What's everyone working on?

Bought another Michael's puzzle house, this time the bigger one. Have decided to make a faux gingerbread house. I will paint it honey brown and then decorate.

Both Michael's and Hobby Lobby have mini candies for Christmas(candy canes, gum drops etc.) A far cry from Steampunk....lol.

• Like 4

I am working on a Noah's Ark themed baby shower cake this evening.

And then tomorrow I am working on packing for a weekend in the Poconos! :D With all of the stress lately, it will be good to get away.

• Like 3

Agatha and Agnes are NOT happy in the pink house. Everytime I go by the door, I hear them saying something about witches and pink houses, lol. That'll teach them not to mess with me.

As you all know I've been doing a major declutter in my real house. Which means a lot of my craft stuff has to go. I want to enjoy the stuff I have, not get frustrated everytime I walk in the room. I want to rehab the rehab houses and get them sold. I didn't get any of them to keep. I got them to fix up and sell. So, that is what I am doing. I walked in the craft room, ignored the witches pouting in the pink house and just stood there and looked around. The haunted house caught my eye.... So I sat down and made a quick list of things to do and some ideas. The witches were really interested.... I do believe I have a nasty witch among us.... So I'm thinking of doing a little interior work on the haunted house. not much, because my boys made that house and I want to leave it as they made it. I did consult them and they laughed at me.! I'm thinking of giving the haunted house to one of the sisters.... Putting in a second floor so she will have a bedroom and a place to store her potions. And making the bedroom downstairs the kitchen. also might add a fireplace.

For the other witch I will build her a small house, maybe even redo the pink house in stone, it will be for the nicer of the two witches, sorta a good and bad witch thing. I'm thinking it will just look like a old home, with a fireplace. It'll be two rooms, if I build it from my own design. One medium sized room for her living and cooking area, and a small room for her bed. I'm not quite sure either idea will work out. But I have a big sheet of Luan I want to get rid of... And making a small cottage for one of them would use some of that Luan. I really don't want to put it in the trash :). I'm thinking she will just have herbs hanging around.... Maybe a Tudor look to the interior and exterior.

I've been searching here for ideas as well as google and pinterest. I'm not into the fantasy stuff, it's hard for me to get a idea for fantasy.

I'm thinking of adding a very small graveyard, that will sit in between the two houses.

I'm still working on the Allison jr. It's a turquoise color now. I really need to sell these rehab houses so I can keep the ones I love. But the Allison jr. Would be a smaller footprint than the two witch houses, but I won't get rid of the haunted house ever! Because my boys made it. Decisions !

Kellee

Built a floor to ceiling 3 sectioned shelf for the Cozy Corner project. It's interior is a light blue; the shelves and edge mouldings are off white.

I've been trying to make a bowl type structure for the base of an intricate chandelier out of clay, it's hopeless!

One more week until I can drive again. Been stuck at home due to a foot surgery. Dying to get to the new HL which just opened in Boca Raton. Rumor has it, our town, Coral Springs is getting one soon. Yipee!

• Like 1

Kellee, just be aware that, that is how Tessie started out...Tudor half timber cottage. Living area on the bottom and bedroom on top... So much for good intentions. She now owns a good sized townhouse, a hat shop, a tea shop, a fortune teller's business, a book shop and one third interest in the Witch's Warehouse.

She is now trying to figure out how to get custody of Daisy's Time Machine.... Be afraid... Be very afraid... I think it's called the snowball effect...

• Like 2

Finished the Cozy Corner for the NAME Day 2014 :banana: What a fun little kit. It will someday go into my Federal Manor but for now I just posed it with a backdrop - and 4 gentlemen meeting for lunch.

• Like 4

Somehow I can't visualize a steampunk gingerbread house...

Holly....was trying to be funny....guess it didn't work...lol.

I have been painting the house "Honey Brown" which when dry looks like gingerbread. Not as easy as i thought, it is 1/2" scale and very tight. Going to

make a few pieces of "Gingerbread" furniture with candy cane legs. Now I have to find my caulking gun for the frosting.......wish me luck.

:bear:

• Like 2