Hello!

NotKateHepburn

I am a doll sculptor who has always had a fascination with dolls, obviously, their wardrobes and all the things you can buy or make them.

A dollhouse is just an new extension of that.

I live right outside New Orleans on the Northside of Lake Pontchartrain. I have 7 children, 6 at home, 1 in the Army. And of course a darling spouse who doesn't understand my obsessions but deals with them. :-)

I'll be making this one with my eldest daughter, who is 16. She's def my crafting buddy so this should be very fun!

Thanks for having me and I love learning all you have to teach me so be prepared for questions.

Dena

!WELCOME!

how lucky for you to have a daughter to share your fun....

mine joins in but its usually under protest... she is 16 as well!

you did not mention if you had bought a kit already or which you have in mind??

you will definatly find more than enough infor and help here to make a lovely home for your doll collection!

glad you found us!

nutti :)

you did not mention if you had bought a kit already or which you have in mind??

you will definatly find more than enough infor and help here to make a lovely home for your doll collection!

Oops, your right! That's what I get for trying to post when people are awake around here lol

We bought the Fairfield.

I plan on trying to sculpt little things like food, china and such. Not sure how big to make things yet though. I'm looking at conversion charts and whatnot so that's my first job while I wait for it to get here.

Hello & Welcome to the neighborhood Dena!! That Fairfield is one Gorgeous house!! I love the fact that it is 1/2" scale too because then you have more space to build more houses :thumb: My 10 year old daughter is my "crafting" buddy :) I LOVE dolls too!

Hello and :) Dena!

Love my dolls too, but haven't tried sculpting any yet. How wonderful to have your daughter share the fun with you!

I plan on trying to sculpt little things like food, china and such. Not sure how big to make things yet though. I'm looking at conversion charts and whatnot so that's my first job while I wait for it to get here.

There's a sale at Michael's if you have one near you on Sculpey & Fimo for 99¢ this week. I just stocked up tonight so I can try making some food. At that price, it's well worth it even if you have other things planned first. :thumb:

My dollies wouldn't fit in a doll house. Most are at least 2 feet tall, sometimes a little less. I've never tried a mini. Might give it a whirl one day. I have a whole room of all kinds of clay and epoxy lol I did ask to go to Michaels this evening and dh asked me if I was going to buy clay and offered me a milkshake instead lol

I've fallen in love with Tracy's work and my mind is reeling with the thoughts of what I can add on with clay! I've even doodled out some things. Just lovely stuff I've seen and read has me so eager to begin!

Welcome to our "little" family, Kate, you & your daughter will fit right in. When I got back into minis I brought many years of cloth-doll making (my first dh doll family for a granddaughter were little rag-people, but since then I make them from polyclay) & numerous needlework techniques, and have learned a little bit about woodworking along the way. I have the Fairfield kit (two, if fact, I want to try bashing together into a Bar Harbor-type summer "cottage"), but have just begun my first attempt at 1:24 and will be interested to see if I can make acceptable dolls that small.

Hi and :), Dena!! I am sure you and your daughter will love the Fairfield. I think we all have fallen in love with Tracy's work. It is amazing and awe-inspiring as are many people's here. Enjoy!!

:thumb:

Hi Dena, welcome to the forum! :) The Fairfield is a lovely house. :p I love dolls too - always have. I have an 18 year old daughter who never cared for dolls, dollhouses, or miniatures - I sometimes wonder if she was switched at birth! (Just kidding. She takes after me in many other ways.) You're lucky to have a craft buddy in the family. :p