WLS

nuttiwebgal

I have thought about this for awhile now so today I decided to open a topic for those of you interrested in my progress.

I had R-NY gastric Bypass on June 27th 2007

a little over a month ago. I decided to try again to do this in April when I heard about a doctor in Little Rock Arkansas who really cared for his patients.

I started this particular leg of my journey weighing in at 460 pounds. I have weighed more although I wont ever know for sure as I wasnt weighed when I was at my largest.

Im thinking somewhere around 530 or so.

Friday July 27 I weighed in at 395 with a 12 inch loss to my hips!

This is me today.

post-9-1186790599_thumb.jpg

I am wearing a new outfit my aunt bought me from "Catherines"

post-9-1186790748_thumb.jpg

this is a full body shot for future comparison.

I am not offended by any questions so if you have one please feel free to ask.

please also note that the sandles are normal shoes and I havent shopped in Catherines for 3 yrs. most of my things have came from the internet!

on my way down now!

nutti

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its me again....today I weighed and lost 10lbs!!! :p

:yes: :banana::banana:

so close to my first WLS goal. to weigh under 300lbs....dont I hate to write that number and feel excited that its so close!

I had hoped to lose another 100 by my 1 yr surgerversery but that may be un realistic....I will not be dissapointed no matter how close I get.....I just worry if I dont get it all off will I stop to soon.

I really want to weigh under 200....199 wont bother me at all!

I know that the first yr the surgery does the weightloss and than the 2nd yr its you and the surgery and the 3rd yr its you to do it. so Im hoping to be at a maintainable weight at my 2 yr out from WLS.

I have also decided to look into plastic surgery....I hadnt thought I would have to this early and I may find no one to do it yet but Im going to start checking into it.

Its my arms...the Bat wings are not pretty and as I loose more weight I will need to buy smaller sizes...smaller sizes means smaller armholes....I am already having a slight issue now with it.

enough to know that Im going to have to do something sooner than I ever thought about.

and I have heard that it is the inner thighs and the arms that are the hardest to heal and recouporate from...OH goodie Im 2 for 2 there! so I do not look forward to it....

well thats enough rambling for tonight...time is short for this working girl!!

OH and today I learned that High School never ends!

now I remember why I like to work loner jobs! EEEEEEECCCCHHHHH

The Job is GREAT and the 2 persons who hired me like me so Im good!

I never acted like some of these women do in high school! its crazy.LOL

I miss you guys!

nutti :wave:

Yup, I know all too well that some people never leave high school behind them! That's their problem - don't let it be yours. :yes:

Not to worry though, we have our own school (of dollhouses & miniatures) right here - I hope we never have to leave this place behind us!

CONGRATULATIONS on the latest weight loss - you are doing SO WELL! You have the right attitude, too. If reaching your personal goal takes a little longer than you had hoped, don't worry. Focus on all that you've achieved so far - it's incredible! WOO HOO!!! :banana:

the inner thighs and the arms that are the hardest to heal and recouporate from...
Not so bad if you get it done when the Ace wraps won't be so uncomfortable to wear to keep the post-op swelling down. Your progress is remarkable.

We have so many members now that it's taking me incredible amounts of time to catch up on all the posts when we've been away, and I just read over some recent posts here. I have liked knowing you since I met you on the DHM "old" forum, and I can't wait to meet you in person one day.

Thursday I got my first paycheck.

I opted for hand delivery instead of direct deposit.

but I was at a loss at the bank on how to cash it...LOL

I mean I know I had to sign it but it was weird....its been a long time. my last job over 4 yrs ago it was direct deposit only and I worked there 3 yrs. so it was uber nice to have all that CASH in my hands! MY OWN MONEY!

wooohooo :D that was a real nice feeling. I did put some of it our joint checking account and took all of us...Me,DH,Catriona,Jason,Amanda and Miss Pixie out to dinner to celibrate big daddy's birthday. we went to the Japanese steak and sushi bar and grill...UMMUMMM

the guy who did the cooking played to miss Pixie and sure put on a great show for us!

we had a great time.

I also have spent much money getting ready to throw Amanda a baby shower next sunday as she will be having her C-section on the 19th.

I spent Thursday night shopping for an MP3player for work...wow that is some amazing technology

the one I chose holds 250 songs and the battery stays good for 10 hours per charge and you charge it with your computer...how cool is that??

when I went shopping on Thursday I took the Pixinator with me and WORE myself out!

I have payed for it with my legs and back hurting....yesterday I spent in bed...not my chair but the big bed...stretching all my aching muscles. after 2pm DH and I went shopping not just for his Birthday but for those items we have been putting off and I hit the clearence racks....I am freezing all the time and my little sweater just dosent cut it in the am when the thermometor says 30 and under...BBBRRRRRR

but I dont want to buy a big coat when I probably wont wear it next yr.

so I got a couple of hoodies4x and a 3x trenchcoat like Jacket3x and another pair of pants in 3x

the jacket fits nicely...a little snug around my tummy but thats ok and I havent tried on the pants...on clearence I thought Id better get them for later....being on sale and all.

thought real hard on a new swim suit but I passed...I have a job now and will be able to afford one when the time is right...and who knows what size I will need when summer comes.

for the first time in years I have a wardrobe...not just a few items but a whole dresser full of stuff I can wear. its great to have choices and not HAVE to wash a load of clothes during the week to make it through.

I have to pinch myself when I think about how much my life has changed....for the better since this time last yr. its almost unbelievable to think about all that has happened and I wonder where it will all go. I look forward to going to football games with my daughter...next fall is her Senior yr.

it will be wonderful to be able to do all of the things that brings to moms of Seniors. I missed out alot when Jevin was a Senior.

my plans for my next payday is to start adding to our savings account and take the daughter shopping for a Prom dress. you would think someone would come up with a rental program for girls who will have no reason to wear these outrages priced dresses again.

