Robins Roost Pictures

I am sorry Dean. I gave my kit to my neighbor. He loves birds. He hasnt been able to do any woodworking or mechanical work in months because of a surgery. So I thought it might lift his spirits a little.

When he gets it done and puts it up, I will ask if I can take a picture.

Oh I never noticed this. I have a robin building a nest in my wisteria right now. Last year I had to go out a screw a board under the nest to support it after it fell apart and the babies fell on the ground. 2 of the 3 lived. A couple of these would be great to hang near there. One high and one lower. The other 2 robins that come back to nest every year have never had a problem. Think mourning doves would like this?

Dean, This is the robins roost I did for my sisters b.d. tomorrow . I stained the sides, drew, and painted the picture, stained the shingles light purples and then finished with polyurathan to help protecte it outside. really like this kit. went together very fast and easy.. thanks again. :groucho:

post-1479-1177561925_thumb.jpg

post-1479-1177561970_thumb.jpg

Joan, yours looks great! I love what you did with it.

Dean, I haven't done much with mine yet except figure out what I want to do with it. Here it is with the figures I'm putting in it and a rug. I haven't gotten around to painting/staining, etc. I am also going to make them a table. I'm considering giving it to my father since he calls his three daughters his three angels. Even though they are fairies I figured he wouldn't notice. I'll post more pictures after I finish it. I'll try to paint it when I do my storybook cottage which will hopefully be this weekend or next week.

post-936-1177588265_thumb.jpgpost-936-1177588252_thumb.jpg

Dean, I have mine together - it only took a few minutes! I won't use glue on it, as I may want to dismantle it at the end of the season to clean it out. Although it's so open a design, it probably doesn't need to be taken apart to clean. The slight gaps at the tabs and slots are a good thing in my mind. They'll allow any errant raindrops to drain out, instead of drowning little chickies.

Does anyone know if robins are attracted to a particular colour?

I'm useless with the digital camera (I blush to say it), so will have to wait until daughter comes home from school. I haven't painted it yet - although I know exactly what I want to do - so I'll hold off until I can get "before" and "after" pictures. You probably want unfinished pics for the store. Sorry I'm such an idiot! :groucho:

I hope some robins decide to roost in mine. They're singing so beautifully now - it will be a lovely way to thank them for the joy they bring to us.

Joan, you did a terrific job on yours! Sister is going to be thrilled. :whistle:

Even though they are fairies I figured he wouldn't notice.
You can always glue round filigree jewelry findings to the backs of their heads for halos.
I'm useless with the digital camera
Ditto here, although I don't blush about it, it's just one of those things. Other people ask me to take pictures with their cameras and I do everything they show me & the pictures never turn out. I think I give off electromagnetism that messes up the circuitry.

I just ordered 2 of them, while it says no glue needed I'm thinking the Rhino will be part of this.

:groucho: Andrew, from your gush in the glue thread, I'm thinking Rhino will go with you to the grave. May have to get some of this stuff! :whistle:

[Re: digital camera] ... although I don't blush about it, it's just one of those things. Other people ask me to take pictures with their cameras and I do everything they show me & the pictures never turn out. I think I give off electromagnetism that messes up the circuitry.

I thought about why I blush after reading your post, Holly. I realised that it's because - unlike you - I really haven't tried properly. I've just let others do it for me. Which is an excellent reason to blush!

It's raining down in buckets here - literally, as I had to run around placing buckets strategically! (Yes, the roof may need some work.) I don't think today is a good photo-op. Will hope for better weather tomorrow.

Susanne, I left a comment but if no one's visited your gallery and looked at your Robins Nest, they are really missing out on a beautiful mini.

If they glued you in with that stuff they'd sure never get ya out again.

I was going to ask why we'd want to, then I remembered who I'm talking to and decided that it's probably better not to know. :lol:

I've posted pictures in the Members' Gallery of my completed Greenleaf Robins' Roost

Suzanne, it's just beautiful! I love the butterfly made from the punch out pieces. It's creative and lovely!

Deb

oooooo Susanne

I love it...may I borrow your idea?

I have a bird statuet and what a perfect way to display it.

dont know if they are blue birds but wow you did a great job!

love the butterfly out of the cut outs...you do have an eye for detail!

you rock :lol: :)

nutti :)