they have any dollhouses or miniatures... but every once in a while someone says "yea I think we do" and "did you look over there?" :thumb: And unfortunately a few times I've gotten "I did have but I sold them about an hour ago" Ack! heheh oh well - win some, lose some.

That sounds like an awesome dream too - but a little disappointing to wake up from hehehe - I used to have one like it about an antique dresser.. I'd buy the dresser for dirt cheap and it was gorgeous and then when I got it hope I'd open the drawers to realize it was full of stuff.. not clothes but knick knacks.. only I'd always wake up before I could get to go through the drawers - it was always like 'shucks, just when I was getting to the best part' heheheh

Also about selling dollhouses I hope to sell a couple of mine so I can have room to build some more - I don't know if they will sell but I've rented a table at the local mini show.. now my biggest problem is how to price them :wave: And of course getting at least 2 more finished before February And the Caslte :wave: I think I must be nuts.

-David

Great dream for sure, but the reality would be so much better!

I think Jimmy and I both got bit at the same time. If we had stopped at the one house, we would have not been bitten I think, but that second one hooked us for sure!

David is right. You have to be persistant. I have found dhs and furniture at yard sales this year. My first dh that I bought for $20 (and then threw away on bulk pickup day out of frustation..B4 greenleaf) was from a yard sale. That dream is so true sometimes. You can go to a thrift store and yard sale and find something amazing and it is DIRT CHEAP. You just look at the person and wonder where their brains went...then plop down your small money for the item and giggle all the way back to the car!

Hubby gets this hobby. He knows that is something that I thoroughly enjoy. I have learned to scale down my spending. I only purchase something once a month for the hobby. This month it was stuff for the december swap.

The girls dont get it. Not that they dont want me to do it...they just arent interested in it. But I think that this shows them that you can have pursuits that make you happy. They may never build a dh or grow a vegetable but who knows what my lifelong creativity will do for them!

DH got me bitten with the bug when he decided we needed to build a dh for our DGD.and he acts amused most of the time (although right now the three dhs downstairs bother him!)

Before being invited onto the Building Team they paid for the next kit.

I realize that you might not have the room to keep them all but still......

No "but still......" about it, when you don't have room and you BOTH have hobbies that take up room & you've been together >43 years...

Of course, I put my heart & soul into everything I make.

Are they decorated and furnished?

And occupied, and lately I make more & more of it all myself.

I don't sell on ebay, I get a lot of local requests.