Spring Fling 2013

Also, in case it hasn't been made clear.......there are people who don't even finish. They have their go at things and if something keeps them from finishing, they don't. There is no penalty, nothing. You still get to finish at your own pace. So, no harm, no foul. It is what it is. I didn't finish my first year and barely finished the last two. But it was worth the try every year.

Is the kit out somewhere to see? I might try the contest this time just for the fun of it!

This year's kit hasn't been released yet. Believe me, you will know when it is available (if you don't get an email from Greenleaf re its release first), the forum will be buzzing about it!

I haven't participated before and am seriously considering doing it this year. Regardless, it's great fun to watch the hints and read everyone's speculation about each other's builds!

I promised myself, no getting excited until April! I'm doing really great at it. But........I am certainly counting the days and adding all kinds of ideas to my list :) Does anyone else 'prepare' for the fling in any way? I make lists of things I would love to build, things I have and would like to build a home for and of things I would love to learn. I have used the fling for inspiration to teach myself all kinds of new things such as brick work, stucco, aged barn siding, rusty metal roofs, paperclay.........

• Like 1

I promised myself, no getting excited until April! I'm doing really great at it. But........I am certainly counting the days and adding all kinds of ideas to my list :) Does anyone else 'prepare' for the fling in any way? I make lists of things I would love to build, things I have and would like to build a home for and of things I would love to learn. I have used the fling for inspiration to teach myself all kinds of new things such as brick work, stucco, aged barn siding, rusty metal roofs, paperclay.........

I'm hoping to participate this year and plan to use it as a learning experience too. Of course, for me it will depend on size. If half scale isn't available, it will need to have a small footprint because I don't have any more room for big in my RL house. But I'm looking forward to a challenge, and yes, I've been jotting down theme ideas, but it will depend on the kit itself! :)

OMG!! Any one who knows me...knows how obnoxious I can be about Spring Fling...esp. since I start yakking about it every January.It's one of the highlights of each year.And Thanks to Dean and Crew whom we adore..for the great and fun kits you painstakingly produce each year.

Can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait....Am I excited.................You Betcha!!

I've only entered one Spring Fling, but it is fun to watch others with all the ideas and hints flying around. I had such great plans for last year's Fling, but didn't get to build it (yet) because we thought we were moving right away. I do NOT like living in Limbo! Our house is still on the market, we still haven't moved, and we're still in Limbo - and last year's Fling is still calling, forlornly, from my workbench :cry: But someday I will get it done.

I must be the only person on the forum that does not look forward to the spring fling. I miss the pictures of people's progress as they are secretly making their masterpieces. I do enjoy seeing the final entries but as of yet have not felt a desire to participate.

This will be my 4th year. My first year I found out about the fling AFTER the kit was introduced, so no drama. But......the last two years I got excited in January and drove myself crazy waiting for the reveal. This year I refuse to drive myself any crazier than I already am :) I plan to participate and if I flat out don't like the kit, I have a different Greenleaf kit picked out to build all summer.

Looking forward to it.. It was so much fun to do last year.. Although depending on the job situation I might not be able to afford it this year. But I will certainly be following the discussions!!!!

I have not participated in the builds but the excitement on the forum is contagious!! It is so much fun to view the "secrecies", then the hints and the banter and humor that goes back and forth. Then there is the all awaited reveal day! What a great time.

B) April will be here soon. Can't wait for the fun to begin

Yes, indeed and with that hopefully a hint of spring outside as well since we still have below freezing temps and a cover of snow (but it is slooooowly giving way) and purr-haps a tiny hint or pic of things in the works???

Hugs ;)

• Like 1

Why does it seem winter is never going to end but then once Spring Fling gets here, the days until the deadline fly?!

I don't know what the cost is to Greenleaf to provide a contest but I would really like to see them offer more. They are fun and in my opinion, HEALTHY! Good fun, great connections with other members and nothing but positive. We wouldn't need new kits. The ones they already offer could be used 100 different great ways.

Mmmmmm, need happy Spring Fling distraction thoughts today... <pondering> :hmm: wonder what it might start out looking like.... :wub:

Hugs

Happy distractions needed here too :) What could be happier than the thought that no matter how many challenging surprises our future holds, the fling will no doubt be a happy surprise. Sooooooo.......we can count on one happy surprise in the near future.

Here's a pre fling question. I think most of us have lists of all the ideas for what we'd love to do. How many things do we all have on our lists? I'll go over mine and be back later :)

• Like 1

Hmmm. How many ideas of things I want to do... Oneis to have one of everything GL ;) but then I just might need to build a new house just for that... I have a set of sketch pads for the ideas I want to try, just need the right setting to put it in so to speak.

Will have to comipile an actual listme thinks.

Hugs and thansk for the spin of ideas trail of thougts

Ahhhh, <dreamy eyes> Spring Flingin' ... A new list is forming.... Need sketch pads and pencils! <skipping away, well sorta'>

Hugs

• Like 1