What's everyone working on?

Thanks Kelli!

Finally finished the kitchen's exterior, the dining room window and turned the house around (moving it at all is a project). The dining room interior only needs a few crown molding parts cut and installed before I can call it finished. If I don't get too many interruptions, I should begin working on the wrought iron staircase railing inserts by Monday or tuesday. Kind of fitting, finishing the 1st floor almost 3 years to the day I started this house. I'm only relieved that much of the remaining 2 floors have been worked on already.

Photos coming soon.

Took a couple days longer than I was planning on, but all of the first floor floors are done! I also got the first two walls up, glued, and currently clamped to dry. In addition to having paint stripper on the exterior of several pieces(really wanted to just paint over them, but several were also showing signs of glue globs underneath the paint,) I also managed to cut my roof supports and roof for what will be a porch roof. Can't see justifying paying a whole lot for something I know I can do from scratch, so am trying to make that change to the house myself as opposed to ordering parts. (Crossing my fingers it all works out like I see it in my head!)

As rehabs go, this is still going quicker than I expected it to, so for that I am incredibly glad! :yes:

Oh, and promise I'm going to remember to take the camera out to get pics to upload of the faux hardwood floor. I do like the way it turned out, only thing I'd do differently if I wanted it too not look as distressed as I was trying for would be to just use a light brown or tan for the underneath paint color.

Since work has been stressful lately trying to get ready for a business trip to Boston in November and working on getting everything in my real life organized and ready for it I had planned on taking a break from minis. Then work got doubly frustrating and stressful I broke down and started my Arthur LOL. That resolution seems to have lasted all of about a week. :giggle: I have the foundation, walls and second floor installed. I haven't added the roof yet as I need to cut a different room divider as I'm adding a door in it. I also moved the stairs from the middle of the house to the left side and bashed them into a shape similar to the staircase in the Glencroft kits. Makes more room for decorating and I still have stairs. I used the stair pieces that came with the kit but added risers and am enclosing the bottom part . The stairs are built but not installed yet. I need to wallpaper and add flooring before I can get that far and may have to shave a bit off the top to accommodate the thickness of the floor. I also left out the bottom floor room divider. I have plans to add an eat-at-island with posts up to the ceiling for support if needed. Now I can better use the downstairs for the living/dining/kitchen area. Upstairs will be a single bedroom and bathroom. So far I'm going for a theme of Christmas at Grandma's. Very cozy and festive. As my anniversary gift from my DH I'm going this Saturday to the Annual Tucson Miniature Show and Sale, the Mini Time Machine Museum and the dollhouse shop all in Tucson. It'll be a major mini shopping day. (My gift to him was he didn't have to go with me :ohyeah:) I'm hoping to find pieces for Grandma's house while I'm there.

I couldn't stand it any longer, I had so mini casualties when I got to unpacking Maggie, La Casita and the Fairfields that our last trip to the Havana house I grabbed my Probond &

E6000 and this AM I have repaired every bit of furniture. I only wish I had thought to grab the poster putty while I was at it...

Between my full-time career and the new job, I haven't had much time to work on my house. I started working as an independent contractor for a company that makes document management software and maintains the data. I spend several hours a day analyzing and uploading old Tobacco litigation documents for a demo of their new product, Litigation Expert. I don't know what's worse, seeing how evil the tobacco companies really are, or the fact that I work from home, literally 2 meters from the Tudor house.

I'm currently working on plotting the baluster locations and wrought iron inserts for the staircases. I had drawn out the actual size of the staircases on paper, but the drawings were lost in the move, so I have to start over, only the staircase is already built and installed, so I'm working in a tight location.

I finally had some time to make a little bit of progress today on the Nob Hill. The last 2 weekends I was working at the State Fair, and next weekend Lawson has performances at some fall festivals, so I had to do something this weekend. I only have about 4 more weekends left to work on it, and I'm getting a little concerned...

Anyhow, I got the pieces cut to fill up the windows where they were originally put in upside down, and I had to re-cut the opening. Those pieces are glued in and spackle has been applied. I spent a little time doing some (hopefully) final scraping of wallpaper, and started priming the inside. Maybe by next weekend it will be ready for wallpaper. I'm still struggling with the exterior treatment. I can't find a texture I like for spackle stucco. I'm thinking I might smooth out the spackle and then either just paint over that, or try applying tissue over the spackle (will that even work?)

I did the dirty wash and dry brushed stonework on the outside of the Glencroft today. It's done! yay! I also installed most of the kitchen tile flooring. I need to do the outter edges which will require cutting and fitting. I'll try to get the wood flooring done next weekend as well as a start on the shingles.

I'm thinking my next build will be the Aster cottage :) Feeling inspired to work on some sort of cottage project! :wave:

I'm thinking my next build will be the Aster cottage :) Feeling inspired to work on some sort of cottage project! :wave:

OOOOHH I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this one. I love your work! It's absolutely amazing.

I did a little mini work after i got home from work today. Finished the stairway in the Glencroft and the rest of the stair runner. I glued in half of the wood flooring in the family room! yay! Great to see more progress!

