April 2007 Swap

LPCullen

Since we're now in the downhill slide on the February swap, I figured I would go ahead and announce the theme for April 2007's swap. It is:

MAKE WHAT YOU WANT!!!

Huh? What does that mean? Well, exactly that! You can make whatever your specialty is, or make something you've always wanted to make, or .... the possibilities are endless! The only thing to remember is that it has to meet the "$5 Rule" and you have to make the same items, but of course there can be variances in color, etc. Basically, if you're making a table, you would make everyone a table, but the styles may be a bit different, or the legs may be a bit different, etc.

Deadlines, etc., are here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...?showtopic=5825

[Copied from Official Swap Rules/Guidelines]

3. Your swap item should have a “value” of $5.00. You can do more, but you do not have to. “Value” means, and can be gauged by, if you were going to purchase this item, would you personally be willing to pay $5.00 for that item?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to pass on this one although it sounds like a lot of fun! We're having a sunroom addition being built in March and my house will already be in a shambled state . . . don't think I could take on one more thing!

Woohhoooo! I do lots better with letting my muse run wild than trying to think up something for a theme, so a "make what you want" sounds good to me. Count me in.

Deb

Okay, I skipped out on the camping one, so I'll go ahead and get back in the swing for this swap - sign me up!

I've got an idea forming in my head, this could be somewhat personalized, so if you have a passion, a favorite holiday, favorite time of year, a favorite animal (or all of the above), please PM me and let me know if you're in the swap! It would allow me to mix it up a bit!

Jen

As much as i hate to say it I am going to sit this one out. There has been just too much going on and are still doing homerepairs and camping out and cooking on a hot plate at this time. The new baby also adds to things which are filling my life at the monent.

Melissa

I have an idea left over from the Outdoor/Camping swap that I'd like to try, but I'm not sure I'll have time to make multiples. Still thinking . . . <ouch>

Thinking hurt too much, so I made up my mind. I'm in. The other stuff I'm working on can be put to one side for a couple of days. :)

i hope its not to late to get in on this! i just saw the post about it yesterday and it sounded like fun! this will be my first swap, and i'm excited 'cos i got a great idea last nite!

Here are the dates:

DEADLINE FOR SIGN UP DATE: March 25, 2007

DEADLINE FOR WITHDRAWAL: April 5, 2007

SHIP OUT DATE: April 25, 2007

HUB SHIP OUT DATE: May 5, 2007

Since we're now in the downhill slide on the February swap, I figured I would go ahead and announce the theme for April 2007's swap. It is:

MAKE WHAT YOU WANT!!!

I'd like in. I was hesitant because of my move but since I have until April 5th to withdraw by then I'll know for sure if I can finish or not.

Kat