First serious foray into 1:24

havanaholly

I started out thinking it would be 1:12 scale, but by the time I had turned the corners on the first two adjacent borders I could see this linen was a lot finer weave than my usual stuff...

post-8-1161031745_thumb.jpg

Of course, since it worked out to be 1/4 the finished size I was expecting, and by this time Valerie from Sweden had posted her own version of the same rug with matching chairseats, I had plenty of linen left to stitch chair seats and I didn't like the dark red solid seats the chairs came with, anyway. Here's how they turned out: post-8-1161032288_thumb.jpg

DS#2 kindly took the pictures for me with one of their digital cameras that has macro :ph34r:

:wub: Thank you all very, very much!

You can also do miniature weaving?

Oh, no, Susanne! (I wish...) I buy up scraps & remnants of linen from the remnant bins at fabric shops and thrift shops to make my larger rag dolls, but I also do mini stitching on them. The weave is usually fairly even, and the finished size depends on the thread-count. I made an incorrect assumption that the lighter colored linen I had was the same count as the darker color I had stitched a couple of other 1:12 scale rugs on.

You must have the patience of Job.
:yikes: :giggle: ...no...But needlework is tremendously relaxing for me, and I can't just SIT to watch TV, etc.

And just where are these little treasures going?

Either the two Fairfields I want to bash together or the Fantasy Villa I want to bash into a larger house...

the colors you used
I spotted a needlework/craft shop in a shopping center in Moncton two years ago & they had a sale on flosses, 10/CA$1! It's apparently a French brand (I loved shopping in Quebec & New Brunswick!) and the pale teal jumped out at me. I have a pair of eggplant DMC flosses at home to try again for 1:12 scale, but I want older gold tones for the ribbonwork and maybe slightly different pinks for the flowers, more in the orangey range (since David mentioned purple & orange it has gotten my color palette humming little tunes...)

I wish I could do stuff like that.

There are many excellent basic needlework "how-to" books and kits out there. I've een climbing the learning curve first to learn the techniques and then to adapt them to mini, because I can't afford the artisan prices for someone else's work! :lol: :hug:

Where did you get the pattern?

The book is at home so I don't have the author or exact title, but it's the book of Georgian needlecraft patterns. Valerie in Sweden posted the same set in the same colors (in 1:12) after I had already completed most of two bands, her diningroom furniture was white or a blond wood finish & I haven't been able to find her post to post a link to her pictures.

Your petitpoint pictures were what inspired me to make this!

Holly, it is gorgeous! Wowo, it must have been teeny tiny stiches!

Thank you for sharing pics, now I need to get going with my own embroidery as well :thumb:

Hugs

The book is at home so I don't have the author or exact title, but it's the book of Georgian needlecraft patterns. Valerie in Sweden posted the same set in the same colors (in 1:12) after I had already completed most of two bands, her diningroom furniture was white or a blond wood finish & I haven't been able to find her post to post a link to her pictures.

Your petitpoint pictures were what inspired me to make this!

I think I know what book you are referring to, it's one I have been eyeing up for a future purchase. It's definitely going on the list now :thumb:

Speaking of inspiration, you've inspired me to try and finish that Daghestan rug I have been avoiding. It's all bold colors which I like, but I think I prefer the subtle shades of your rug better. I'll see if I can't find Valerie's pics.