New member from NC

Sherr

Hi everyone.

I was referred to this site by Havannaholly who tells me there are a few dollmaking enthusiasts here. I have just started making 1/12 scale OOAK sculpted dolls this year and am still in the process of custom building a Georgian dollhouse. I am an architect by day and relax by making miniatures. Below are a few of my latest projects. This looks like a great forum. Can't wait to browse around!!

My little people 2636765010084664828S200x200Q85.jpg 2085005090084664828S200x200Q85.jpg

And part of my Georgian house the little people will reside in2591004760084664828S200x200Q85.jpg

Sherr

http://community.webshots.com/user/ninithecat

Hi everyone.

I was referred to this site by Havannaholly who tells me there are a few dollmaking enthusiasts here. I have just started making 1/12 scale OOAK sculpted dolls this year and am still in the process of custom building a Georgian dollhouse. I am an architect by day and relax by making miniatures. Below are a few of my latest projects. This looks like a great forum. Can't wait to browse around!!

Sherr

http://community.webshots.com/user/ninithecat

Sherr,

Welcome to the group and WOW on the dolls and dollhouse. If you don't mind me asking where in NC do you live. We just moved back in February and are living in the Sanford area.

Kat

Hi, Sherri! Gina makes truly pretty dolls and Mr Brimble the cat publican in Ann's avatar. I tend to do Edwardian & Craftsman decor and more recent, but I aspire to try Georgian one day. My, I like your housemaid even betterthan your lady, if it's possible.

Sherr,

Welcome to the group and WOW on the dolls and dollhouse. If you don't mind me asking where in NC do you live. We just moved back in February and are living in the Sanford area.

Kat

Hi Kat. I live on the southeast coast. I do have a few relatives in Lillington (very near Sanford). There isn't a big community of mini enthusiasts in this area as far as I can tell...but Raleigh and Greensboro both have NAME chapters. I would like to check out the Raleigh club but it's still 2 hours drive. Thank goodness for forums like these! Thanks so much for the welcome.

Uppitycats....they are polymer clay with wire armatures. I had to experiment with the clay recipes but finally found one that cooperates! The clothes are VERY challenging to me and I try to sew as much of them as possible (but glue is necessary sometimes). My next project is a wizard for a friend. That should be a real challenge.

Thanks to everyone else :ohyeah: as well.

Hi Sherri! Welcome to the Greenleaf forum! It's great to see you here. You know I'm already a fan of your work - I especially love your Mop Girl - I wonder what she's daydreaming about?

Thanks again everyone. I am overwhelmed by your nice comments. What a very warm welcome!!!

Hi Gina, yes Havannaholly had mentioned you specifically. Glad to hear from you! Please don't stop making dolls. I have just begun making them this year and really love hearing from others who also make them. I am working right now on a wizard I could use some ideas on. Like what kind of footwear do wizards wear??? Here is the first look at him being made. (He looks like Sir John Geilgud and I have no idea why)

2642868530084664828S200x200Q85.jpg

I just plopped some beard on him for effect and wrapped him in some silk I had laying around so he would not be "nekked" :blink:

....also how do you make a mustache with viscose look real? I thought of gluing in the right direction of growth and then actually trimming it short.

You see, I could use the guidance and comraderie of other dollmakers :huh::(

Sherr