New to dollhouses...long time polymer clay creator

MommymakesStuff

I have seen a lot of suggestions for rookies to so the orchid. Has anyone done the buttercup? Which is better I have not ordered my first kit yet but I am chomping at the bit to. I like the look of the orchid but I don not want to bite off more than I can chew. I have tons of minis made by polymer that need a home safe from my children's hands. Suggestions please?

Hello and welcome Arda! :) I'm working on an Orchid myself right now, and I'm loving how easy it has been so far (knock on wood). I think it really depends on your tastes, but I would definitely recommend an Orchid for your first house, especially if it's one you like. Can't wait to see pictures of your minis!

Welcome Arda! My first build was the Orchid and it went smoothly. I was worried at first, but you'll be fine. There are lots of people here willing to give any advice you need. Go with your heart and you can never be wrong. And just remember, there is nothing stopping you from doing the Buttercup later on.

hi Arda,

I am a newbie here too. Is that a creation of yours on your avatar?

leigh

yes it is my two oldest were at school and on a rare occurrence my two youngest were napping at the same time so I was able to make few fairies. This is the only one I was allowed to keep. The others were kidnapped when the older children got home from school. I looove polymer clay I am working on cookoo clock today.

Hi and welcome! I say go with the one you like best. The Orchid is a great house to start with. I bashed my buttercup into a castle, but the parts I did do normally were not hard either.

Ooh a castle! That would be a nice place for my dragons to live! Thanks to everyone still deciding on which one to do. Maybe I will or just order two kits and decide when they get here! hee hee

Ooh a castle! That would be a nice place for my dragons to live! Thanks to everyone still deciding on which one to do. Maybe I will or just order two kits and decide when they get here! hee hee

Now that sounds like a true miniaturist :groucho: Before you even build one; thinking about ordering two. Welcome to this addictions umm I mean hobby.

Your fairy is very cute. The Orchid is not hard to build at all, go to the blog area and look thru the community and team build of this house. You will get some wonderful ideas and tips.

Welcome, Arda, Sherr & I make dolls from polymer clay and Gina also makes dolls (I think hers are porcelain) and we have a few other dollmakers on board, too. Your little fairies are adorable!

I built four Buttercups before I built any other kits from Greenleaf/ Corona. I did have to make interior trim for the door & windows, I used posterboard. All the Buttercups I've built have been sold to folks for their children to play with, but I may have a picture of one or two in one of my albums.

Hello Arda and welcome! Yes, Gina does make onlyporcelain dolls.....she is sculpting challenged.

Wolfie aka Gina (I think I'm the Gina Holly mentioned - there is another Gina on the list too, so I prefer to be called Wolfie)