Who had a "miniatures" Christmas?

CatColorado

So who's got the goods? :groucho:

It's been an unusual Christmas at our house, we're missing far too many familiar and beloved faces :cry: .

Miniatures are always a welcome distraction, but since I didn't get any I want to see what kind of loot y'all got.

Or what you plan to buy now that you know what isn't under the tree.

It isn't unusual for me NOT to receive minis... I think my family is afraid to encourage me. :whistle:

I did order a battery operated chandelier today, that will be my mini present to me. I've been wanting to try one out. It looks nice in the photo, so hopefully I won't be disappointed.

No minis here, but the new workshop will be DH's & my gifts to each other. I gave the DC Cambridge to one of the across-the-street neighbors' granddaughters (I knew it was going to her the day we moved in and she walked into the garage and saw it) for Christmas and the look on her face when she came up to tell me she likes it was priceless!

No minis here, but the new workshop will be DH's & my gifts to each other. I gave the DC Cambridge to one of the across-the-street neighbors' granddaughters (I knew it was going to her the day we moved in and she walked into the garage and saw it) for Christmas and the look on her face when she came up to tell me she likes it was priceless!

Oh that's so awesome! What a great feeling to be able to give someone a gift like that. I bet she will treasure that for a long, long time.

Cool beans on the workshop! I'm still looking for a place to buy, so I often wonder if my new place will have a workshop. I can't be too picky given my price range.

No minis here either. We don't exchange gifts any more. It just got too crazy, and everyone was a wreck by the time the Big Day arrived. Parents give their kids gifts if they're small..but my parents are looong gone, and there's no physical part of me that could be called small any more, 'cept maybe my pinky toenail, LOL.

But we had a good day. Everyone went over to my nephew Adam's house. His home seems to have become the Place To Be for family holidays. We had a great dinner, ate way too much, and came home to sleep it off.

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

Kelly, I can't wait to see what you do with the Rosedale. Seems like everyone comes up with the best ideas with that house. Aren't 1/2" scale lights the cutest things ever? I keep wondering if the people who make the battery lights, will manage to create 1/2" versions. It would take some doing since they'd have to use a smaller battery, or maybe a series of them. I'll have to look up the Storybook Cottage. I think I know what it looks like, but it's early and I'm only on my first cup of coffee.

Tanya, you'll be able to start a miniature rock band with all those guitars! Or a music store. Those daffodils are nice! I'm getting ready to do some flower work so those kind of jumped out at me. I have a really nice white poinsetta that I glued to the stairs in one of my houses. Now why would I do that? I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Those of you who got giftcards have to let us know what you get!

What are you working on now Kathie? Hmm?

I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas, Jeanne. We usually don't do much, but we always get presents for the animals. The fur children are always appreciative!

What are you working on now Kathie? Hmm?

Kat, the Beacon Hill that will become home to Sophia and her husband, a physician of color in New Orleans in the late 19th century, is sitting in dry fit. I've chosen the colors and have the paint. I think the next step will be to sand and paint the window frame pieces and other trim. I'd love to have it nearly all painted on the outside when it is finally glued together.

Another winter task will be to photograph the bits and pieces from the Adams general store that NJ and I did for the Adams Creatin' Contest and list them on etsy. Nearly everything in the store was hand made.

I'm of the belief that whatever you do on the first day of the year sets the stage for the rest of the year, so you can guess what I'll be doing next Sunday afternoon. :D

...I'm of the belief that whatever you do on the first day of the year sets the stage for the rest of the year, so you can guess what I'll be doing next Sunday afternoon. :D
I know that whatever else I do this coming Sunday WON'T be housework!

No mini-gifts here, but no complaints either. We don't do much on the gift-exchange anymore, except for the grandchildren, the RL "minis" in our lives. But we spent the day with extended family and had a wonderful Christmas. Mother and I took the ferry to her sister's house, and the car-crowd was bigger than we expected. We were the 3rd car in our row and I was getting very nervous as I saw each row moving more slowly to load on to the ferry. :drive: Then the row next to us loaded, and it all stopped. So I'm sitting there chanting/praying, "Just 3 more cars, please, just 3 more cars." After awhile the ferry guy headed our way, and started our row moving - and he stopped the car right behind us!:doh: We were the LAST car on the ferry! Got the back wheels on and everything!

Casey how exciting! A new grandbaby is the best mini there is, the beautiful glass vases are just icing on the cake.

Kathie, wow, you are going to be busy. If I remember correctly, that Adams was packed full of stuff. That's going to be alot of photos, huge project. And then the Beacon Hill on top of that, whew! I worked on one once. Beautiful house, but too much for me. I was glad to see it go to it's new home. First house I ever wired for lights (successfully).

I'm fixing up the house that will receive the new light that's coming. It's one of those dhe contest houses from a long time ago. That's probably what I'll be doing come the new year.

I got an HBS gift certificate from my MIL, and a little resin gazebo from my mom that will work in a half scale setting (it's supposed to be a candle holder, I think). I was hoping for some Gallery Glass and a stain glass window pattern book so I can finish my Rosedale windows, but since I didn't get those I'll probably buy them for myself. :lol:

I got an all mini Christmas - I'm so difficult to shop for that my husband was so excited, with me just getting into minis this year, to have something that he knew i would like! He drove for 1 1/2 hours to pick up a mint in box hofco house (the country victorian). He also got off ebay a lot of 6 realife doll house kits which i'm really fond of. Very fun. I seem to be drawn toward the older houses and kits. I also got several odds and ends from the dollhouse store that is going out of business. Lights, wall paper, books, dishes, door knobs...

I was so excited today to bring the beacon hill back down and convert her room again into a craft room!!! No more holiday meals in there till Easter!!

Hope everyone had a great holiday!!!

No minis here either but I did get some gift cards for Michaels and HL. I also got the miniature gates I ordered from Alpha stamps that I came across in another group. Ordered them because I was curious and was pleased with the results.They have a number of Items that would lend themselves to picture frames and other accents.

No minis, but I did receive a spectacular real life sized absinthe service set from my boyfriend. It includes a silver and glass fountain, beautiful glasses and spoons, and sugar cubes. :D Looking forward to setting it all up and enjoying a cocktail!

I did receive some holiday cash, though, so I believe there will be minis in my near future! :ohyeah:

I didn't have any minis come my way either, but I do have the promise to take me shopping. James knew to get minis, but he got stuck on what minis to get. :) So we will be taking a trip to Hobby Lobby here at some point. :) Yea!