A Steampunk 1:24 scale Rosedale bash

Dalesq

When I built the White Rose I had a lot of ideas that were along the lines of steampunk, but I couldn't reconcile the two concepts with the image I had in my mind of the house. So I built the White Rose as more of a traditional build with some bashing to add skylights and open up the third floor. Many of the things I did with that house were "firsts" for me and I've learned a lot since then doing more builds.

I'm planning to bash another half scale Rosedale, but this time it will be a steampunk build. I've started the preliminary mock ups and did a dry fit today.

I forgot what fun the Rosedale is to build! It's been two years (I think) since I started the White Rose, and I don't think I did a dry fit of that house because I was trying to wrap my head around building the house around the staircase. But what fun! I had a great time putting this one into dry fit today.

Of course, as soon as I start doing mock ups more than one idea surfaces, so I know there will be another Rosedale in my future after this one :)

Anyway, here's my working mock up of the Copper Rose (thank you Brae for help naming her)

post-15386-0-93339700-1425264661_thumb.j

• Like 4

This will be very interesting and entertaining for us all. Hope you are well stocked up on gears, chains, brass knick knacks, steam pipes, and shiny paint!

This will be very interesting and entertaining for us all. Hope you are well stocked up on gears, chains, brass knick knacks, steam pipes, and shiny paint!

No worries! :yes:

Do you need a second bay to go over the first one? I have one left over from my Rosedale bash.

Yes, please!!!

Thanks Emily! That would be a big help. I was a tad worried about getting the "eyebrow" curve at the top of the window openings right when cutting it out. That will make the task considerably easier! ;)