I also pulled the Aster Cottage from the basement and dry fitted the shell...i was at work today and had some bashing ideas...lol. I am looking forward to building this next kit!

Well, after work today I started building the Aster cottage! I have the shell built and I filled in the opening in the second floor...i wanted a bathroom in this cottage...i also added a dividing wall. undecided if i will have a staircase or not so i left the staircase opening filled for now. I left all the roof overhang stuff off of the house because i was unsure if i wanted to add it or not...wasn't sure if i wanted the chunky roof or not.... I think i will...i'll work on that tomorrow after work. :) I have a couple of other small modifications in mind for this house!

I didn't know how I was going to wallpaper the bottom floor of my Arthur since I removed the dividing wall but after much thought I attempted to miniaturize the textured walls my dad did in my childhood home. It's a feathering style. It was fun to do and a great way to bring a bit of my dad into this house. Now I just need to decide on a color. I'm thinking neutral since the house will be brimming with colors everywhere else. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my kitchen set as that is going to be my key to settling on a wall color. Mailman's lucky I'm at work LOL

The effects of my shingles outbreak have pretty much gone away so trying to get some things done. Back at the MTC. Starting some of the interior trim on the workroom basement and redoing the tower. Finally found a local source for a Sono tube and picked it up last Friday. Now I have to trim it down to the right height and redo the door and window openings prior to beginning the Paper Clay rocking. Luckily the spiral stairs will work in the new format. Once that is done I can permanently attach the main structure of the MTC to the base and finish up the landscaping and do the roof. Have to build some doors and run the wiring for the sconces and the fireplaces then I can start the Paper Clay on the outside of the main structure.

Went to HL yesterday for some additional wood strips and checked out the mini supplies. Found a neat kitchen set of modern stainless steel pieces and with a forty % off decided to go ahead and get it. Not sure where I will use it but thought it was too good a buy to overlook.

Thanks to several folks who searched their stashes and found the old fashion copper electrical tape I was looking for and their willingness to share it I will be working on the Diva's electrical system in the not too distant future. The wicker pieces I ordered showed up this past weekend and they are gorgeous!

I know I owe some pictures but to be honest I just have not had the energy to take them out of the camera and post them. Will try and get to that real soon.

The effects of my shingles outbreak have pretty much gone away so trying to get some things done. Back at the MTC. Starting some of the interior trim on the workroom basement and redoing the tower. Finally found a local source for a Sono tube and picked it up last Friday. Now I have to trim it down to the right height and redo the door and window openings prior to beginning the Paper Clay rocking. Luckily the spiral stairs will work in the new format. Once that is done I can permanently attach the main structure of the MTC to the base and finish up the landscaping and do the roof. Have to build some doors and run the wiring for the sconces and the fireplaces then I can start the Paper Clay on the outside of the main structure.

Went to HL yesterday for some additional wood strips and checked out the mini supplies. Found a neat kitchen set of modern stainless steel pieces and with a forty % off decided to go ahead and get it. Not sure where I will use it but thought it was too good a buy to overlook.

Thanks to several folks who searched their stashes and found the old fashion copper electrical tape I was looking for and their willingness to share it I will be working on the Diva's electrical system in the not too distant future. The wicker pieces I ordered showed up this past weekend and they are gorgeous!

I know I owe some pictures but to be honest I just have not had the energy to take them out of the camera and post them. Will try and get to that real soon.

Well my local HL doesn't carry the mini millwork (deep breath) *SOB* so I guess I'll have to campaign for a trip over to Ft Walton Beach & Mary Esther later. I did find Christmas stuff 40% off and got a packet of eight wee blown glass snowmen and another of tiny flocked bottlebrush trees that I will use for mini purposes. Today we went looking for new, matching seat cushions for our metal bistro chairs (no longer in season, alas) and along the way I picked up a plain pine wreath and goodies to decorate it for Fall/ Thanksgiving and then pull off all that stuff and replace with goodies I got to decorate it for Winter/ Christmas that will include said snowmen & trees, and hang it on the front door.

I really miss Mildred.

After RL cleaning of the kitchen, emptying and washing down the fridge, sweeping, mopping and some laundry last night I was FINALLY able to see how my kitchen looks in my Arthur. I'm in absolute love. This whole house seems to be coming together because of these two pieces, and I wouldn't have them if it wasn't for a very very wonderful person from this forum. I really don't want to add an additional room on the side and I think if I choose the right bits of furniture I can get away without one. The living room seems a tad small so I'm thinking I will just have to choose small pieces. Example I'm leaning towards a love seat rather then a full sofa and maybe an arm chair or rocker for optimal seating. The tree will take up a lot of room and besides that I really would like a coffee table, old fashioned tv, some seating, presents and a record player. In the kitchen I still need a fridge and stools for under the eat-at-bar I will be adding to the back of the sink cabinet (there must be a proper name for that but I haven't a clue what it is). I took some pictures of the house. They'r a bit rough, no paint, flooring or lights but it does show the kitchen units and the stairs in the works. If I can get all the RL cleaning completed tonight and tomorrow night I will be able to play all weekend YAY! Fingers crossed I can get it all done. I'll post the pictures soon, left my camera cable at home so I'll have to wait a little bit.