Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Not to sound like a whiner but the smaller sizes could be a terrible problem for some of us more "senior" participants.

To clarify, my arthritis and bifocals make tiny detail projects next to impossible to do, let alone actually enjoy.

While I love the idea, the space solution and the finished products look - the building of them would be a true challenge.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. The really small scales might not attract many entrants for the reasons mentioned. Half scale might not be a bad compromise and by this time next year there may be far more advocates of half scale and more suppliers of accessories etc. By going smaller we will probably lose detail but it depends on the criteria for the competition - is detail important?

I agree. The really small scales might not attract many entrants for the reasons mentioned. Half scale might not be a bad compromise and by this time next year there may be far more advocates of half scale and more suppliers of accessories etc. By going smaller we will probably lose detail but it depends on the criteria for the competition - is detail important?

As to the detail -- by submitting only 3 pictures, a LOT of detail is overlooked anyway :hug: Somewhere on this forum is a link to a wonderful tutorial on 1:144 scale. A woman who apparently did that exclusively. And she even tells how to make the dolls out of toothpicks. I can see how arthritis and bifocals could be a problem with that though.

What can be taking so long? They have selected the winners and created an album - assuming its complete - but how long does it take to upload 120 pics - not this long. If its the participants gift that isn't completed, that can be announced later - we just want to see the gallery and to know who the lucky winners are.

Come on Dean, you gave us a deadline but you have missed your own.

I realize everyone is antsy to know who the winner's are and see the gallery - but Dean did not specifically say Monday - I believe he said "early next week"

Not trying to sound "witchy" - just concerned that too much complaining may ruin a good thing and we may lose it? That would definitely be much worse than having to wait it out. :giggle:

I have to agree with Chris. The days are dragging for us, but I'll bet Dean is rushed off his feet! I'm content to wait for all the rewards - eye-candy gallery, the "happiness-high" of congratulating the winners, and that special something that Dean is working on. :giggle:

Dean goes out of his way to make this a very exciting event for all of us - and that takes time! ;)

I wonder if the computer lets the admins know how many clicks there are on the Gallery, from those of us who keep checking to see if it's open yet! While we are anxious, I wouldn't want the staff burning the candle at both ends to get finished at a specified time. Patience is a virtue -- just think how "virtuous" we will all be! :giggle:

There were a third less entries than last year and last years were truly outstanding.

Ok all, I'll sit on my hands and wait patiently but I bet I haven't said anything that you weren't all thinking lol.

Hahahahahaha......I still think the whole thing was fun(contest) and funny-the

waiting.I'm willing to bet that this was the hardest contest so far!! Heck, I'm still waiting for my E-mail...hahahahahahahahahahaha! :giggle:

i think Dean has forgot my email address :lol: ;) so thats the hold up :giggle:

actually...that maybe the problem...getting hold of the winner?

PS just checked my email...nothing :hmm:

If we're going to go to a smaller scale, my vote would be for the 1:144 scale.

I think this would be extremely prohibitive for many . . . not just the more elderly, as mentioned before . . . those that might have arthritis, vision problems, or other conditions to deal with, but also the newer builders. Even though I like (and have built) 1:144 scale houses, I find them more tedious than the larger scales. Plus, despite the fact that I (like most others here) have a space problem for adding a lot more 1:12 scale houses, the very small scale houses just don't have the impact that the larger ones do. People that have seen my collection give a brief "oh, look at that" to the 1:144 scale houses, but spend a lot of time looking closely at the 1:12 scale houses.