Greenleaf's Fifth Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a faux fur roof done, I may try that one day, after I run out of coconut fibers...I bought WAY more than I needed to thatch the mill. I've never seen a paperclay thatched roof, that's an intriguing idea.

I got bored fast after the mill was done. I started the Chantilly yesterday...which is going to end up with a thatched roof, I suspect.

So........................I tried the Aleene's with some thatch and trust me, it does NOT shed, compared to how we'd already done this with silicone, which, took 1 1/4 tubes. The Aleene's will take a lot, but, the thatch sticks to it much, much better.

I am still working on Chimley Cottage and suspect I will do so for the rest of the summer, making every detail just perfect. I do miniature knitting and of course an English cottage needs a sweater or two...........I am making a couple of chairs now for the living room. Loved the red and blue chairs when the living room was white stucco but the yellowish aged stucco became a necessity when the white looked too gray inside, and so on and so forth. Dreams of mini land. Right now I am on my way to pick out my next project. A 1/2 scale Greenleaf of one style or another which we have very special plans for.............

Everyone have a great weekend :)

Morgan

What'd I miss?!!! :shifty: Just back from a mini-vacation to Florida. I went to see the final Space Shuttle launch at the Kennedy Space Center. Since it went off on schedule, we had a few days to do other things. Went to Universal Studios and rode the Harry Potter ride...a bit scary...well, it pushes and pulls you all over and I'm not one for thrill rides. :o Then we went up in a 1931 biplane today before returning home. It was incredible!

AND!!!! I got to meet Lyssa in person! :jumping:

I am now rested and ready for more spring fling action. I see there are new galleries. :ohyeah:

Yeah! A big hoppity hop hop for getting to meet Brae! Best-cyber-now-corporeal-friend EVER!!!

I just got back from mini vacay myself down to my parents house to watch the launch. We weren't sure that it was going to happen, so instead of dragging the kids to KSC, we watched it on TV. So glad Brae got to see it up close!!!

Spent today at the Florida Aquariam and I think I will need to be making my own dollhouse aquarium soon. :)

Brae, your entry just blew me away! I looked at it in your blog and got so involved in how you made everything that I forgot I left the dog out and it started to rain like crazy! The dog has forgiven me so I drooled over your pictures again in the gallery! You are so talented!!

I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for their kind and wonderful comments on Chimley Cottage. I created this to be as filled with light and happiness and love and all good things as possible. I wanted it to be something that made me smile no matter how rotten of a day it was. And it does, make me smile. But...............it is all of your entries that are making me smile right now!!! Every day I look at more photos again. Every day I see that every entry is enchanting. Every one is my favorite. And that my great mini 'friends' (I know I don't know you well yet, but hey, if we all love mini's............) makes me feel really really honored. I got to be a part of a group like this. Now that is winning!!!!!

One of my favorite things about Chimley Cottage is the morning sun shining through the 'stained glass' in the entry. A very big thank you to ebayer Pat Sprague for these beautiful windows. They are awesome. I can't wait to put more in another project.

Has anyone built The Diana yet?????? I'm thinking of that one soon.

:) Morgan

Thanks everyone :) The windows are awesome. I was so glad to find this woman. They are extremely reasonable too. Under $10 each for the ones pictured.

The alcoves were where it all started with the floor plan. You may see the entry area is a step above the dining area in that room. Well, I got one of these cabinets because I found it interesting. When I discovered it fit the windows perfect I went with just the one and got the stained glass window for it. The cabinet is from the collection of Gavin and Patti Macleod. I got it through Alan Adler of The Museum of Mom and Pop Culture. He has a lot of really fun collectibles. The colors of the house were all worked around pieces from that collection in being in each room. (All accessories except the cabinet) Anyway, when I found the matching cabinet on eBay I bought it and was excited to learn it is a 'Hello Dolly' cabinet from the 70's. When I found a third I went ahead and got it because I love the way they work in this house and am hoping to make another center piece as a shop. So...................for anyone liking that cabinet, it is a perfect fit for the windows except it needs to be raised. A trim could be added around the bottom or like I did, the floor can be raised a step all the way across.

Also, on the windows, Pat loves working with people to make sure they get just what they want. These are just as they come and I love them. Just enter 'dollhouse stained glass' in eBay and you will find her. She always has a lot listed.

Off to work on the cottage some more :) Everyone have a great day :) Morgan

Thanks everyone :) The windows are awesome. I was so glad to find this woman. They are extremely reasonable too. Under $10 each for the ones pictured.

The alcoves were where it all started with the floor plan. You may see the entry area is a step above the dining area in that room. Well, I got one of these cabinets because I found it interesting. When I discovered it fit the windows perfect I went with just the one and got the stained glass window for it. The cabinet is from the collection of Gavin and Patti Macleod. I got it through Alan Adler of The Museum of Mom and Pop Culture. He has a lot of really fun collectibles. The colors of the house were all worked around pieces from that collection in being in each room. (All accessories except the cabinet) Anyway, when I found the matching cabinet on eBay I bought it and was excited to learn it is a 'Hello Dolly' cabinet from the 70's. When I found a third I went ahead and got it because I love the way they work in this house and am hoping to make another center piece as a shop. So...................for anyone liking that cabinet, it is a perfect fit for the windows except it needs to be raised. A trim could be added around the bottom or like I did, the floor can be raised a step all the way across.

Also, on the windows, Pat loves working with people to make sure they get just what they want. These are just as they come and I love them. Just enter 'dollhouse stained glass' in eBay and you will find her. She always has a lot listed.

Off to work on the cottage some more :) Everyone have a great day :) Morgan

Those really are great windows! I love the woodwork around them. And your ceiling is gorgeous, too.

Lots going on here in my RL and none of it mini's. So sad.

So am I the only one out here who is bummed there is no more contest until next Spring??? I mean, couldn't we have another contest soon? There wouldn't have to be prizes or winners, just a contest!!! This has been so fun. My husband and I are already talking about all kinds of thoughts for next year.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Morgan

So am I the only one out here who is bummed there is no more contest until next Spring??? I mean, couldn't we have another contest soon? There wouldn't have to be prizes or winners, just a contest!!! This has been so fun. My husband and I are already talking about all kinds of thoughts for next year.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Morgan

I know what you mean, Morgan. It is so intense while you are working to meet that deadline. We do have the winners announcement to look forward to, and there is a Summer Contest at CDHM right now. The theme is Fairy Tales. You can find it at CDHM.

Maybe some good do-bee at GL will resurrect the October contest?

Shows how new I am. Never heard of the October Contest. I LOVE it!!! What a fun time to build something as a Christmas gift, or, for a gift to ourselves :) I want to see a 1/2 scale contest soooooooo bad........................hint hint Greenleaf :) 1/2 scale for October........................... pleeeeeeze............................. a sweet little Christmas/Mountain cottage.....................................

Morgan

Another contest would be fun. If my schedule wasn't already full to the brim I would participate in the CDHM fairytale one.

So, the results should be coming soonish?!??!!?