A road trip . . . a new project

I am so excited that I just HAD to tell you all about this: my brother has finally finished my massive haunted mansion. He lives all the way across the state from me, and I left VERY early on Saturday morning to go get it . I have a van, and have never had any problem transporting any of my houses before (including the fully built Thornhill). Anyway, I got to his house, and the haunted mansion would NOT fit in my van. My poor brother had to load it up onto the back of his truck and drive it all the way up here to my house! My dad had to build me a special table (6 feet long!) to hold it and when we got the haunted mansion set up, my brother stood back and in a very pleased tone, announced "well, that one dwarfs all of your other ones!" He is totally right . . . Middleton Manor is just huge! Considering that I have a lot of really big houses such as the Thornhill, the Granville, etc. . ., that's saying a lot! Anyway, I love it because my brother custom-designed & built it and there is literally no other house out there like this one. I have not yet started doing the finish work on it, but I suspect this one will take me quite a while. No pics yet . . . I want to surprise you all!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Rhonda!!! I read all of that hoping to see a link or a thumbnail at the bottom. :(

Please hurry and upload pics!!

I'm sorry, but honestly . . . I think it'll be worth the wait. A teaser pic is attached.

Thanks, LLyn . . . you are right, my brother rocks!

Getting us all excited in the anticipation of seeing this new mansion & then telling us we have to wait, that's not fair! (saying this in my most whiny spoiled brat tone possible)

How about if we all promise to be surprised later - you could put up a picture of the house today - leave it up just for one day and then remove the picture - and then we all promise to be very surprised some time from now when you have the official unveiling of the completed mansion???? :(

Oh come on, Julie and Jeff . . . I SWEAR I am not trying to be mean. I just don't have any of my part done on it yet, and I think you will enjoy seeing it more when I have it a little further along! Plus, I dropped my digital camera and I can't seem to get the camera to hold a charge. I think the fall did something to the battery connections. I hope to get somebody to see if they can help me fix it, though, and if it can be fixed, then perhaps I can do pictures before too long!

I think you should borrow a camera if you have to for some before shots. It would be nice to have photos of progress if only to show what your brother did and what you did to it. And to share with us, of course. :(

O.K., everybody . . . I couldn't bear to hold out on you all. There are now some "before" shots in my gallery under "Middleton Manor". I have a lot of special plans & ideas for this one, but I will have to ask you to wait until they are place to say more! This house has a VERY specific theme (aside from being haunted), so I think it is going to be a LOT of fun when it's all done. I am thrilled with the job my brother did. Every time he builds me something, he steps it up from the last one! I particularly appreciate how he put in "aged" floors for me and finished the attic to save me some steps. The tower caps also light up with eerie blue lights. and my brother also HANDMADE each and every brick! Yeah, he rocks!

Thank you, Rhonda. Is that your brother in the first picture? Does he want another sister? (I'm old, so wouldn't be around all that long...) He did an OUTSTANDING job on that spiral stair, too! And the gargoyle looks right at home. I would hate that house to be haunted, but if you must, it looks like just aging the wood silvery would do the trick...

Thank you, Rhonda. Is that your brother in the first picture? Does he want another sister? (I'm old, so wouldn't be around all that long...) He did an OUTSTANDING job on that spiral stair, too! And the gargoyle looks right at home. I would hate that house to be haunted, but if you must, it looks like just aging the wood silvery would do the trick...

Hi, Holly . . . I got a good chuckle from your post. I'm not too sure he even wants me . . . he assures me I'm a lot of trouble and expense! Anyway, yes - that IS him in the picture. I am glad you like the staircase - he worked hard on it. And, trust me . . . you will like it haunted when it is all said & done! Besides, he went to a lot of trouble to age all the floors and attic!