ebay win

Just One More

Just won a Tiffany on ebay. It's partially assembled with all the remaining parts and a lot of furniture. The house is pretty small but looks like someone did a good job on assembly. The best part is the furniture. Very nice quqaity. The furniture alone was worth the price. Hope it's as good as it looks. :wub:

• 1 month later...

I have a Tiffany as well... My oldest son faound the kit at a yard sale for $3.00 and he got it for me.! That is how his haunted house came to be.... he traced the pieces and made the haunted house. .... The Tiffany I made into a little CHristmas house... but after bringing it out the other day it is too small for a Santa House so I have decided to make it a Christmas shop.

Kellee

Oh, very nice! I won one from Ebay not too long ago and just got it in the mail last week. It looks tiny, but so cute! It's killing me that I have to wait until all the Christmas projects are done before I can start putting it (and my Glencroft) together. I'm totally envious that you got furniture, too! :yikes: What a great find!!

Have fun with the rest of the build. I can't wait to see picts!

I haven't done anything with the house yet. It was pretty much assembled when I got it so have to seal it and paint around all the window trim etc. It's small but will make a nice shop or Christmas house. The furniture it came with is from Japan and probably from the '70s. I sanded it a little and painted it a walnut wood color because it had a lot of old varnish and had too much shine to it. The house has a scored roof to look like shingles. I'm going to use a ladder instead of the stairs that come with it. They don't look to scale and take up too much room.I think I'll do smaller houses for awhile. I'll have to try the new Story Book Cottage. :welcome:

• 6 months later...

I actually just won this house on e-bay as well, and am very excited to get started. It's actually my first, so I guess the small scale will be good for a first timer.

Is it really very small? Like, could it still be a house, or would it need to a shop of some kind?

Maya, most dollhouses are only one room deep, so your imagination is the only limit to what your kit can be. You can also bash other rooms or even another kit onto your Tiffani later on and make it bigger, should you choose to do so.

Thanks guys, and I am very anxiously awaiting it! I'll for sure post some pics once I get it and start work on it. I even have a plan as to what it's going to be, and will start some designs and mini-things this weekend at the cottage.

yay!

Is it Canadian "Cottage Season" already? I guess with all the reports of record cold temps in the Northern US I was assuming y'all shared them, too, and it was too cold for the cottages! Have fun!

Oh, no, I'm not gone for the whole summer! We went for the weekend to open it all up and clean out anything from the winter. I'm back now! :unsure:

I still didn't do anything mini this weekend, but I did some planning and skecthing of ideas for bits and bobs that will go into the Tiffani when it arrives. PLUS, I won a huge assortment of beautiful furniture on e-bay, so I'm completely thrilled and excited for that to arrive. I probably paid way too much, but I figure there is enough there to use for several different rooms and probably more than one house, so it works in my mind somehow. I'll eventually start posting some pics once everything gets here.

*hopefully soon!*