Hello from Singapore

Hi all,

I stumbled onto this forum while searching for a 1:12 dollhouse for my doll, Charlotte.

I collect playscale dolls (Blythe) and Charlotte is my first 14cm Ball-jointed Animal, a little piggy :)

I like to decorate dollhouses, my playscale dollhouse is actually an ikea bookcase it kind of made do since it is soo hard to find a playscale dollhouse and get it shipped to Singapore for a reasonable price. :)

After researching for 3 days, I finally decided to get the Orchid and do a little whimiscal house/cottage for Charlotte. I am waiting shipping quotes from the websites and then place my order.

I want to thank Kat's for a big enable, I fell in love with her Orchid for Mollie. :wub:

This is the first dollhouse that I am attempting to put together so I am naturally worried about all the work and I want to put lightnings up too, with lights it takes much better pictures.

Finally, I am from Singapore, not Hong Kong or Australia. ;) I just can't find the flag for Singapore hahahahaaa

Nice meeting everyone :)

Anne

Welcome to our "little" family, Anne. Your Charlotte sounds like Tilly Wants Cake and at least one other BJD piggy is lurking around here waiting for her house; Tilly is getting a Buttercup. Arda has Alice in Wonderland and Pippi Longstocking.

After five posts you can make an album of your pictures and open them in the Gallery, Anne; you can go ahead and post pictures in your posts anyway! Since you already have more than five posts, we're all looking forward to seeing your pictures as you build.

Welcome to our "little" family, Anne. Your Charlotte sounds like Tilly Wants Cake and at least one other BJD piggy is lurking around here waiting for her house; Tilly is getting a Buttercup. Arda has Alice in Wonderland and Pippi Longstocking.

Awwww Tilly is getting a buttercup? I had my eyes on that too but I decided to go for a larger dollhouse. I would love to see your dollhouses,, any link?? :)

Welcome Anne!

Thank you!! :)

Hi and :wub: !! -- so glad you found us!

:)

Me too! This community is one major reason why I am getting the Greenleaf/Corona kit, despite my friend's feedback.

Hi and :) !! The Orchid is a great house to start with. Enjoy it!!

:wub:

I read on one of the user's blog that Orchid's instructions is kind of hard since there are no pictures. Should I be worried?

Hello Anne :) and welcome, I'm looking forward to see your Charlotte :) .

Thank you :D I am waiting patiently for her arrival .. yes, she is not here yet and I am already planning dollhouse ;) She is one spoiled piggy.

Hi Anne and welcome. The Orchid is a wonderful little house. It was my first build. Looking forward to seeing any pics. After you make 5 posts, you can posts some pictures.

Thank you.. I need to go order it, right after they give me a reasonable shipping quote!

After five posts you can make an album of your pictures and open them in the Gallery, Anne; you can go ahead and post pictures in your posts anyway! Since you already have more than five posts, we're all looking forward to seeing your pictures as you build.

Thank you, I am all excited because Charlotte is 14cm and the 1:12 dolls are 13.65cm, so it is going to work out very well!

I would love to see your dollhouses,, any link??
Links to MY houses? You can click on my gallery button (bottom of the lefthand box next to this post) or any of the Team building blogs for havanaholly.

:) Welcome to the group Anne!!

Look under "The Official Greenleaf Blog" on main Community page - there are some AWESOME new instructions for the Orchid there. :kicking:

Enjoy your build and can't wait to see pic's of your progress!

Chris

Hi There Anne! Welcome to the neighborhood! I Love the Ball jointed dolls too and though I am not too huge (yet) on Blythe but I love the Taeyang+Namu dolls which have the over sized heads too like Blythe. I LOVE those Big eyes They all have! There are hypnotic :p

• 2 weeks later...