What's everyone working on?

Heidi, I really like the small cream print and the all-over Jacobean floral (middle one) in your first picture. I don't really care for the colors in the paisley on the left in the second picture. But I'm sure whichever you pick will look great! Thanks also for that info; I'll have to give her a call this week. Love the mini Tudor, Mike! Linda, can't wait to see what you do with the Franklin. I like that one too!

Mike, now you gotta post another picture, with the chimney this time!

Well, I finally got something accomplished today. I got the first three steps done for Lisa's staircase in her Glencroft and got a start on the next 4 steps that come after, and she took a picture of it. It should show up soon. I'm doing Lisa's staircase a little differently from mine. Besides doing it much slower and much more carefully than mine and having 2 steps on the landing instead of one, I am also gluing the staircase together as I assemble it. This way I'm better able to fit it into that little space on the side. Mine I just threw together every which way and it's going to have gaps between the staircase and the walls.

I like Lisa's staircase so much, I had almost decided to redo mine like hers, but I changed my mind, Doing 4 cross steps is enough without punishing myself doing 4 more. Let's be realistic here. I enjoy doing Lisa's staircase and get a thrill of accomplishment doing it, the same way I would if I walked the Appalachian Trail. However, that thrill wouldn't motivate me into walking the Appalachian trail twice, likewise with this staircase, once is sufficient. Besides, while I was working on the staircase, Lisa in return, spackled and primed almost my entire house. I hate sanding and spackling and priming, she loves it. I told her she could spackle and prime any house of mine she wanted and I'd be happy to throw, er, carefully put them together. Anyway, after next week, we should really see some progress on both houses.

Mike, that wee Tudor looks awesome! with its itsy chimney.  I have FINALLY gotten someone who knows how to shoot my Fairfields bash and the farmhouse and I have begun to load the pictures.  I'm still learning the forum's picture loading process, so didn't get to caption more than one of the photos so far.

Mike, good to see you back! Love how the big house is turning out, and love that tiny house.

I had myself all set to work on the barn and get started on the Franklin yesterday, then got some very sad news that a dear friend of mine had died suddenly. Spent most of the day laying around and crying, and expect to do more of that today. He was a wonderful man, and quite a treasure, and my heart aches that he is gone too soon.

On 2/28/2016, 11:04:47, MikeUK said:

I know!......I forgot the chimney!...........It's got central heating!

<chuckling>  Mike, I once finished a house and was really happy with the stonework fireplace and chimney..........until I realized that the fireplace was on the left side of the house and I'd put the chimney on the right side.  <cackle>   I thought about fixing it and then left it because it made me laugh every time I looked at it.    But at the moment I'm literally drooling over your tiny tudor!  That's amazing!!!!

Heidi, I have a fixation with Moda too.  Okay, to be perfectly honest, I have a hardcore addiction to Moda Marbles.  Oooooooooh, so soft with a lovely drape that works perfectly in miniature.  And the textured look of the marbles tend to take on the look of velvet or suede in miniature.  Fairy frosts look fabulous in miniature too so whenever I catch a sale on them or Moda Marbles, I go nuts and buy half a yard of every colorway.  I prefer the term "stash enhancement" over "hoarding".  :rolleyes:

I love coming to this thread and reading about everyone working on this or that, listening to music, talking to their houses, getting into their Zone and feeling the mini-love.   Y'all never cease to make me feel like I just walked thru the front door of the happiest home on earth.  

Moving slowly but surely, I was able to stay in the studio long enough to goad Dr. Robertson into finishing the steampunk flowers for that new vase.   I painted some roses with bronze, silver, and copper paint and then went a little nuts with some gears and jewelry findings.   Here's the eye candy:  

large.steampunkflowers1.jpg.68c543083176

These are the flowers outside of the vase.  I glued them into the holes of a gear to keep them in place and make it easy to take them in and out of the vase.  From this angle you can also see the metal "leaves" on the back of the roses.  

large.steampunkflowers2.jpg.4fdbce1223b5

My order from Otterine arrives today and includes a sweet copper plant stand.  This vase will go on it and it'll live in the Steampunk Observatory.  I'll get a picture of it when it's all in place. 

• Like 1

Working at trimming out the Arthur and changing up the front of the house a little.  I think that I am enjoying this house more than all the others I have done.........well maybe except the Orchid which I love!   I wouldn't mind building another Orchid. 

