WLS

nuttiwebgal

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you continue to lose weight as fast as at first you risk malnutrition, and trust me, there are complications too yucky to consider. Also if you are finally on solid food the loss will slow until your body catches up your metabolism. Smaller clothes? Trust me, you're still losing! As you become more acitve you're going to build up the muscles that haven't gotten as much use because of the wheelchair, and muscle weighs more than fat. Do drink enough water (not tea, sodas, etc) to keep well-hydrated (2-3 liters/day). You rock!

Lynette, I can see your transformation not only in your weight, but also in your zest for life! I'm bawling all over my keyboard I'm just so ecstatically happy for you!! Keep up the amazing work! You deserve it!! B)

I guess I should have started a blog....

but yesterday was a super great day....

my baby turned Sweet 16

and I got to have a wonderful day with family and friends because I have lost 87lbs since April and I CAN!

post-9-1189624018_thumb.jpg

Our Birthday Girl!

post-9-1189624444_thumb.jpg

Pixie and Madison at the park waiting for Catie to get there for our lil party

post-9-1189624529_thumb.jpg

Dean, Catriona and I at the park. we are in the Gazeebo...it is heart shaped.

post-9-1189624648_thumb.jpg

this is the cookie Ashley made for Catriona and I decorated.

the icing turned everyones teeth pink...and Dylon's hair went from his usual carrot top to bright pink...he LOVED the cookie

post-9-1189624873_thumb.jpg

after school we took her to Bella Peppers(Itailian) and ate

good thing I can now eat raw veggies now because the ONLY thing I could eat was the dinner salad.

but it was soooo yummy...been almost 3 months since I ate a salad.

it was a very low Key day....Sat is the big blow out

I will post photos of the van after they are done painting it.

we are having a bonfire with hotdogs, pinata and lots of LOUD music along with letting all the teens spray paint her van.

it should be a good time....I wonder if the in-laws who havent seen me in almost a yr will notice Ive lost weight?

I really appreciate all of your support!

nutti :blink:

I'm loving all the fun you're having - you go, girl!

All the changes in you are wonderful. Your in-laws won't believe their eyes .... you'll probably have to scrape them (and their jaws) off the floor!

Give a few really loud "Whoo-hoo's" from me on Saturday, please.

I wonder if the in-laws who havent seen me in almost a yr will notice Ive lost weight?
Unless they're all blnd they can't help it! Your birthday girl is most definitely YOURS & Dean's and drop-dead gorgeous. You must be SO proud!

Nutti--I've been missing in action lately and just now getting caught up and I must say, I am so proud of your progress, in your goal jeans already and walking around in stores and malls--you are doing amazing.

Miss Pixie is growing so fast and is such a doll. Send Nat birthday wishes and now that you are so mobile be careful and stay out of the way of the spray paint. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Todays topic is Equilibrium.....

as in where did mine go? and why doesnt anyone talk about it?

spent the afternoon sitting at a garage sale with some nice ladies I met on the Obiesity help board. they live close to me. gave me some clothes...I showed off my flowers. and fell over myself more than once....Im like what gives? does anyone else have this issue??

they were cracking up? yes we loose weight so rapidly our equilibrum cant keep up. I swear to yall Im not a drinker and definatly not now! but Im constantly stumbling over myself

and I walk funny.....I walk hunched over a bit and take these weird bird steps

the hunched over is from the sore spot in my upper tummy that hurts when I do lots of walking.....I never knew walking excersizes that part of the body too.

but this weird walk Im doing.....I dunno...its like I have forgotten how to walk. :angry:

so there is talk of joining the Y in a month or so and go do some walking.....and swimming.

so maybe my walk will work itself out!

it was so nice to recieve new stuff and not have to pay those store prices....especially when I wont be in them long...I hope....did not get to go weigh...my own fault....Im telling you Im forgetful....to the point its 4 pm dr office close at 5 they know Im comming and Im going to Walmart after....well I went to Wal-mart and never thought one more thing about the Dr office :no: :cry: UGGGGG its not easy being me sometimes!

one of my new friends is writting a book about her experiences with WLS. she has a 4 yr old she will get to see be a man....she had been worried she wouldnt....because of her weight.

and he iis a cutie...met him today.

so those are my thoughts today.....it was a nice day. oh and this is so funny!

I went to the Post Office MYSELF yesterday when I had things to mail! I had to use weird things from home to pack in to keep delicate items safe and had to buy the nessecary stuff to send it on its way.....usually I take my son to do it. He will miss his free Soda for doing it for me! its so great to feel free to do what I want to do once more.....Tonight at this moment I have to say on the record.....I dont regret having WLS.

I havent been able to say it and mean it till a few days ago. it is getting easier.

and I am very suprised at how I do not miss eating and food. sometimes I do.....but mostly I dont. Im so glad. I cant wait till my Aunts sees me. My favorite Aunt who gave me the 2 outfits hasnt seen me since last yr....and my aunt who is 4 yrs older than me hasnt seen me since Aug 4 so Im very excited about their reaction. should be funny and tearful....Ive had worried family who are also over weight....I am the largest person in my family....not for long!

I really should have started a blog instead of this topic!

nutti :p

I think a blog is a great idea Lynette.

So it guess the tippy feeling is normal and you will stop falling over eventually? That is weird, I never heard of that before. I guess it is like your center of gravity is off. Maybe that is why you are walking funny.

The blog is a great idea - this is a major chapter in your life, and a documented version of your journey would be an important piece of family history.

I've never heard of the equilibrium problem, but it makes sense if you think about it. I'm glad that you have no regrets - I'm sorry it wouldn't have been true until now - you seemed to be so positive about it all. I admire you greatly, obviously this isn't an easy thing to do, but you are forging ahead despite the difficulties. Thanks for making us a part of this, by sharing.

Nutti, I am so happy and proud that you are getting your freedom back. I am sure all the other stuff going on is part of the shock to your system. I am sure in time you will start walking straighter and less careful.

In 3 weeks, I'm going to run this child ragged around the Toy and Miniature Museum. I can't wait to be part of THAT milestone ... :)

Well, maybe I won't run her ragged ... but you get the idea. :wave:

You have NO idea how much she is doing now. She is ALWAYS gone now :banana: If I wanna talk to her, I had better call that cell phone :wave: She promises that she'll come do a show with me next year in the fall and I am so looking forward to it because I have not seen her in a year :) Maybe I can shock her by losing some weight too by then :banana:

Congratulations Lynette!! Girl Power!!

She is ALWAYS gone now

whew! aint that right!

today I was at mini meeting from 12-2 where we learned about our dremels!!! :D

when I got home I had a posse waiting here for me....they kidnaped me and took me to a park in Joplin for the Canabis Revival. I havent done anything like that in YEARS! we walked the vendos and listed to the speeches and talks about Hemp oil and making fuel....it was quite...something.

we had a pretty good time the music was great. there was a fire guy who spun these rope thingies with fire on the ends. that was kewl especially when it started to get dark. we ran into a couple of people we havent seen in years...probely since I was this size before....and that was fun. there is just something relaxing about music in the park. of course the younger crowd got a little wild when the fav local band came on stage......throwing themselves at eachother

too much for mom...we came home....One of the Possee bought me a tealight holder and I think we are going to make some ourselves. so now Im home after haveing not been home since noon.

I am plum wore out. Oh and our Tie-Dye shirts were much better than some of the vendos were selling. in fact one of the vendors had to take a photo of 2 of the shirts and the TD sheet we were using to sit on....well some of us had chairs.

Im sorry if Im missing out on my eyecandy.....but I have some good reasons!

OBTW....The Weather is like GORGEOUS here and today it was perfect...lots of sun but a nice breeze to keep you from sweating. we all are a bit pink.

my new mood ring is Blue.....does that mean Happy? :p

nutti :wave:

Nutti--just want to say how proud I am of you, and how glad I am that you have no regrets. The walking funny may also have to do with your feet are smaller now also. You may end up dropping a couple of shoe sizes also.

It really is good to hear about all the fun and outings you are able to enjoy--just think how many more good things are left for you to re-experience.

Nutti I just finished reading through all of this. You are truly an inspiration and I am so proud of you! i think its great that your are posting about your journey through this. we are all very lucky to have you here in this community and blessed to have you as a friend :) keep up the good work, you truly looking amazing!!!

Hi Nutti! :p woo woo, hot mama comin' through! :) my mom had the op and i hope to have it done by this summer, gotta graduate from school first ( and testing testing testing as you well know). i love to hear the success stories because it isn't easy. good job! i am proud of you. it can get a bit overwhelming when you stop to think. good thing you have such a consuming hobby!-hollym :banana:

I haven't been around for awhile. life got in my way.

I remember when you asked me about my surgery. I had it last Dec. 10, 06

I am so happy you were able to finally get yours to.

I have lost 114 lbs. seems my body is happy were it is at. I am to. I think if i was

able to get the skin removed I would be at 135. Not sure if insurance will pay to

have it done. although it is for medical reasons that i need it done. Keep getting

infections because of excess skin. painful. but you know all about the insurance

company giving you the run around.

Again congratulations and good luck with your continued journey

soprok

Debbie, I hope the insurance co. does the decent thing and covers this follow-up surgery. Congratulations on your weight loss! Even if the insurance people won't behave properly, perhaps there is some fund or organisation that can help out.

Nutti, you're doing marvellously! What a beautiful new life you're creating. Keep inspiring us , please.

Holly good luck in your choice for the WLS it is such a big desicion. I hope it is the right one for you! how far out is your mom?

Debbie...so good to see you back on the forum!

I had my surgery June 27th...from April when I started dieting for surgery I have lost 88 pounds.

as the weight goes my enjoyment of life comes.....and by this I mean all of the things I wouldnt have dreamed about doing before April I am doing and looking forward to doing MORE!

if you have any helpful suggestions on what to eat and how to loose more quickly I would love those hints and tips.

yesterday 3 of Catriona's friends who havent seen me in a few weeks were WOWing me

and that made me feel good. but I have a LOOONG way to go!

I will be happy to make it to 199.....would love to be under 200. thats my goal.

keep posting all of this positive support ...yall rock! and I thank-you!

nutti :)

New wow moment and this one got a few tears from the house

today I am wearing clothes that I havent worn since Catriona was in 3rd grade and its all to baggy. I am completely back into Catherines 4x. since Catriona is now in the 11th grade you now know just how long I was in the super morbidly obese. I am almost morbidly obese.

how horrible those words look. how I hate to write them...but there it is. I will not sugar coat it even for me.

today after I make chili I am going to decorate my front yard.

Dean took it over from me a few yrs ago when I couldnt do it my self....but Im doing it today!

well I will have Catriona and Chris to help me. sure is Windy here. but I have all the doors open and there is a wonderful breeze.

oh and I also have to buy myself a new Halloween shirt. I just wore this shirt a few weeks ago but when I put it on yesterday it was a nightgown...a much to big nightgown.....so now I need to get another. I like to have something in keeping with our Haunt when I go shopping. last yr I wore my Professor Mcgonigal hat everywhere. ...hmmm wonder where its at. I am soooo ready for Halloween.

just having a really good day and wanted to share!

nutti