Making a 1:12 scale See's Candies Shop!

anthrogirl

Made some tiny peppermint twists today :) the red and white candy is fimo clay and the wrapper is thin clear packing tape

Clever of you to use the clear packing tape. I imagine working with those tiny sticky bits is a challenge, but getting cellophane or something similar to hold the shape would be a nightmare.

I'll be happy to join you and Lawanda in any research expeditions you may launch. <drooling>

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Congratulations! It looks great!

Thank you :)

Congratulations. Looks wonderful and yummy. Must have taken a lot of patience to make all those teeny goodies.

Thanks! I did take a while (I watched something like 8 season of Greys Anatomy on netflix while making the details)

It is amazing! Such a happy little shop and such detail oh my my the detail. Mini detail is an obsession of mine and this was over the top with detail  I love it!

Thank you :) it was soooo much fun! I'm hoping to make some seasonal goodies (like the Easter eggs and Valentines day hearts) eventually so I can change out the stock depending on the season.

I gained two pounds just inhaling the eye candy! What a precious little shop. The detail is amazing. :flowers:

fortunately the mini candies are very low calorie :)

Excuse me while I go rummaging through the cupboards for chocolate. Just looking at that makes me hungry! Great job!

LOL :) my little sister says the shop need some chocolate perfume or some kind of room freshener that smells like chocolate (no idea where to find one though!) 

How about Chocolate Fragrance Oil on Amazon. Might be able to put some on a piece of cotton and tuck it out of sight in your storage area or saturate the cardboard you have for boxes. Renew as needed. Keeping it closed up might prolong the scent, i.e. cover with a cloth when not on display). Maybe mingle some peppermint oil in as well.

• 8 years later...
On 3/28/2015 at 7:04 PM, anthrogirl said:

I forgot to take any more update pictures, but the shop is finished! :D

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=7230

I know you haven’t been on here for a very long time but I’m in love with your sees candy store. Is there anyway to contact you to see if you still have it because I’d really like to talk to you about it? I’m a CA girl myself. My name is Terri.