Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Hmmm.... sounds almost like mine...Fruit stand for ____ ____'s, greenhouse for the ____ ______'s. :hehe:

I'm not totally sure about main building yet...but just know it has to be pretty wacky as well.

And then the landscaping...equally wacky. Already working on the "base".

Hope I can find a "resident" who is the right size and fits the theme. Good thing we have LOADS of time.

FLING ON!! What FUN! :banana:

Yay Chris, you absolutley must follow the motal mini code, sooo happy to hear that!!! The hard part with an extended time to work with these is that we will drive each others curiosity in high gear until September.... :D

Hugs

I am loving reading all the posts about your fling's Can't wait to see them. I have my idea all drawn out, and keeping adding to it as most do. I just got confirmation that my order has shipped out today!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to actually get it and start playing. I seem to work better when I can handle the house and then get a feel of size etc. Did anyone ever use the fling and create a half scale house or whatever with it in years past? I thought I heard someone say something about that but now can't find it. :bounce: Keep the chatter going, love the read. :banana: :banana:

I am loving reading all the posts about your fling's Can't wait to see them. I have my idea all drawn out, and keeping adding to it as most do. I just got confirmation that my order has shipped out today!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to actually get it and start playing. I seem to work better when I can handle the house and then get a feel of size etc. Did anyone ever use the fling and create a half scale house or whatever with it in years past? I thought I heard someone say something about that but now can't find it. :bounce: Keep the chatter going, love the read. :banana: :banana:

I think 2 yrs. ago...Intrinsicat (Jen) won with a half-scale windmill, complete with cloth sails ..it was truly awesome!!

Etiquette question: This is my first spring fling so I'm wondering. Do you keep everything you are doing secret until they pick a winner? or can you share your ideas and progress any time you want?

It's my first Fling too. I remember reading the threads last year. People seemed to me to keep it a secret but with lots of hints. Otterine posted some amazing teaser pics as well!

I'm so excited, mine shipped today :D:banana:

• Like 1

Mine shipped today too. I feel so extravagant, I bought everything except the deck/platform but then bought something from last year's Fling. I plan to use it all too. What a complicated bit of architecture I have planned... I'm going to need more cutting blades I think.

I notice alot of people wish different things about the contest. If this were anywhere but Greenleaf this would be different. We have DEAN. I think he listens to what we're saying and cares. Heck.....he just re did the whole kit at the last minute because it seemed the right thing to do. This is only the 6th year of Spring Fling, it's so new. I love seeing how many of our wishes come true every year :)

• Like 2

Etiquette question: This is my first spring fling so I'm wondering. Do you keep everything you are doing secret until they pick a winner? or can you share your ideas and progress any time you want?

sometimes, we post sneak shots of things, but we don't post the entire pics of the project till the contest is over. :)

We have DEAN. I think he listens to what we're saying and cares.

Yes he does! You might be surprised at how much Dean listens and his determination to give people what they want as much as he can. I've never known anyone who is as generous and considerate as Dean. If you ask him, he'll say he's just carrying on the Greenleaf family tradition of making people happy. That's a pretty awesome tradition because Dean and his sister Lisa are two of the nicest people I know and they've stayed dedicated to the small family business ethics even tho Greenleaf isn't a tiny business anymore. They care about us, they really do.

and if you are stuck or need to ask some advice, Holly has offered to be a go-between and available to bounce ideas off of as well

Holly (havanaholly) is the greatest miniature resource ever. She knows more about miniatures than I could ever hope to learn and she's always happy to share her knowledge. She's taught me sooooooo much.

I'm going to need more cutting blades I think

OH! I was just about to tell everyone about the great cutting blade I found this afternoon at Hobby Lobby! After slicing my finger last week I was looking for something to compensate for my declining agility and there it was! It slips over my finger and it's more like holding a pencil so there's lots more control. Here's the link so you can see what it looks like. I really highly recommend it! http://www2.fiskars....ip-Detail-Knife Remember, be safe out there people.

Deb

Teaser pic...<snicker, snicker..yuk,yuk, yuk> post-2296-0-00985200-1333754196_thumb.jp

It's a BIRD, it's a Plane...it's somethin'...but I'm not tellin'.... :nonono:

That's just ingenious Chris! Who else would have thought to put ruffles on an eggplant!

Deb

• Like 2

Holly (havanaholly) is the greatest miniature resource ever. She knows more about miniatures than I could ever hope to learn and she's always happy to share her knowledge. She's taught me sooooooo much.

I believe it, every time she makes a suggestions I think - OF COURSE , that's perfect! -

I noticed earlier today while reading previous posts for fun, someone mentioned a survey not long ago regarding 1" or 1/2" for the contest. I did not follow well between Fling's but it seems it would be nice for a main topic that lasted from the end of one fling to the next. That way we would have a place to check in.

Christina, it's usually very hush-hush. Not sure why, because even if 3 people sat down to build the same theme they wouldn't be anything alike. But usually no one lets anyone else know just what they are planning. That's why you see all the "____s" in the above posts :D

Yea me :) I finally made up my mind and ordered. I got 6 total things and there are 4 different things. It took forever to decide one silly detail.

So I got through the entire order process fine. I used paypal and hit pay and saw a wrong address flash before my eyes. I called Greenleaf and left a message with Bev in customer service to verify it went right. Any other advice? I hate feeling like a ditz.

• Like 1

Yea me :) I finally made up my mind and ordered. I got 6 total things and there are 4 different things. It took forever to decide one silly detail.

So I got through the entire order process fine. I used paypal and hit pay and saw a wrong address flash before my eyes. I called Greenleaf and left a message with Bev in customer service to verify it went right. Any other advice? I hate feeling like a ditz.

I am sure that will be enough. Bev helped me a ton yesterday with my order. She said they were closing early yesterday and I am assuming they would be closed today. I am sure she will get the message on Monday and give you a call. Yea!!!! Glad you got your things ordered. So many wonderful things to choose from. (or not choose from, just get everything) :D

That's just ingenious Chris! Who else would have thought to put ruffles on an eggplant!

Deb

Oh darn <snapping fingers>...I thought I disguised :snorkel: it better than that! LOL Quite the elegant eggplant though, isn't it?

Well, back to work. I have a few heads baking in the oven. :wicklaugh: :wicked: FLING ON!

• Like 1

Thank you so much Wendy. I feel better. I also checked my account and everything there shows right.

I'm thinking this could be one of those times I place a second order. Maybe add something or other.

I've been going through all my miniature 'stuff' and just catch alls of little craft items. I can't believe what all I have I can use. I even found something in a button drawer and it's not like I've never raided all these places before. It's like each new project is a new scavenger hunt in my own home. I'm going to be busy until it gets here. That's a good thing.

So, I have had an idea brewing for a whiel, just awaiting a kit that will say yes to the idea so to speak, and now with this SF it feels like it will be a great fit, but now it has voiced an opinion of making an allready whimsical setting even more whimsical, say even a hint of magical kind of twist... But also that it needs the help of the good Doctor R, so what to do, what to do....

Hugs

Deb

HAHAHAHA! :roflmao: I dunno, maybe my coffee hasn't kicked in but this struck me so funny this morning. Thanks for the laugh...does indeed look like a ruffly eggplant! Definitely a good teaser pic.

Deb

Afcourse <slaps forehead> eggplants... My mind went to Jenny Joseph's red hats atfirst....

Hugs