Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

I was going to wait until I got home to gloat, but I have no self restraint. :no:

In two days I am going to see Brae's fling up close and personal. And I am not going to breath a word about it. Eat your hearts out. :laughbounce:

I was going to wait until I got home to gloat, but I have no self restraint. :no:

In two days I am going to see Brae's fling up close and personal. And I am not going to breath a word about it. Eat your hearts out. :laughbounce:

Lucky :monkeydance: !

I have not had time to even read about the fling since I was here last. It is nice to know that when I can, I'll be able to pick up where I left off and read about all of your adventures.

We have been hard at work with our little angel. (My friends daughter in our care) She is amazing. I posted an update in chit chat. 'Angel Update'.

• Like 1

And I have seen it all along!!!! :nana: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :evil::eekout:

:lol: You two are so bad. :giggle:

And I have seen it all along!!!! :nana: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :evil::eekout:

I am soooooooo jealous!!! :(

Well, everyone is coming along so wonderfully on their SF's.

I'm loving the sneak peaks, the hints, the encouragement, the new language and the friendly competition.

So, I thought I would post a sneak peak of my SF.

It is absolutely flenomenal.

Flenomenal. phlee.nom.eh.nul, adjective, extremely impressive or surprising

Well now, didn't that just knock your socks off?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck everyone.

Can't wait to see the results.

<giggling> Kathie, I'm envious of you getting to meet Brae but I'm equally delighted for her that she gets to meet you. You and Holly are like the Greenleaf traveling minstrels who get to meet people face to face and share stories of fellow miniaturists in far off, distant places.

Two words for the day: Hot. Pink.

Ladies and gents, I'm talking about the kind of hot pink that demands you wear sunglasses to look at it. It's the kind of hot pink that makes Barbie hide her peroxided head in shame because she's not brave enough to take pink to this level. Yes, this is the hot pink that sizzles when you touch the paintbrush to wood, and next to my lime sherbet green and lemon yellow and the black and white checkerboards, it's fabulous. Then I added some zebra print to it and suddenly it was fierce!! Oh yes, this is a color combination that's coming right out of the neon side of the crayon box. :kicking:

Have I mentioned the pile of liquor bottles in the studio? I might as well publicly admit that there's a box of booze waiting for me to dive right into it because y'all are going to see it sooner or later. I even have mixers and lots of clean glasses. Does this mean that the party is at my Fling?

Deb <wrapping her foot in ten yards of gauze to keep out the sawdust because nothing is going to stop me from getting into the studio today>

Another word for the flingapedia... Flingelujah! - the exaltation when you finish your Spring Fling. No, I'm nowhere near this point. ;) Did I startle a few of you? :D

Deb, we're back to building the same thing. I, too, am immersed in hot pink and lime green for the SF. Well, more magenta and walnut green so you really still hold the title. :lol:

Deb, we're back to building the same thing. I, too, am immersed in hot pink and lime green for the SF. Well, more magenta and walnut green so you really still hold the title. :lol:

Ooooooooooh, I like that magenta/walnut green combination. It's a very daring use of dramatic color Ms. Otterine which means that we're in for a real treat when you reveal. And yes, you scared me half to death coz I'm nowhere near done and I just realized yesterday that the deadline is beginning to look closer and closer.

Okay, so we're changing the words of the day to: Neon. Orange.

<sigh> I'm doing an exact duplication of something and I was working from memory when I painted the wall hot pink. Of course in a moment of "flingupidity" (rather large oops which occurs when one doesn't double check their plan before applying paint or glue), I didn't look at the picture again before I painted and discovered too late that the wall should be neon orange, not hot pink. So I had a nice hot pink primer and am repainting the whole thing orange which isn't as bad as it sounds, just time consuming. Good thing I have appletinis close at hand. It would help if they were larger than 1/3" tall. And real. hehehehehehe

Deb

I thought I had loads of time and would be finished well ahead of schedule - not so my friends, things are not as straight forward as they seemed a few weeks ago. I don't have such a lot to do but I think I've left all the things I don't like doing until the end.

Well, my SF has been very slow moving!!! :blahblah1: I had hopes that I would have more done by now but alas I don't. My husband and family didn't expect it, they said that is not how I do things, I wait till the last minutes to get it all done. Unfortunately they are partly correct, but I don't like that of myself but I guess I need to accept it. Anyway, I have to go to the dentist tomorrow, :nonono: I am absolutely SCARED TO DEATH, :death: I HATE the dentist and it has taken everything in me to NOT CANCEL!!!! :sweat: Unfortunately, I will have alot done tomorrow so I don't have to go back. Would appreciate your thoughts and prayers. :huglove:

I thought I had loads of tim

e and would be finished well ahead of schedule - not so my friends, things are not as straight forward as they seemed a few weeks ago. I don't have such a lot to do but I think I've left all the things I don't like doing until the end.

That's usually the stage for me that means indicates that I'm almost done, mainly because I'll figure out a way to not do about half of the things I don't like doing. LOL!

Wendy, I hope your trip to the dentist went well and that you're feeling okay.

I have another sneak peek for y'all. See? I told you the party was at my Fling! There are plenty of cokes in addition to the booze so even if you don't drink, come and hang out at the bar. Who's in charge of the snack food?

BTW, the bar is just one thing included inside the Fling but the whole Fling is not a bar. There are lots of things going on inside there. I was able to get the bathtub into the greenhouse by taking off one wall but once it's inside, it's not going anywhere! Claw foot tubs are so big.

Deb

• Like 1

It's 'way too clean and neat for a beach bar!

LOL! Nope, it's not a beach bar. But if you head down the Atlanta highway you might find something like it in the middle of an old field.

I see the word love on the back wall and I must say, I LOVE the sneak peeks of this!

<giggling> If I were to shout "Lemme hear you say 'LOVE!'", it would be another hint (a very vague hint, but a hint nonetheless)

Okay, we've got Apple Pucker in icy glasses straight from the freezer and some of Holly's cayenne cheese biscuits. If someone else brings chocolate I'd say we'd have a nice little mid-Fling party going on.

Deb

• Like 1

HA! Well that was a monster clue if you ever did give one! Can't WAIT to see your finished product, Deb! I can totally bring double chunk brownies with white chocolate frosting. :)