Hello, Everyone

My name is Cheryl, [Petite Crafter], and I live in south GA. I became disabled 3 years ago, but the bright side to that is that now I have time to work on my mini's, and my other crafts! I have 3 grown children, 4 grandchildren, and a great husband. He has built a large 'craft studio' for me, and I have it filled with all the many things I love to work on. [Mini's, sewing, quilting, jewelry making, etc.].

I started collecting, and making my own mini's about 40 years ago, and I love it. DH bought me 'The Pierce', and I had started building it when I became ill - but now, I am back at it, and looking forward to finishing it! Now, I am busy making all the many little things that make a house a home - bedspreads, quilts, pillows, curtains, etc. I am also going to be making alot of items from polymer clay. [We'll see how that goes].

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum and all the other 'mini addicts' that are on here - at least now I know I'm not alone in my 'little world'! I hope to learn all sorts of new things from all of you!

Petite Crafter

Where in S GA, Cheryl? Peggi lives near Macon, Jeanne lives near Valdosta and I live about 20 miles S of Bainbridge (in very N FL). DH's mom's family is from Worth Co & his dad's are from Stewart & Webster Cos.

Where in S GA, Cheryl? Peggi lives near Macon, Jeanne lives near Valdosta and I live about 20 miles S of Bainbridge (in very N FL). DH's mom's family is from Worth Co & his dad's are from Stewart & Webster Cos.

Hi Havanaholly

I live in Douglas, GA, [Coffee County]. We are about 100 miles south of Macon, about 60 miles east of Valdosta, and I'm not sure how far from Bainbridge. We are about 30 miles north of Waycross. [DH was born and raised here - I was born and raised in Philly, PA, but moved down here as a teen].

We have been going to Valdosta for years to go to the Michaels there, and the mall and such, and now that they have a Hobby Lobby, and Walmart no longer sells fabric, nor many craft supplies, we go to Valdosta even more frequently!

I hope to get to meet some, [or all] of you! I usually only get on the computer once or twice a day - mainly because I had gotten hooked on it before, and NEVER got anything else done. That's why I didn't see your note till today. I make myself spend only just so much time on here, or I would never leave it!

Welcome to another Georgian. One day will will have to find a middle ground to all meet including Holly. Sorry for the delay in the greeting and welcome, I work full time and work on minis at night and this week I've been playing with making things for landscaping my White Orchid the home of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, and if I ever get on the computer I don't get anything done, so many friendly people here.

I have a nephew that lives in Waycross--how is that fire going? Wasn't some people being evacuated?

welcome to the forum Cheryl! wow it feels like old home week. i'm from Savannah, born 'n raised and transplanted in Chicago for 5yrs now. talk about a fish outta water! nice to see so many GA folks around! maybe we can swap recipes! :groucho: sure miss the family reunions. and homesickness was the reason i got my first house. i want to build an entire Savannah Square!

have fun, and feel free at ask questions. everyone is very friendly and helpful here!

Hello and welcome! Do you have pictures of your Pierce?

I'm currently building a Pierce, kitbashing it with the Arthur!

I used to live in Newnan, Ga about a hundred years ago. Lived there for 6 years before we moved on to Texas :groucho:

We are about 30 miles north of Waycross.
a nephew that lives in Waycross--how is that fire going?
Peggi, the Sarasota paper ran an article about the tandem bike rally we attended last month, and going to the page with the article we noticed the front page included an article that smoke from the Okeefenokee fires is hazing up the sky in SW FL! A wekend canoe/ kayak campout in the swamp was canceled because of the fire, and there's hardly any water in the swamp!

I took a break from shingling my Magnolia's exterior balcony walls and we went paddling with our club on the Econfina River, instead (N of Panama City). The weather was perfect and the river is gorgeous, with mountain laurel in full bloom and magnolia buds shedding their fuzzy cauls and beginning to open up; but coming home we noticed the sky was a murky bluish-brown, and when we stopped at the store to pick up some catfish for supper the folks there said the wind from the fires had shifted.

Welcome to the forum! It's easy to become addicted to this place - everyone has interesting projects and lots of great advice - plus they're fun to be with! You're going to love it here. :whistle: