Creekside Cabin

Peggi

For all intents and purposes, I finally finished my cabin today. There is a few things to like smoothing the tin roof sides, and roof braces but since both DD are here tonight, we decided to keep ourselves busy before our big day tomorrow (DH surgery) by decorating the cabin.

I haven't had a chance to find the perfect deerhunters for it, so for right now the animals have taken over.

Please give me feed back, although it may be Thursday or Friday before I can respond.

post-70-1161052967_thumb.jpgpost-70-1161052993_thumb.jpgpost-70-1161053013_thumb.jpgpost-70-1161053040_thumb.jpgpost-70-1161053062_thumb.jpgpost-70-1161053092_thumb.jpgpost-70-1161053108_thumb.jpg

May just do that, DD# 1 says that instead of the deer head above the fireplace we ought to put a human head up. It is definitely being considered :thumb:

May just do that, DD# 1 says that instead of the deer head above the fireplace we ought to put a human head up. It is definitely being considered

Oh, that's just hilarious! :thumb: What a great way to end the day . . . with a great big belly laugh! Thanks!! :)

I vote for more animals enjoying the comforts of home and a hunters head over the fireplace also dont for get a hunters hat!

what a hoot....do yall remember a story about a group of animals that came upon eachother and decided to travel together. they came upon a house where robbers lived and took it over....wish I could remember the name or something...one of my favorite stories as a kid.

it really is great!

glad you and DD had something good to occupy some time with.

hugzz and well wishes from here to there!!

I pray for a good day tomorrow!

nutti :thumb:

May just do that, DD# 1 says that instead of the deer head above the fireplace we ought to put a human head up. It is definitely being considered :thumb:

Hehehe, love that idea!!!!!

Hugs

Peggi it's wonderful! Those hunters are in for the surprise of their lives! :yikes: Talk about realism -- all you need (besides the hunter head over the fire) is a squirrel in fatiques, preferably with a shotgun!!! :lol: The cabin looks great, you did a terrific job on it. Good luck with your surgery -- I'll be on my way outta town for a couple days, but I'll be thinking of you. :hug:

May just do that, DD# 1 says that instead of the deer head above the fireplace we ought to put a human head up. It is definitely being considered :yikes:

I couldn't help but smile looking at your pictures. The human head above the fireplace would be the perfect finishing touch!

a story about a group of animals that came upon eachother and decided to travel together. they came upon a house where robbers lived and took it over

"The Bremen Town Musicians"; I loved that story, too.

Does anyone remember Tom Lehrer? One of my faves of his songs was "The Hunter's Ballad" that ended: "Oh, there's ten new heads in my trophyroom right now/ Two game wardens, seven hunters and a pure-bred Guernsey cow."

Let me know what sort of features you want your trophy head to have, Peggi...

I love the animal invasion - and yes, get that poor deer off the wall and put up a hunter. I can picture him with this sort of expression :yikes: and a big snake draped around him!

Sending positive vibes for the surgery. Hope all goes well. :lol:

<cackle> I love it!! Now we know what happens in the off season when the hunters aren't in residence. hehehheheheheee You *so* need a hunter's head over the mantle.

Deb