New from Maryland

jennywren

Hello everyone,

Just joined up yesterday. I live in Western Maryland and was introduced to the world of dollhouses about 5 years ago by a co-worker. I really in to it then and bought two kits and then got busy and never built them. This year I decided to get them out and start building. Hopefully I will be finished my first house by Christmas (I better, it's a gift).

Thank you all for the welcome. I am currently working on a Victorian Cottage Jr kit that someone gave me several years ago. I thought that this would make a great first dollhouse for my niece so this one I need to complete by Christmas. So far so good. I'll try to get some pics posted soon. After being inspired by Minis on the Edge, I'm going to attempt a paperclay fireplace for the house. The other kit that I purchased for myself years ago is the Willow and within the last few days I bought an older Tennyson. Unfortunately, I seem to be attracted to houses of the past and am trying to acquire a Franklin, a Bobbi, and a Rutherford by Artply and a Chantilly and a Canterbury by Greenleaf. I find myself continually scanning ebay just by chance that one will show up for a reasonable price. Wish me luck!

Heelo and Welcome! :welcome:

Sounds like you'll fit right in! We're all a bunch of addicts at heart. No matter how many unfinished kits we have we still want that one special house (or two or three, well you get the idea!).

Take lots of pictures! Its lots opf fun to watch progress in photos!

Hello! Where in Western Maryland are you from? I am from Oldtown, near Cumberland. I now live in WV, in Hedgesville, which is near Berkeley Springs!!! How are you doing getting mini items. We hardly have any stores here that carry anything. There is a show and sale at the end of October in Frederick that I go to you might like. It's at the Holiday Inn by the Frances Scott Key Mall the last Sunday in October and it's also in March, but I don't know that date. Anyway, it's good to hear from someone nearby me!! I'm Sara Lee.