What's everyone working on?

18 hours ago, MikeUK said:

These weren't really made today.....The sideboard a while ago and the display cabinet over the weekend......They were finished today though and will be the first pieces of furniture for the first floor showroom!

I also started on the 'saw room' in the roof space by making some faux ducting for the faux dust!

I have some plans for a bookcase in this style if your interested in them I can send them to you just PM me your email

8 hours ago, pawsplus said:

How did I miss the table? Wow! How do you guys do that stuff? I just spent almost 2 hours putting the hardware on an HOM chest of drawers, and I almost lost my mind LOL. 

My table? If so I can do another one and a tutorial for you. It is really easy and only adds a couple of $'s to the price

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pawsplus said:

I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that. I can't even cut basswood with a utility knife without splitting it. :-( But the tutorial would be fun to see, and others here could actually do it!

I am sure you could do it if you wanted to :)

I can write very easy directions. Basswood is hard to cut without splitting this is easy

Joel, I think your tutorials are very well done, and your table would be most appreciated.

2 hours ago, pawsplus said:

I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that...

Until you try, you don't know what you can accomplish.

1 hour ago, jaxenro said:

I am sure you could do it if you wanted to :)

I can write very easy directions. Basswood is hard to cut without splitting this is easy

It also depends on what you use to cut it, and basswood also glues back together easily!lol

7 minutes ago, Dalesq said:

I'm interested in seeing how you did this. It looks great! :) 

I need another one of these Chippendale tables and I will do a tutorial not sure if I have one coming. If not I will buy one off of fleabay but it might be a week or two

Now the Hepplewhite table kits I have something equally easy but a lot fancier planned but I also need to buy some supplies

21 hours ago, JustCallMeAnna said:

Is there a line that I can stand in so that I can get "the first that don't succeed"?! I think they're fabulous, Mike!

21 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Yeah just imagine what you'd get out of his garbage cans! Where did you say you lived, Mike? Exactly?

18 hours ago, kathi17 said:

Things never look as good in pictures as they do in real life. For some reason the camera seems to magnify every little detail, including the grain in the wood and make it look giant sized, when in real life, you barely see it. Those are beautiful Mike, and I bet in person, they are very smooth and perfect looking.

18 hours ago, pawsplus said:

Mike, those are really lovely!  It's probably a good thing you live in the UK.  All of us would be breaking down your door and making unreasonable demands on you, otherwise!

17 hours ago, jaxenro said:

Really nice work looks like Craftsman / Stickley style. You do very clean work and have a good eye for proportion and design

I tend to photograph  things as I am working on them now to look for flaws I can correct. They stick out in the photo's in a way they don't to the naked eye. My burl chests look far better on my desk than in the photo's here

Thanks for the encouragement all of you!

The table looks wonderful Joel. I've always been going to do that with some furniture, but never got around to sending for the veneers. After seeing how yours came out, I'm definitely going to send for some! (It will be a while though, I just found out a few minutes ago, that I really am getting Aggiemae's Japanese Inn and spa, and that takes a year or two to build, but I am so happy)!!!

My last day of freedom for a while I think.......I've had an urgent request from my oncologist to get my...........self in tomorrow for a CT scan................and just when you thought it was safe to get into the water again!

Anyway I've finished (for now!) the workshops..........I did end up doing a little judicious 'mucking up' but these are tidy guys so only a bit!

TH059s.jpg

TH060s.jpg

59 minutes ago, MikeUK said:

My last day of freedom for a while I think.......I've had an urgent request from my oncologist to get my...........self in tomorrow for a CT scan................and just when you thought it was safe to get into the water again!

Anyway I've finished (for now!) the workshops..........I did end up doing a little judicious 'mucking up' but these are tidy guys so only a bit!

Mike, you can make sawdust look good.  I walk away from your pictures shaking my head in disbelief.

Best of luck and my prayers go with you.

10 hours ago, pawsplus said:

I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that. 

Whatever the that is, if you're pretty sure you can't do it, you probably can't.

Consider The Little Engine That Could with his "I think I can, I think I can" mantra. 

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Mike, DH just walked in as I was drooling over your workshop and commented that it didn't look like a mini.  I pointed out the roof opening.  The mini man who uses that shop sure didn't generate as much sawdust turning all those pieces on that lathe as I did with DH's big lathe turning four kitchen table legs for my pub.

I pray that all goes well with your CT scan.

Mike, I'm hoping your CT scan is all clear. I see your mini woodworker has a fine dust collection system :)

I can hardly believe I'm posting in this thread two days in a row! I got the window frames painted and the inside ones installed. The porch beam is in, and the ceiling of the downstairs is finished. I've put the first coat of paint on the lower portion of the house. It's a lovely blue/gray called French Colony. Although this house is Craftsman, I can't put it too much dark wood for fear of making it hard to see inside. I'm really pleased with how the interior is coming along so far.