7 hours ago, Deb said:

Heidi, I have a fixation with Moda too.  Okay, to be perfectly honest, I have a hardcore addiction to Moda Marbles.  Oooooooooh, so soft with a lovely drape that works perfectly in miniature.  And the textured look of the marbles tend to take on the look of velvet or suede in miniature.  Fairy frosts look fabulous in miniature too so whenever I catch a sale on them or Moda Marbles, I go nuts and buy half a yard of every colorway.  I prefer the term "stash enhancement" over "hoarding".  :rolleyes:

I concur!

downtonFabrics.jpg

• Like 1

Linda, sorry to hear about your loss, take time and grieve. Hugs!

Deb - love your steampunk flowers - especially the gears!! Sounds like you and Brae/Otterine have similar tastes! 

I now have all the fabrics I've ordered, so am now about making some decisions. I also think that I may do a swag over a pole and draperies on the side. I stole a swag treatment from one of my other houses to see the effect in the palladian window. While this has jabots, I would replace them with drapery panels. 

I also got one set of appliques I ordered, and now need to decide which to use. They're in my Thornhill album if you're curious. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=6071

48 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I have finished uploading photos of the finished Fairfields bash to its album, and I have added the farmhouse album pictures.

Holly, it's nice to see the details of the rooms that you've posted so far but I kept looking for a picture of the whole house. I still can't imagine the right-way house merged with the mirror image house.

48 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Holly, it's nice to see the details of the rooms that you've posted so far but I kept looking for a picture of the whole house. I still can't imagine the right-way house merged with the mirror image house.

The visual image center in my brain would be delighted to see the mirror effect too.  

Roxy, there's just something about the Orchid that draws us back to it.  I don't like to build a kit more than once as a general rule but I've built five Orchids and loved every one of them.  

DS didn't take any exterior pictures, but I'm not finished with the outside.  Because of where it all sits for the time being I cant really display them in all their glory, so I'm working on other projects until I can get to that.  I have a whole bunch more of mini accessories to use, too;  I'll plan another photo session for them when he comes back.  I don't think he goes anywhere without his camera.  I did add the overall interior shots this AM.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

DS didn't take any exterior pictures, but I'm not finished with the outside.  Because of where it all sits for the time being I cant really display them in all their glory, so I'm working on other projects until I can get to that.

Tsk, tsk. We don't need glory. In-progress photos are as satisfying as all-done photos, maybe even more so. You of all people know that. I'm surprised you didn't take advantage of the photographer while you had him. I hope he's coming back soon. If not, you may be forcing me to come to Seminole. :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KathieB said:

Tsk, tsk. We don't need glory. In-progress photos are as satisfying as all-done photos, maybe even more so. You of all people know that. I'm surprised you didn't take advantage of the photographer while you had him. I hope he's coming back soon. If not, you may be forcing me to come to Seminole. :) 

Well now THAT sounds like a plan!  Meanwhile, thank you for sending the photo card.  DH found the box of photo CDs and I have been merrily restoring my "Dolls" album.  I might even make albums for some of the Team build houses I've done.

On 2/24/2016, 2:19:15, miniaddicted said:

As I completed the Bespaq re-upholstery, I'm now considering window treatments and selecting fabrics. 

IMG_3512.JPG

My internet was down for about a week, so I'm just seeing this. Those fabrics are beautiful, and go so nicely in that room. It will be beautiful!

I got an email from Real Good Toys about a new contest they are doing. It's a porch kit with a very nice price (free shipping as well)

Here's a link in case anyone is interested.

I'm hoping to get my upper floor wallpaper finished today. The office just has to have a striped paper, arts and crafts style, and she just has to have the sloped part of the ceiling done. My simple house is turning into a diva, just like the rest of them:D

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chapchap73 said:

I got an email from Real Good Toys about a new contest they are doing. It's a porch kit with a very nice price (free shipping as well)

Here's a link in case anyone is interested.

I'm hoping to get my upper floor wallpaper finished today. The office just has to have a striped paper, arts and crafts style, and she just has to have the sloped part of the ceiling done. My simple house is turning into a diva, just like the rest of them:D

That's cute.  I have an idea that sprung to mind as soon as I saw it too.  Nowhere near ready for contests though!!

• Like 1