What's everyone working on?

Today I am going to work on the measurements for the Tudor cottage for one of the witch sisters. I want it small but big enough to hold everything. I don't even know what everything is yet. I'll go thru my furniture stash and see what I can use for both of their homes. The haunted house already has some furniture.

Then I'm going to pull out the Christmas house and get it furnished, I need to go thru my stash for stove, sink and fridge that will fit in the kitchen of the Tiffany. I need to add a fireplace, then look for a sofa to recover, and I want to make a sleigh bed. I found one on pinterest I want to make, it's from card stock !!!!!!!!!

Kellee

Looking forward tomsee the witchy homes take shape Kelly!

Over here I have been fiddling with the lighthouse base, ie filling upp the base voids with styrofoam pieces so it has been messy work for sure... Have it glues now thpugh and in dryinf mode so hopefully I will be able to break out the paperclay soon to create the sides into simulated stone surface.

In between that I am still palying around with creating a steampunk stove, have scored some copper spray paint I will try out when the weather allows.

Hugs

• Like 1

I may have to make a stove, fridge and sink for the Tiffany..... Unfortunatly everything I have is way too big. I also wanted a sleigh bed upstairs... That is going to be interesting too. I found a neat pinterest post about one made of card stock. I may have to resize it some to fit. The Tiffany is so small.....lol, but is the perfect Christmas house.

I haven't started working on the witches homes yet. I keep looking at the primrose..... I don't want it too big. I'll have to add onto the primrose, but just enough for a bed. And it'll have to be on the side because she doesn't want stairs. Lol, her sister told her to use her broom.LOL! they are very impatient right now because they are stuck in the pink house. Lol.

I am working on lights for the console of Daisy's Time Machine. So far, I am very pleased. At the rate I'm going, time travel will be possible by the time I'm done!

If you want to see the progress, hit "my blog changes daily" below.

I'm on the search for grey hair ! The witches want to take off their hats when they finally move into their homes, and their hair is very short and they want long hair..... I don't need a lot, so I'm hoping to find a small stash in my stuff. If not,.......

what would make good witch hair?

Used poster tape to secure the cork paper walls in the music room.......waiting to see if it holds. Still in the planning stages...realized my "ceilings" are wood. Oops. Now considering painting them white....but music room isnt paintable now so it may get "tin" plastic ceiling. Or I may do something with posterboard and stick it up....hrm how to make it loook like acoustic tile....

Decisions decisions...

Is the strainer porcelain, metal or clay?

Lovely little piece, pretty color too.

The description originally said it's made from paper, metal, and cold porcelain. I just watched a video on cold porcelain using corn starch and glue. Very interesting. I may have to make some. It's a cheap way to make air dry clay.

• Like 1

I pinned one on Pinterest, not sure if it's the same as Sable's. It's pretty easy: 1 1/2 cup of corn starch, 1 cup school glue, 1 TBSP white vinegar, 1 TBSP cooking or baby oil, and 1 tsp body lotion. I haven't tried it out yet, but it's on my list of to-dos.

I'm finishing up my swap items tonight, and then need to straighten up the mess working on those things has left. Then, it'll be back to the farmhouse! I need to shingle, add the porch/balcony, and start working on the railing. I have a million other things to do to the exterior too, but I need to stop making a list that's impossible to accomplish in one weekend.

• Like 1

I have the haunted house second floor measured, and I'll just need to recover the bed, maybe. The kitchen area will be interesting though. I may have to remove some of the wall, sorta an arch... So there is support for the second floor., and room for a kitchen.... Or maybe just a fireplace..... Not sure the witch will need a sink and fridge, lol. She will have a big pot of something cooking on the stove or in the fireplace depending what she decides.

The Primrose is the perfect size for the other witches house, I'll need to add a small room to the one side for a bedroom. I have the Luan I'll need for both projects sitting in the shed ! I can also make a twin size bed for the witch from the Luan. I have an old dress shirt I'll use to make the mattress, and I have pillow stuffing. Then I'll have to make a bedspread..... Thinking of using the same color as her dress for that. Not sure yet. I have an idea for the fireplace, I hope will work. May have enough Luan for that as well.

I'll wait until both houses are finished and ready to be moved in before I decide on the bedspreads... Let the witches decide what house they want. That should be interesting, I don't intend to tell them the houses are finished euphemistic they are... I'll just stay out of the craft room for a few days.

I found a stove in my stash that is the perfect size for the Tiffany, aka, Santa house. The only problem is its plastic and grey and pink. So I'll have to paint it. Hopefully craft paint will be ok. I'm going to make a fridge using 2 pieces of 1x2, they will go side by side and look like a side by side fridge. I dont have a sink yet, I'll have to think on that one. I have the jelly container for the actual sink just need to think of what to use for the cabinet.... I also have the faucet, gonna raid my boys tackle boxes for that. I'll definatly need a sink, fridge and stove in that house, I know there will be tons of cookies being made!

Kellee

Lol, Debra, of course I have a Michaels hutch in my stash ! I will measur that out tomorrow. Thank you for reminding me. I forgot all about bashing those.

I've got to come up with something different for the fridge, my 1x2s will be too wide for the area I have to work with. The Tiffany is so small, but I love it ! The mini furniture I have is just too big, and it's all 1" scale. I'm thinking of making a small old fashioned fridge.

Kellee

Playing with electrical components and ways to hide them. Found a heat shrink wrap to cover the wires and metal frame delivering power to the chandelier lights. Here is my prototype. Still need to order the light bulbs, socket and wire and make 5 more.

Sable, could you tell us where you found this? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure she's making it herself. Looking good, Sable!!

I dug out the pieces of my old Minitown Loft kit. Thinking of throwing it together with simple decor and putting it on craigslist.