WLS

nuttiwebgal

You're going to have to take some of that time in a bigger chunk and come see me! Leave Dean at the beach and you can stay in the "guest house" and play minis for a couple of days!

You know thats RIGHT! :D

nutti ;)

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miniatures and Greenleaf are very important in my life, too. Don't forget that you are a HUGE part of this forum, Nutti. You are one of the "key" people that I found inspiring here. :D

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well - I hope that next week will be a little easier, and the week after that even better. Before long, it will all be old hat, and you'll be ready to take on the next new challenge!

What a pleasant rush you must be feeling!

How much must you be involved in the move? Just because you think you can, doesn't mean you should. Dr. Kathie says stay home this weekend. Don't over do. We don't want to hear that you pushed so hard that you've made yourself ill. You knew this would be a long journey. Be patient. We'll be with you every step of the way. :D

How much must you be involved in the move?

its already done....Dean helped after he got off work the last 2 nights

I have mostly spent time with the Pixonator while they were packing. the job is all the extra activity this poor body can handle at the moment! although I have to say it has given me more energy ..well the days I wasnt sick...than I have had in awhile.

nutti :D

I'm glad you are still feeling so good about everything even though you've been sick for a few days. If you can be so positive while you aren't feeling well, imagine how it will be when you feel better! It's wonderful to read your posts!!!

today I am home sick waiting to get in to the PCP at 2pm

I went to the Er yesterday

that was a JOKE! and I dont think I got the right meds to help me.

ssooooo still feel like crap.

I have kidney infection

at least one ear is infected...the other was to clogged with wax to tell for sure

not pnemonia, I had a chest xray to rule it out but chest still hurts to breathe

sinus infection

and Im still having fever and chills

kiddies its been a very long time since the Nut has felt this bad and NOT had surgery!

what a way to start a new job! :teary: :)

but when I called in I was told there were alot of peeps out today with the same stuff(chest congestion/fever /body aches)

must be going around.

I wont tell you the BS I went through at our newly opened state of the art Hospital but sufice it to say we were mutually happy when I was finished 4 hours later on a sunday afternoon.

and I will NEVER go there again. I usually go to joplin but I was going alone and didnt want to drive that far while feeling so sick.

after I told them 4 times I had RNY and needed liquid meds I still got an order for tabs.

with mal absorbtion issues I didnt figure tabs would get the job done...

of course the Dr only saw me for about 5 mins and never came back to tell me anything or talk to me about the meds so Im going to my own....if I had known it was going to be a waste of my time I would have stayed home and gone to the PCP today since Im missing work....I went to the ER so I wouldnt have to miss work. UUUUGGGGG

if it aint one thing its 2 or 3 of another!

LIFE IS GOOD! LIFE IS GOOD! LIFE IS GOOD!

ok maybe when I feel better I will have more belief in those words....LOL

nutti ;)

Bummer, Lynette! Not good timing, but nothing you have control over, so go with the flow.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience at the hospital. I'd make sure somebody knows about it.

What is PCP and RNY?

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad!! Take care of yourself Lynette. You won't do anyone any good worrying about work right now and it won't make you feel better. Rest and let us know what your REAL doctor tell you. It does sound like that nasty flu that is going around. My hubby has been sick for 3 weeks and so have Sarah & Rachel. I have not gotten it yet and hope I don't get it. Take it easy :)

Well kidos Im feeling much better now.

I have liquid meds and feeling much better. so back to work tomorrow!

I did enjoy my much to brief visit here today while I was hookie from work.

I actually had the good manners to feel bad when my work area was calling my name like a long lost friend :o

mixed emotions about the scale....another 6 pounds gone never to return :o

bummer only 6 pounds. :(

soooo I celebrated/comeserated by buying myself a new shirt while waiting for my meds...so pretty in pink. and I tried it on before I bought it. LOL..Catie showed up and we shopped...yup I said it...we SHOPPED!we looked everything over...got new swimsuits out and I found one I gotta have

BLACK! not yellow or polka dotted! :p and we looked at purses coz we are real girls :bounce8: and they had some for 5$ so yes we each got a new one!

Im movin on down in the world!

Im glad to be on the down side of this round of crud. yall take care not to get sick!

I know a few of you have been down with it...its not fun...

see yall soon!

nutti :wave:

It's good to hear you finally got the right medication. That was an awfully quick turn-around. Are you sure you're well enough to go back? Wishful thinking won't make it so, and even your new body [ :o ] isn't as young as it once was.

Don't want to be a Gloomy Gus, but I care about you! We all do! :bounce8:

Feeling much better

cough is productive now and spells are farther apart.

so Im enjoying my new job again! although now that Ive missed I cant be late....how early does one plan to start to drive a 30 min drive with 4-8 inches of snow and ice/sleet???

Dean said he would cover the car when he gets home. I had to call him at work to ask him because I will be asleep when he gets home.

I get real cranky if Im not headed to sleep by 9:30....5am comes really FAST!

so Im off to shower...no time to read more coz I hear my bed calling my name!

I miss my eyecandy! I hope yall are busy taking photos!

Y'know what? Even though you're still sick, and you're tired - you just have this ENERGY coming through the posts. I think this is another big change we are privileged to witness in your "evolution"!

Be very good to yourself - don't forget - even though you're Superwoman, you're not Superwoman, you know. That made sense to me, did it make sense to you?

:wave:

....another 6 pounds gone never to return

bummer only 6 pounds. :p

hey you can't say bummer when you lost 6 pounds! that's a good thing! you need to say "woo :wave: hoo" for each and every one of them!

how much have you lost in total?

Proud of you!!

As for the drive..When I worked for the P.O we had to be in at 6am. When it was snowing (i even had to drive in during a blizzard) I left the house at 4:30am. It gave me plenty of time to maneuver and I was driving on the highway.

Well we dodged the snow so far.

so I can leave at the normal time....cold as.....well its COLD

I have lost a total of

146lbs since April 5th.

I wanted to be under 300 by the new yr....14 more pounds to go....maybe this will happen before

Feb 14th.

we shall see. no time to say more time to dash out the door!

Have a great day!

Well yesterday while I was digging in my box of photos I found a couple of photos

unbelievable photos....there are not many of them but I was over 500 at the time they were taken

I showed them to my son and hes like OMGAWD...I know its you sitting there(family shot at Christmas) but it looks nothing like you! it certainly doesnt to me either.

I am scanning it now to add to my little book that I carry around with me....not sure if Ill post it in my album here....Im still a bit touchy about it....its one thing to aknowledge the fact I once weighed over 500 but to see it is quite another. when I think of those days I....well...really I try not to think of those days. I missed several school things for all of my kids and had to attend my oldest sons graduation like that also...very humiliating at the time....I almost begged off.

it kept me from making the trip to California to see him graduate from Boot Camp...something that still disapoints me when I think of it.

I wish I would have gone to see another doctor at the time it was happening....I knew I was getting bigger really fast...I remember thinking a few times at walking into the gym with my daughter for twirling practice and realising my legs were getting bigger making the walking harder and more painful. But I refused to go see my own Dr AGAIN when I had my thyroid checked several times over the years with no problems(HA!)

I knew there was a reason someone as active as I had been up to that point kept getting bigger

but it had gotten to where if my own family PCP wouldnt/couldnt find anything wrong with me why should I bother? it was a very Depressing time for me...thats when my PCP stopped seeing me also

when I made appointments at his office I would be passed to the Nurse Practitioner who treated me for severe depression until she and I had a long visit about my sleep patterns

she was the one who sent me for a sleep study.....my sleep apnea was soo severe the tech who monitered me got scared after only 30 minutes and hooked me up to the Bi-Pap and 4 months later I had lost 40 pounds.....because of SLEEP!!

I now am a very strong advocate for sleep studies! if you dont get the RIGHT kind of sleep your body cannot function! after 4 or 5 months of sleeping I quit all of my depression meds....I just felt so much better...from SLEEPING!

it is my first advice to anyone who is severly over weight get a sleep study!

it was at this point in my life that I started building and making dollhouses and miniatures.

yes I know Im rambling but these are my thoughts after seeing these few photos I have at this weight. I have some from my sons graduation and that is what I had been looking for but the Christmas before will be good enough...same size.

if you havent learned anything from this thread yet....know this....sleep apnea can interfere with alot of aspects in your life...it is every bit as important to get a sleep study done as it is to have any other test.

ok climbing down off my soapbox!

nutti :hug:

Nutti, I don't know how large you were when I first visited the old site, but I've got to say, I liked you then too, I'm so proud of your accomplishments--mainly for your health and to see you get more happy, but honey, you were still a nice and likeable person back then. Gee, I hope this comes across right.

Either way, I think you are a great person and so glad to have "met" you.

BTW-thanks for the sleep tip, I may see what my Dr. thinks about this for me. I'm just not getting any restful sleep lately.

Nutti, I don't know how large you were when I first visited the old site,

I was over 500 when I decided to build "A" dollhouse myself. I built my victorianna may 2003 I got my sleep apnea machine in Aug 2003.

my machine saved my life and miniatures gave me a life to live for.

yes I have kids but only one is left at home...soon she will be off to live her own life and I have my own life to live now also.

I didnt have that before Dollhouse's miniatures and Greenleaf!

ty for saying you liked me even than....

I always try to be as upbeat as I can be....sometimes its a real chore but mostly its easy to say nice things when they are true!

I liked you TOOOOO

I remember your struggles with the Lily and how you and your DH punished the roof into submission

helped me alot when I too had to punish my roof...I knew just how to do it!

nutti :hug:

Whether or not you decide to post the "Before" Christmas photo - we all knew and liked you "Before", "During" - and will still do so "After". You are the person with neat ideas, great family anecdotes, creative and often whimsical miniatures and dollhouses; You are the person who offers sympathy, a joke, an inventive solution, and so much more. It's You - not your body that counts. We don't need to see a picture to recognise a good friend. :hug:

Of course, it's wonderful that you have fought and come through an ordeal that would finish off many others. It's uplifting to hear of your strength, determination, and willpower. It's humbling to learn of the ups and downs you endured, and then triumphed over. I'm happy that you are forging a new, healthy You. I see the difference in your posts, and it means a lot to me. We all feel like we've travelled this journey with you, and can take a personal pride in what you've achieved!

Your family must be benefitting from what you've done on so many levels. What an unforgettable experience for them! You're a fantastic role model, Nutti.