Do it yourself projects

Lyn

I always just print them out on cardstock. I don't want the shiny shiny look of photo paper. But I guess you could spray them with a fixative. They are usually in the scrapbooking section and water proof things so they don't smear.

Jessie, I use an acrylic aerosol sealer I picked up at an art supply store (Utrecht's), but I have also used a heavy lacquer hairspray. Printer ink can run, or it can fade, and spraying helps it "set". I haven't used photo paper, I'm not sure what my sealers, that go on wet, would do to printer ink on slick photo paper!

Not sure this is the place for it, but I wanted to share. I was going through my cabinet of goodies looking for something to make a metal (not brass) door handle and door plate. In my 'metal' bits drawer, I found some of these tiny photo anchors in a pewter color that should work great! Here are some, to show you what I'm talking about. These are painted of course, but Michaels, HL, anyplace that sells scrapbooking should have them. Not sure yet if I will use the brad for a knob or go after some pewter beads to use instead. Anyway, just wanted to pass this idea on!

gallery_3692_2886_14886.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh boy...I'm like a kid in a candy store with all of these wonderful links!!!

I'm just a newbie...so had not found all of these wonderful sites. Thanks to all for sharing!

Jennifer

• 1 month later...

ok, go to the website Holly ssuggested. Then, on the upper left hand side, click on 1 inch (1/12). This will bring up the complete list in that size range. Scroll down to the heading 'Furniture & Appliances'. In there, about 2/3 of the way down, you will find 'Japanese Lanterns'. Click on the link and you will find the printies.

Remember to read the instructions on how to save and print.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This a free download site from an Italian graphic arts company. There is the most adorable little house, I think it's called Thurk's House. Not sure of the scale, but it begs to be adopted.

http://papermodels.odissey.it/Inglese/index.asp

Thanks Freya! Neat site! I haven't figured out how to download them yet, but I did see under "Pretty Houses" they have some 1/12 scale furniture and flooring.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Freya! Neat site! I haven't figured out how to download them yet, but I did see under "Pretty Houses" they have some 1/12 scale furniture and flooring.

Traci,

Have you figured out how to download on this site yet? I can't find it either!