I'm The Newbie!

greyhoundgal

Hi, I just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone. My name is Audrey and I live in Scotland. I am 35, married with a 10 year old daughter and a 20 year old step daughter. And I am soon to become a step-gran, so excited about that one! I love animals and I have a cat, a dog (very mental Dalmatian!), 3 fish and 2 guinea pigs. I have lots of interests - way too many to mention, or rather way to many to bore you with :)

Hello and Welcome!

You could never bore us with your many pursuits. We love that kind of stuff! You might find some people that share your interests and hobbies..besides miniatures.

Do you have a dollhouse (dh) already?

Hey Audrey,

Welcome Welcome Welcome. I noticed your user word is greyhoundgal. Are you a greyhound lover. Ever own one. I am a greyhound fanatic. I have two and two former as well. I am a member of a couple of greyhound forums. Your name sounds familiar. Are you on one.

Any way, I did not mean to get you off the track of dollhouses. There are alot of wonderful people here and lots of great advice. Any idea of which house you are going to start in the new year?

Hey Audrey,

Welcome Welcome Welcome. I noticed your user word is greyhoundgal. Are you a greyhound lover. Ever own one. I am a greyhound fanatic. I have two and two former as well. I am a member of a couple of greyhound forums. Your name sounds familiar. Are you on one.

Any way, I did not mean to get you off the track of dollhouses. There are alot of wonderful people here and lots of great advice. Any idea of which house you are going to start in the new year?

I love greyhounds, I was owned by one until just under a year ago, he was an old man called Jerry and unfortunately the arthritis caused by racing took its toll on him. He was abandoned after his racing career ended and we took him in, I dont think he could have won many races as our cat used to walk past him and he would barely even blink, but I loved him to bits. I still support the rescue group that we got him from and take part in charity events that they hold. Hopefully I will get another hound in the future, but at the moment I am just loving them from afar. But no its not me that you know, Strangely enough I've never been on a greyhound forum .

And back to the dolls house - I'm in the process of looking for one ant the moment, but most of them look too advanced for me, because I've never done anything like this before. So all advice welcome :)

Hello and :) Audrey!

Hehehe, I haven't met a dalmation yet that wasn't mental. :p

Go ahead and share your other interests with us! You never know who else on here shares it too. :p

OK here are some of my interests :-

80s music - 60's films - animals - comedy films - crafts - depeche mode - desparate housewives - doris day - my family - harry potter - il divo - internet - penpalling (very occasionally now!) - reading - romantic films - sitcoms - greyhounds.......................the list goes on!

Have I sent you to sleep yet?

It is nice that you still participate in your greyhound organization and events. I love 80's music too. I collect classic movies from the late 30's to the early 50's. I have got some beauties. I am going to buy the Bostonian dollhouse in Feb. I am very excited about it. It is large, it is my first, but I am a brave soul. I welcome the challenge. Don't be afraid to step into deep waters either. You would be surprised at all the great advice and step by step help here. Alot of pictures are also provided here as well. Lots of pics in the member's gallery. Go have a look.

I love 80's music too. I collect classic movies from the late 30's to the early 50's
Ditto me on that one!! My girls know more 80s music than most kids her age and I love music from the 40s & 50s so much my grandmother used to say I was reincarnated :) (Not that she believed it) but I just "feel" that music so much :p I drive hubby crazy.

Hi & welcome from another newbie.

I saw some great Harry Potter miniatures online but I'm not sure where I found them. One was the Leaky Cauldron/Diagon Alley. So very cool. If I find the websites again, I'll send you the links. I've been all over the web lately so my "history" folder is pretty big with miniatures stuff.

We are big HP fans, although I'm the only one in the house to finish Deathly Hallows so I can't talk to anyone about it. They are still working on books 5 & 6.

Welcome to the community, Audrey. It looks as if you've made yourself at home already. That's great! :p

Isn't it interesting how our varied interests end up reflected in our miniatures. Life, miniaturized! :w00t: