My Blog

Sherr

I just added a blog of my "Quasi"-Georgian Townhouse Custom Build on this site. Check it out if you get a chance. It shows the process of making it from the AutoCad drawings up to the present.

Havanaholly I renamed it!! I like Quasi-Georgian even better :):note:

I like "quasi" Georgian. Actually so far I see jaw-droppingly gorgeous Georgian. Your mahogany pillars blew me away! How did you finish them? I love playing with the lathe!

:banana::banana::banana:

WOW

I am in awe of your vision and your ability to bring it all to live with such fabulouse style!

LOVE IT!

tytyty for the eyecandy!

the fireplaces and the bed caught my eye!

its all stunning

nutti :banana:

WOW Thanks everybody :banana:

Your mahogany pillars blew me away! How did you finish them? I love playing with the lathe!

Those columns were real mahogany scraps from my dads workshop. Turned on a full size lathe. Because it was real mahogany the finish is a wonderful color. I put a very thin coat of stain and then rub on poly (3) coats. I put the stain on while it was on the lathe. I did chip 2 of the square corners at the top but decided to live with it.

How do you cut your basswood?

It really depends on what I'm cutting but usually the exacto fine toothed handsaw or the bandsaw with a rip fence if I need a real straight piece. The rip fence is just a straight peice of scrap plywood clamped to the bandsaw table square to the blade..super simple set up but very effective if you can't afford the mini table saw and are a little scared of the big table saw and small strips of wood (like me)

oh, my, oh, my!!! that's some of the most beautiful work ever!!

congratulations on your wonderful, wondrous, beautiful achievement.

and thank you for the photographs and blog, too!

• 5 weeks later...