Do it yourself projects

Lyn

Can someone please translate this for me.. I am wanting to try and make one and don't quit

understand..

http://www.poppenhuisdroom.nl/homepage/sho...paginaid=223516

You want to make the harmonica? I'll translate it for you, I'l just need a little time!

PS: Are you OK with metric?

Edited by Josje

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for a way to make mini-paint tubes for an artist's box, and ended up finding out how to make metal dog bowls. Go figure.

http://www.dukkehussiden.dk/dukkehus_tallerkner.htm

I haven't translated this, but the pictures are mostly self-explanatory. 'cept I can't figure out what the hacksaw is for. I'm a bit fuzzy on the transition from aluminum roasting pan bottom to the embossed finished product, but I'm working on it.

I was looking for a way to make mini-paint tubes for an artist's box, and ended up finding out how to make metal dog bowls. Go figure.

http://www.dukkehussiden.dk/dukkehus_tallerkner.htm

I haven't translated this, but the pictures are mostly self-explanatory. 'cept I can't figure out what the hacksaw is for. I'm a bit fuzzy on the transition from aluminum roasting pan bottom to the embossed finished product, but I'm working on it.

Hmm, now I can translate that for you as it is in Danish and that is very close to Swedish :lol: Will look into it when I get home this afternoon

Hugs

Hmm, now I can translate that for you as it is in Danish and that is very close to Swedish :cheer: Will look into it when I get home this afternoon

Hugs

Oh, that would be lovely. :) I tried Babel Fish but there was no listing for Danish to English. The only part I'm really confoozled about is the foil that's used. That and the hacksaw. :lol:

Well here goes a veeeery rough/QD translation:

Can be painted , the decor are "stickers".

Use aluminum pans, plates and the likes. THey recommend you ask your local sandwich shop for their "extras". These pans's foil is pliable enough to be worked on with wooden dowel and things like that.'

Use plates and things you have around like bolts and wing nuts (?) etc for the shapes you want to create, buttons or other stencils might work as well.

The making is simple enough, put your "shaper" on an appropriate surface, put the foil on top use your dowel to push it all the way out to the edges with it. Be sure to carefully press the edges over and down the outside as well showing the bolt. THe foil is then turned and re-shaped releasing the shaper object. Cut away the superfluous material, gently sand the edges smooth.

For making bowls, use marbles to press down with giving it the rounded shape.

The hacksaw is to make your own sized holes, ie if you have a piece of scrapwood you want to use you can cut away the hole and then shape the side and have your own mold to work with.

THe embossed f oil seems to be a lucky find really, perhaps from a shop or something??? But I do know that one can emboss the aluminum pan with a sharp tool as well, perhaps that would be worth a try?

Hope it helps to "decomfoozle" a little.

Hugs

Just in case you don't have nuts and or bolts to use as frames LOL, you can make your own sized frames, make a starter hole and then saw away the inner portion where your plate will dip so to speak, shape the outer rim and you have a perfect mold for your work!

Hugs

You can shape paper plates with a dowel and use a mouse pad to press into, I wonder if the foil would be too heavy to work for that. I thought it was a terribly clever idea.

BTW, did you ever make your paint tubes?

You can shape paper plates with a dowel and use a mouse pad to press into, I sonder if the poile would be too heavy to work for that. I thought it was a terribly clever idea.

BTW, did you ever make your paint tubes?

Not yet. I eventually found one small pic and two lines of directions. Fold foil over a bit of toothpick, crimp the end and add a blob of clay for the cap. It's a start.

Not yet. I eventually found one small pic and two lines of directions. Fold foil over a bit of toothpick, crimp the end and add a blob of clay for the cap. It's a start.

What about using white seed beads for caps and add a touch of paint to cover the "hole" and use as colour indicator.

And glad that it might help with the plates!

Hugs

If you have old mini mags you can find articles on these ....I searched the project database on the name site and found that

Dollhouse miniatures Issue 4/02

Nutshell News Issue 6/89

and Miniature Collector Issue 7/01

has paint tube projects.

From the book Dolls' house details by Kath Dalmeny:

Paints: model tiny paint tubes from polymer clay about 5/8" long. Once hardened paint them silver. Cut strips of paper for labels. Draw colored lines on the tops and bottoms, and add tiny black lines for text. glue the labels around the paint tubes.

here is a picture sorry about the quality but I scanned it from the book and it lost some clarity in the cropping and resizing

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/uploads/gallery_2577_1630_7092.jpg

Edited by Rhonda

• 3 weeks later...

Making stairs, various sizes and styles, paperclay and cardboard.....the ones in the tutorial are curved. The tutorial is involved but well done. I have an idea for a project with a circular staircase but balked at the price of ready-made ones. This might work.

http://www.minimotion.com/HOWTO/Stairs/stairway%20howto.html

Not that I was looking for staircases when I found it. :)