Robins Roost Pictures

Susanne it's beautiful. :birthday:

I showed your pics to Chris (he wanted mine to build, and of course I said yes), he was blown away. He said his will never look as good as yours. But I reminded him that this would be his first real build of any kind with wood (he's sculpted and painted a few things for school that turned out fabulous, I have no doubt that he'll be a natural building this) and that he just needs to take his time and it'll be great. :wave:

QUOTE(doogster @ Apr 26 2007, 12:29 PM)

If they glued you in with that stuff they'd sure never get ya out again.

I was going to ask why we'd want to, then I remembered who I'm talking to and decided that it's probably better not to know.

Oh, come on, Deb, the cadavers in the CSI morgue sit up after the autopsies to talk over what happened & how they got there, and I figured Andrew wouldn't want to be bothered!

Susanne it's beautiful. :birthday:

I showed your pics to Chris (he wanted mine to build, and of course I said yes), he was blown away. He said his will never look as good as yours. But I reminded him that this would be his first real build of any kind with wood (he's sculpted and painted a few things for school that turned out fabulous, I have no doubt that he'll be a natural building this) and that he just needs to take his time and it'll be great. :wave:

Annette -

Tell Chris I'm looking forward to seeing how he finishes his Robins' Roost. It's a real fun kit and snaps together very easily. I painted the pieces before I assembled the kit. I chose green because it was cheerful and also was a colour that I had plenty of. The green was originally a brighter colour, but I just mixed in some seashell white paint.

The punch-out extra pieces are really nicely shaped. At first I was going to just glue them in a maze pattern, but when I saw the butterfly shape begin to take forum - I just went with it.

One of the things I love about this forum is sharing ideas with everyone. I couldn't count the number of times I've "used" someone else's ideas.

-Susanne

Oh, come on, Deb, the cadavers in the CSI morgue sit up after the autopsies to talk over what happened & how they got there, and I figured Andrew wouldn't want to be bothered!

Only if there was beer being handed out. :monkeydance:

Sorry I haven't posted sooner, but thanks, the pictures look great! Unfortunatly, Susanne and Joan's pictures are the only ones large enough for the store. Pllease keep them coming, but try to keep the image size around 500 x 500!

Thanks again!

Dean

Store looks great, I want to seal one to put out as a bird house, saw 2 robins rutting this evening. I'm going to call it Dougal's Home For Stray Animals, maybe I'll do that with both. He's always been great taking in new kittens. Seems a fitting thing.

I posted pictures of my finished robin roost in my gallery. Here is one for a teaser. Dean, bigger ones are in the gallery. I didn't make any of them smaller like I usually do when posting.

post-936-1178215625_thumb.jpg