Natalie's Laurel

chattycathy66

Natalie's (dd#1)poor Laurel has been sititing since about August--but now that the Gazebo and Travel Trailer are done, we've had time to work on it. Lately I've been doing a majority of the work...but that's ok...Natalie is enjoying the progress.

The inside is nearly done--just a few little things here and there...

and as for the exterior, must make the doors fit--she wants them hinged--the porch rails and roof will go up soon....and then it's just shingling the roof--of course, Nat's decided the attic should have sky-lights...it is somewhat of an eclectic farmhouse, I guess,lol Laurel must have been whispering to Natalie.....

Natalie is really excited about having her pictures uploaded to the gallery :p

post-1675-1263020190_thumb.jpg

yup, the roofs already on,lol--I'm sure it will present a bit of a challenge, but I'll see what I can do to appease the Laurel--it must have been her who asked for sky lights --Natalie would never be difficult like that,lol

Kathie, I tried nudging toward the dormers....I thought it might look more traditional, but my dd really really wanted the sky lights....and I guess since it's "her" house, I 'll go along,lol

thanks for the compliments, Natalie is proud of her paper choices :p

The upper left room (attic) the paper in that room is it scrap booking paper? I think I bought the same paper at Michaels, that is also where I got the pink striped paper I used in the Brookfield rehab. I love that the back side of that paper is solid and matches one of the colors the striped side.

I love everything you have done and am interested to see how you are going to add the skylights.

Well, here's the progress on the Laurel--I added the sky lights as Natalie wanted them....actually she wanted them horizontally, but ...I thought if they were a "must" they should go vertically ....Not bad, I guess...don't tell her, but I actually preferred the dormer windows, but it is her house...

post-1675-1263584138_thumb.jpg

Wow! What a beautiful house. My daughter and I are building a Laurel right now (a first for both of us). She's not too interested in sanding, or sanding, or sanding (did I mention sanding), but she is having fun deciding what she wants to do inside the house! She said something about dormers the other day... not sure if I'm up for a modification like that yet, but I do like the looks of them. She hasn't thought of skylights yet. :( I'll have to show her the pictures that you have uploaded. She loves looking at the other houses. Thanks for sharing!

lol, Katie, my DD did great with sanding the first few days....then decided I did a better job with it,lol I'd love to see how dormers look with this house. I don't think it would be too difficult with the pre assembled (Houseworks) dormers, just cut the hole and stick em in :(

Roxxie, you're right! The scrap book paper is great, but it is tricky to try and find the right scale...Some of the larger patterns work ok, but I wish I could find more smaller paptterns :)