I want to personally thank all who take the time to PM me with words of encouragement....you know who you are! :)

it really means alot that you care to share this journey with me to a new and healthier me!

Bless each of you!

nutti :o

Nutti: Try consignment shops for the prom dress, for the youngest DD for her prom I found a perfect one for her for only about $50. Not a thing was wrong with it and she looked better in it than in one she had borrowed originally from a friend that was big bucks.

Wow, first paycheck in years, has to be a great feeling.

• 2 weeks later...

SOOOO much going on that I almost forgot to post my weight as of Monday was........

296......296!!!! UNDER 300!!

:):):):banana::banana:

look out 199 here I come!!!

not only did I become a new Grandma but I have been dealing with DEHYDRATION!

we think....I was at Ashley's house on Monday night making Blankets to take to the baby in the am when WHOOOSH! it hit me like a ton of bricks...I got dizzy and almost passed out..sick to my tummy and weak. had to have Catriona come and get me and take me home.

and all day Tuesday I was on and off sick and feeling weird

and again this morning...I almost went to the ER but I couldnt miss work so I went in and kept drinking all day...I also think maybe Im not getting enough calories for my activity levels so I decided to add an afternoon snack to my day.

tomorrow I am seeing the doctor and have a couple of test done to see if my heart and BP are still doing ok....as I am feeling more like myself I am not as scared as I was this morning but Im still having times of lightheadedness and some nausea...if I move to quickly.

Im not sure how I got dehydrated but I am definatly keeping my fluids top priority every day.

I celebrated my goal of under 300 with a new shirt off the rack at Wal-marts....I wore it for the birth of my grandson. along with a new necklace...havent worn a necklace since before Catriona was born. I am now smaller than I have ever been in her or Jasons life. its very exciting but its also very sureal when I look at myself in the mirror...it looks nothing like me.

its a crazy ride!

nutti :wave:

:) and >hands on hips< now you have better take care of yourself, hydrating and not jumping to your feet, OK pretty please, need you around a LOT longer!!!!

OK, >hugging you< now I hope the docs told you everything is fine and that you just need to.... to feel better again, hydrating and adding a snack might just be the trick that is needed.

Sooo happy to hear that you are Grandma again and I hope everything went fine there as well!

Lots and lots of hugs!

What an exciting week, Nutti - you made your target weight & got a new grandson!

Brilliant. Just go easy now, you've taken on SO much just recently. You'll make the next target, but don't rush it - give your body time to adjust.

Here endth the morning lecture.

Jackie

Lynette, you are such an inspiration to me and my attempt to break my nicotine addiction. Reaching and maintaining a health goal is a struggle at times and we all struggle. You are making fantastic progress and we are all so proud of you. Keep up the great work and take care of any issues as they come up. Congrats again on the new grandson. He is just precious.

What a wonderful week for you, with hitting your goal, and getting a new grandson!

I hope the doctors appointment went well, and that it was just a touch of one of the bugs that are going around. I had two days when I felt like that, and most everyone I know around here has had something. Anyway, I hope that was the case with you.

I just went and looked at your album again, and I really admire you so much. It's going to be so exciting to hear about your trips for the prom dress and all of the other wonderful things you do with your daughter during her senior year!

Hi guys!

I just posted some new photos to the WLS album!

I had DH take one yesterday to commemorate going under 300

but we took another today when I put on my 2x shirt that one of my kids got for me in Eureka springs

again I have to say how sureal all of this is!this time last yr I felt like I would always be trapped in my cocoon of fat and now look at me.

tonight I was in Wal-marts when I ran into one of my friends from when my boys were very young.

and I was this size when we first met and hung out with our kids....our DH worked and we had babies...we walked for entertainment. we had no car and 3 kids between us.

everyday it didnt rain we walked to the park or Library or store or whatever and I gained weight.

tonight she stopped me and asked me how I had been? because she had noticed I had lost a LOT of weight in such a short time...what was I doing? I told her i had WLS and I felt better than I had in yrs! and she had tears in her eyes and gave me a big hug and told me how happy she was for me that finally I could be who I had always been before I got so big! we were both blubbering in the aisle! it really lifted my spirit.

right after I had my surgery I had buyers remorse...why did I do such a thing to myself? what had I been thinking?

but now I know why I did this and I was thinking I wanted to LIVE and play with my grandbabies!

not just the 2 I have but the ones to come later on down the road also!

I feel so blessed to be where I am at this point in my life.

at work I have to pass on ordering out like the others do and I dont get to eat the cakes and cookies they all bring in but really I dont miss it! eating is not enjoyment now...now I eat to Live...not live to eat! I did break down and eat some Mac and cheese but after 4 or 5 bites I was done. how liberating for me not to desire any of the things that used to send me to the store for a quick fix! and I DO NOT MISS IT!

perhaps it was to drastic...but I know sure as Im writing this without my WLS I would still be over 450 pounds with no JOB and no real hopes for the future! because without my surgery my future was the same as my present....but now its wide open with all kinds of choices...Like a trip to Europe and Las Vegas....not a real possibility before WLS!

Life is good!

now how do I get my work room cleaned out for my next build??? I am never home! :roflmao::doh:

nutti :roflmao:

Congratulations Nutti, I am so proud for you. You are looking so good.

I sympathize with the no time, having a full-time job can really cut into your mini time--I don't know how some on here get so much done. I'm tired when I get home and have a hard time convincing myself to do what has to be done to keep the real house from becoming a major disaster zone. LOL