Doll Clothes I've Made....

kellyannmo

I've often talked about doll clothing I used to make and sell... I just added a bunch of pictures to my Flickr account. I've been meaning to do this as I shut down my doll clothes website that I used to have. If anyone is interested in a small sampling of the clothing I used to make here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/108291983@N04/

I used to make clothes for 16" fashion dolls, Barbie, and smaller "child" dolls like Ann Estelle and Riley. I did this for about 9 or 10 years... until the miniature bug bit me... now the poor dolls have gone by the wayside :)

Hope everyone is having a great day.

• Like 4

Your crochet is beautiful Kelly. I have dolls (Asian ball jointed dolls and Blythes) as well, and I am constantly swapping from one hobby to the other. I will be totally fixated on dolls for anything from a few hours to weeks and then switch to minis. I also sew for them. I love the challenge of sewing small things.

Holly,(and others) I just read that plain bleach will take the marker off-I don't have any dolls to test it on myself and wonder if it really works. There are lots of other helpful hints online with advice on trying to get it out. But I have also seen nicely painted Barbies who were thought to be ruined by markers. That's what I would do,if the doll was pretty cheap to begin with.

Ed.: Well,Kelly-rude me-I meant to say I think your doll clothes are amazing!:D

Edited by kat57

I have tried bleach, nail polish remover and fabric softener, petroleum jelly, and NOTHING takes off magic marker totally; Ballpoint pen ink is another irremovable (why do kids scribble on their barbies with pens? she asks...) I love Kelly's outfits; once I get all the dollhouse stuff moved out to the workshop (till waiting on weather to go finish the inside; wee need more than one nice day at a time) I can turn my craftroom back into a doll rehab center.

I figured it may not work,Holly-but the person 'swore' it did- :). I wonder why parents are so careless to let the kids know where permanent ink pens and markers are! LOL There are plenty of cheap washable markers on the market if they would look...

Amy, I find Barbies in thrift stores. If they aren't magic markered on, the hair can be combed with fabric softener and restyled and new clothes made and donated at holiday time.

You know what's funny Holly? A long, long time ago I had a dream where I was purchasing thrift store dolls and cleaning them up and sewing some clothes for them and donating them. I haven't given up on that, it's just been put to the way back burner on things to do. I love thrift stores, I've dressed myself and my son that way for many years. I can't bear to throw things out, and when they wear out I save the fabric.

I'm going to check the local thrift stores next week and see what treasures they may have.

DH & I buy most of our clothes at thrift stores (except hiking and paddling gear; we have a membership in REI!). The only clothes I don't recycle back when we tire of them are the silk and cotton with small designs, which can be recycled into minis; and you can still find those wonderful old, wide polyester neckties that make such terrific mini upholstery! I have even found brand new, never worn shoes in my size at thrift stores!

• Like 1

thanks everyone... they were a lot of fun to do... sometimes I feel guilty that I don't really work with them anymore.... but mini's have taken over all my spare time :)

(I don't know about permanent marker... but I have had success in removing some pretty bad stains with Oxy (the pimple cream) ... cake it on and leave it on the doll for several days.... it will usually work.... it worked on a doll that had really BAD black stains from cheap fabric bleeding onto the plastic of her skin)

Gail.... I really just taught myself with the helpful suggestions from the folks here on the forum. I can tell you I get about 90% of my landscaping supplies from Scenery Express in their on line shop. I usually use paperclay to "mold" my landscape..... (ponds, paths, bumps... etc) and I use paperclay for rocks as well. The key is lots of glue.... and then I spray any flocked ground cover with watered down Elmers to hold it all it place.... please message me anytime and I can try to answer any questions. Landscaping is my favorite part I think :)