Do it yourself projects

Lyn

Traci,

Have you figured out how to download on this site yet? I can't find it either!

Actually, I had forgotten all about it by now. :) I just went and tried it with Internet Explorer instead of Firefox, but still can't find anything about downloading.

I have no idea, I made that one out of my own little mind.

Your "little mind" is full of big ideas! I thought I had seen a tutorial somewhere - but I guess it was your pictures all along. :) This is a brilliant idea.

Actually I saw a stove similar to the one I made, but it was in a general store roombox in a store somewhere in the Shenandoah Valley in VA the year I was building the Orchid general store (also where I got the inspiration to make the diamond-shaped shingles)

I used a plastic jar lid big enough to hold the large end of the egg and glued bead "feet" to the underside. I used the plastic insert from a soy sauce bottle to glue to the top, little end of the egg and I curved a jewelry finding for the door. Then I glued the Sonic straw to the top, sprayed the whole thing gloss black and glued the finding on after it was dry.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Something I do is take the left over wood from my dollhouse kits and make furniture (the parts I am talking about are the fancy parts that are the reverse of the trim etc) I make beds, tables, sofas, shelves almost anything that works with the piece I think is neat looking. I make alot clay foods as well, unfort I haven't made videos yet but here is my site to my album. In one of the bed pictures you can see the #15 think that was to Pierce House I don't like sanding them off because its my reminder the wood is recycled. The bedding is all made by same person, my boyfriends mom!http://s331.photobucket.com/albums/l444/we.../MellyMiniMade/

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, since I'm just getting started and trying to learn I have lots of questions. What I'm wondering is what do you print the "printies" on and how do you use them? I have a HP printer and sometimes I will run cardstock, photopaper or regular paper through it and the ink will always spot or run if it get wet. I'm just curious.

Thanks,

Shannon

When I do printies I spray them with a matt sealer or gloss if that's what I'm going for. They have cans of the spray sealer in the hardware department of Walmart that says it works for paper crafts. I don't remember off the top of my head the brand I use but it makes it so the ink doesn't run if you get a drop of water on it.

I have a can of matte art sealer that I use that was originally for sealing chalk pastel drawings. I have also discovered that el cheapo hairspray will also do the trick. Do several light coats of the sealer, rather than one heavy spray.

If I'm printing paintings, I use clear nail polish, let it dry tacky and swirl the brush around or pounce it to get a faky "oil painting" texture.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a can of matte art sealer that I use that was originally for sealing chalk pastel drawings. I have also discovered that el cheapo hairspray will also do the trick. Do several light coats of the sealer, rather than one heavy spray.

If I'm printing paintings, I use clear nail polish, let it dry tacky and swirl the brush around or pounce it to get a faky "oil painting" texture.

I'm a little late to the party but do want to warn that some el cheapo hairsprays are water based and will cause the print colors to run. Don't ask me how I know this but look at what I printed and how it turned out after spraying. Because I rather liked the colors, I used them anyway!

post-818-0-20795400-1315857736_thumb.jpg post-818-0-94738600-1315857771_thumb.jpg

Elisabeth, thank you! I had fun looking through several of the links you posted - will have to look through the remaining ones another time. It's so easy to lose track of time when reading new ideas, and enjoying all the beautiful minis! :)