WLS

nuttiwebgal

Hi Nutti! I'm glad the dressing room lady showed her feelings. Now that's the kind of reaction you should be getting from everyone who knows you (that's what they're thinking, whether they say it or not).

What a beautiful photo of you and Dean. You look sooo young! I can't get over what an amazing transformation you're working here - just keep going, Nutti, just keep going. :congrats:

Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic, Lynette! I'm not going to recognize you the next time we meet! And I hope it's soon.

If you're going to have any free time when you come up to KCMO, give me a shout!

Nutti! You look more and more beautiful if that is possible! Don't sweat the hair loss too much right now, that is a normal thing. I had a co-worker who had the same operation you had and she lost a lot of hair too. But don't stop you look fabulous! If I looked as good as you I would forgo onion rings forever!

Wolfie

As always when I read this thread Nutti I am so happy seeing your progress that I can't really put it in words. The picture of you and Dean is a wonderful pic and from what you have described you are a true whirlwind of activities, you go girl! I am so proud and happy of what you have accomplished so far and you are looking so happy which is the most important of all things!

HUGS!!!!

lots of things happening for me this last week.

I went to the unemployment office to get signed up and check out whats out there

and than I went to my last job....when I quit there in 2003 I weighed over 500 and no one has seen me since than. I walked in there and my old supervisor was there along with 2 others I remembered....I worked there for 3 yrs.

the exsupervisor comeup and ask can I help you?

Im like yes I wanted to turn in this application and say Hi Weltha(her name)....blank look.....

You dont remember me? :) Im Lynette.......furrowed eyebrows....looks me up and down..."the Lynette who worked here?...Lynette?".....!yes! :) says I......Oh no you arent! you cant be!

the other girls came up and we all had a nice visit and my application went right to the top of her pile....it would be soooooo awesome to work there again.

and than my 2nd wow came again at Wal-marts I was looking at the 50% off Candy for my neice and nephews...I called out to Catie to come tell me what she thought and I hear my name....LYNETTE!.... hmmmmmm/??? I look and its an old neighbor of mine...our daughters were best friends when they were small. she was standing there with her jaw droping on the floor.

OMGAWD what happened to you??? you look incredible...her words not mine.

so than we had to have the surgery talk.... so I guess I dont look sick...although I am shaped like a pear...LOL or bell so funny! wasnt before....

and something very strange....I do not look like the me I remember....Dean keeps telling me its because Im older now(OLD) I know this but the face just looks different. one of my friends who has known me since before I passed into the 300's has also noted I dont look the same. so this is a bit disconserting to not know myself in the mirror.

but Ill happily take the new me that is emerging....because I am healthier than I have been in many yrs and Im looking forward to all of lifes changes and challenges in a way that I havent been in a very long time!

cant wait for 2008!

nutti :)

When you were carrying all that weight on the outside you were still changing and growing with all your life experiences. The person who is now emerging is what you have become. It's a lot like what I imagine goes through the butterfly's mind as it emerges from its chrysalis having lived all its prior life as a caterpillar. Soon you'll be able to spread those wings and FLY, my dear!

Nutti, I never knew the old you - but the you I knew, and the new you (say that three times fast!) are beautiful and vibrant. I don't look like the "old" me either - what can we do? Times (and our bodies) change!

I just love reading your updates - talk about "feel-good" stories. :) Thanks!

GOOD LUCK with the job!

today I went to my PCP for the labwork for my 6 months WLS followup

and I got weighed...now I knew realisticly even with WLS I wouldnt make it under 300 by the new yr but I came real close....todays weighin was 319.

141pounds lost since April.gone forever...even with all the "over" eating on the holidays I still lost a significant amount. of course I can in no way over eat like I used to but for me and how I have been eating since WLS...I definatly ate way more than I have in a long time...so glad all that food is gone from my fridge and I can get back to eating what is normal to me.

of course for all the cooking I did do I used splenda and lowfat items.

yumm yumm

now Im ready to start my New year off with some kind of excersize program...I had the Dr sign me up for a few physical therapy sessions....Im having issues with my lft arm...I dont know if I injured it somehow or what...its very painful and I have almost no strength in it. he is thinking a bone spur

so Ill have an x-ray done to see. I also thought the PT could give me some tips on strengthining all of my body muscles...I dont want to jump into this whole working out thing till I know what the heck I am doing. Ive come to far to injure myself before I start.

not much else is going on....

since I am unable to post photos directly in this thread you can now view my progress in the WLS album I started.

made DH take a photo when I got home....

I crossed over into the 300 while preg with Jason my middle son....and I havent actually been under 300 basicly since than. he is 21

I gained over 100 pounds during his pregnancy. there was something wrong somewhere

but since I didnt have diabetes and I was on medicade the doctors didnt do anything but lecture me on my weight gain EVERY time I went in.

I dont know where I will end up with my weightloss but I am very excited that it has worked such a miricle in my life!

nutti :)

Thanks for another good-news update, Nutti! Congratulations on achieving your 141 pounds loss.

Sorry to hear about your arm - I hope that can be fixed up quickly and easily.

I'm off to check out your latest pics. (Do you know why you couldn't post in the thread?)

Just looked in your album - my gosh - you are lovely! What a great record you will have of the whole transformation. I'm so proud to have "tagged along" with you on this journey!

Good for you! I am so proud of you! I will be joining a hym once momz gets up here as I will have someone with me everyday. I need to build my stamina up for running around during my clinicals. I have an old work injury with my shoulder so I need to strengthen that arm up :)

Anyway what a wonderful life you are coming into and it will be a longer and more fruitful one now that you can participate in it more.

Thanks for the inspiration! Big hugs to you my friend :D

Arda

I am simply amazed and proud of you. You are going to be a lifer Lynette. So many people I know have had this surgery and then sabatoged themselves back into being overweight again. They would overeat and stretch their stomach. They didnt change their life only the symptoms temporarily.

I know the longer you go with this..it is more about YOU and less about the surgery. Your stomach does expand (but not a huge amount). So you need to give yourself a huge pat on the back!

So that goes to show you...you had it in you all along! You just needed that extra Umph to get there.

All that pain from surgery and years of despair are over girl! It all meant something. You have that past to look at and say *That is where I was and at times it was awful..but look at where I am now. I will never take my life for granted again*

What size are you fitting into now?

What size are you fitting into now?

well....been wearing 4x pants from Wal-marts....had 2 pair and they fit good...bought a different pair 2 weeks ago they didnt fit...now they do...all of my new TD are 5x...they are fitting looser they way I like them now....but I did buy a 4x last night that really looks nice on me...its more about the style and maker to see which will fit and which wont.

I dont know how small my shirts will go as the batwings take lots of room and smaller shirts wont accomodate them...LOL

I quit wearing all of my rings but for my wedding ring and 20th anniversery diamond....but they have a BIG ring sizer thingie on them....was working good but now the diamond is doing the flippy thing again.

I have asked for my Saphire ring to be resized for Valentines day. it was my 10 yr anniversery ring and I LOVE it. so I thought I would wear it till I know exactly what size my fingers will end up...and than resize the diamond and wedding band.

I would like to take time and thank all of you how are following my progress and who have offered me such wonderful encouragement....

I was sooo afraid that I would be the one person who failed at WLS....I have failed every diet known to human kind. I know physically I cannot eat as much but over time that will change so this time of healing is also the time to relearn some of those bad habits. so when I am further out I wont regain what I have lost. and really it is sooo nice to know I will never weigh 500 pounds again.

looking forward to starting an excersize routine.

ty you all!

nutti :(

You are looking just excellent! I know from losiing 50 pounds myself last year how good it makes you feel. It can be a pain not returning to eating all those things you love, I know. I struggled through Christmas. Not to mention my husband is a chef and brings home the most mouth-watering food you could ever imagine. He's been great, though, and does his best to accomodate my new eating habits.

I've found that eating a low-fat, healthy diet can be rewarding, though. You feel like you are in control. I don't get that guilty feeling after eating...not to mention that stuffed feeling. I'd rather be stuffed on a large Egg-Beater omlett stuffed with peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and topped with salsa. Plus a slice or two of fat-free cheese! Quite tasty!

I know you are going to do it and get down to your goal weight. Will you be having any surgery to remove excess skin? I have seen that on tv on the health channel and am always astounded at the fantastic results people get!

Keep up the good work...!!

My DS had this surgery years ago, has managed to keep most of it off and she also had the surgery to remove the excess skin and donated it to burn unit.

Will you be having any surgery to remove excess skin?

realisticly I know that I will have to...but at this point all I can say is I too have seen it on TV and id rather not...Im waiting for the morning after Ive lost it all for the skin to magically be where it is suppose to be...LOL hey I can dream cant I??

since its a long way off before I need to think of that...I dont! :(

one major thing at a time.

nutti :(

My DS had this surgery years ago, has managed to keep most of it off and she also had the surgery to remove the excess skin and donated it to burn unit.

That is a brilliant way to recycle the skin that would otherwise go to waste (haz-waste, at that!). Good for her!