Minatures.com 50% off Sale

bmatson

I just recently registered on the website and requested a catalog, but I won't get it for at least a month. I would really like to take advantage of the 50% off one-item sale on April 2nd. Is there a code or something that I need to use? Or will the savings be automatic when I go through the checkout process??

I have been deciding whether I should buy another dh (I have my heart set on either the Queen Anne II or the Sterling Estates) or a lighting kit that I need for my Beacon Hill. After discussing it with DH, I think the lighting kit is the best way to go. Because since I have SO much more to do on the BH, it will probably take me a year or so to finish it anyway, so I can take advantage of the sale next year and go ahead and buy another dh!!

Hi there! I have been an HBS customer for years but lately I haven't been getting catalogs from HBS except when I specifically request one from them. I asked for one at Christmas, so that's the catalog I have. They seem to rely on emails for communication, so if you have joined you will get an email about the April sale. I just got one for March which is good for 20% off your entire order when the order is placed by 11:59 p.m. March 23rd. It says "Media code WPC2706 MUST be entered in the media code box of your online order form to receive the discount."

If you don't get a catalog and you want one, you can follow the link on the home page to "request a catalog."

Welcome to the miniatures.com club! If minis are an addiction, HBS (Hobby Builder's Supply aka Miniatures.com) is definitely a "supplier." And, you don't have to wait an entire year if you decide not to buy a dollhouse right now. They have various sales throughout the year for 50% off one item or 50% off any dollhouse with a certain size order, as well as these 20% off deals and others. Basically, Ernie will use any holiday as an excuse to boost sales. I think he does one for his wife Blanche's birthday too!

P.S. if you order from them, you will get a catalog in the box with your order.

Is there a minimum required on the original price of the one item? I finally figured out what I want to get, I think! LOL

OK everyone I just got the new catalog in the mail and the coupons are as follows:

Blanche's b-day 3/16 - 3/23 20% off entire order Media code: N1107

April Fool's Monday sale 4/2 50% off your highest priced item Media code: N1207

Easter Sale 4/6 - 4/9 20% off entire order Media Code: N1307

April Showers sale 4/20 - 4/230% off entire order Media code: N1407

Spring Fling sale (it says it expires 4/30) $5 off any order of $50 or more Media code: N1507

It does say coupon must accompany mail orders if anyone does that.

Is there a minimum required on the original price of the one item? I finally figured out what I want to get, I think! LOL

No. What did you decide on? Sometimes there is a minimum on the total of the rest of your order, like 50% off one item when the rest of your order totals $50 or more or something like that. And sometimes it's just 50% off any dollhouse. Whatever Ernie feels like that day, I guess!

If last year's anything to go by we got a different media code emailed for the 50% off sale that allowed us to get hooked up on the sale a few days early.

That would be great!

Also, does anyone know if they will let you use the coupon on an item that is out of stock? You know, for when it is available?

thanks,

Traci

Well yesterday I took advantage of teh 20% off and got my conservatory and french doors. And they shipped them out already! You cant be that.

Then I will take advantage of the 50% one and get my beacon hill at long last!!!

I figured it out a few times and for me to get the conservatory and french doors now and the house on the 50% off I save 15.00 instead of getting everything at once.

Bec

Hmmm, I may have to spend this evening browsing for an item. I really want another dollhouse, but I simply do not have the room for another one. I may go for a roombox, but get a larger one. I have been trying and trying to get my hands on a RGT General Store for dh, but have not had any success. I could use the large roombox for that. I made sure I saved all the media codes. Ya never know....... :yikes:

I'm not sure I'll have the money to get anything for the April Fools sale, but I'm still eyeing the Fairfield upgrade kit, or one of the 1/144th scale kits, or the McKinley. Ah, so many minis, so little money. :p

I just found the perfect fence for my rose garden at HBS: http://www.miniatures.com/hbs/global/Index...PRODUCTSKU=7526

But I can't afford to get it right now. Too many other minis that I want to get. :yikes:

Hmmm, I may have to spend this evening browsing for an item. I really want another dollhouse, but I simply do not have the room for another one. I may go for a roombox, but get a larger one. I have been trying and trying to get my hands on a RGT General Store for dh, but have not had any success. I could use the large roombox for that. I made sure I saved all the media codes. Ya never know....... :yikes:

Judi, I'm not sure, but is this the general store you are looking for?

General Store by Real Good Toys

Item #9030

9030.jpg9030acc.jpg

This unfinished kit comes with all the bits and pieces that give a country store its distinctive charm. Wallpaper not included.

Features include:

• Sturdy construction: 1/4"-3/8" MDF and 1/4" plywood
  • Two acrylic storefront windows and a sliding acrylic roof for easy access
  • Two walls of shelving with ladder
  • Wooden door with acrylic insert
  • Sales counter and an assortment of miniature bottles
  • Barrel, butter churn, orange crates, old-fashioned signs
  • Checkerboard and more

Wallpaper, awning, brick siding and flag are not included. Accessories may vary.

15 1/4"W x 11 1/4"H x 10 3/4"D

Scale: 1"

Style: Shop

Assembly Required: Yes

bestseller.jpg

Price: $39.99

Actual price is $49.00. You save 18%.

12 remaining in stock. Add To Wish List

If so, I found it at the HBS website, just do a search for Real Good Toys.....hope it's the right one!

That would be great!

Also, does anyone know if they will let you use the coupon on an item that is out of stock? You know, for when it is available?

thanks,

Traci

Absotively and posilutely, last year I got the Montclair Master Kit (the house with extension, conservatory and front porch), it ended up being back ordered and I had to wait (they told me they sold 14 of those kits during the sale) but there was no problem with getting the 50% off.

Judi, I'm not sure, but is this the general store you are looking for?

General Store by Real Good Toys

Item #9030

9030.jpg9030acc.jpg

This unfinished kit comes with all the bits and pieces that give a country store its distinctive charm. Wallpaper not included.

Features include:

• Sturdy construction: 1/4"-3/8" MDF and 1/4" plywood
  • Two acrylic storefront windows and a sliding acrylic roof for easy access
  • Two walls of shelving with ladder
  • Wooden door with acrylic insert
  • Sales counter and an assortment of miniature bottles
  • Barrel, butter churn, orange crates, old-fashioned signs
  • Checkerboard and more

Wallpaper, awning, brick siding and flag are not included. Accessories may vary.

15 1/4"W x 11 1/4"H x 10 3/4"D

Scale: 1"

Style: Shop

Assembly Required: Yes

bestseller.jpg

Price: $39.99

Actual price is $49.00. You save 18%.

12 remaining in stock. Add To Wish List

If so, I found it at the HBS website, just do a search for Real Good Toys.....hope it's the right one!

And it is a breeze to put together, I used it for the bike shop I made for hubby's B-day a couple of years ago, to say he was surprised is an understatement LOL...

Hugs

Absotively and posilutely, last year I got the Montclair Master Kit (the house with extension, conservatory and front porch), it ended up being back ordered and I had to wait (they told me they sold 14 of those kits during the sale) but there was no problem with getting the 50% off.

Thanks for the info! I have been debating getting the replacement windows for the Pierce. I have to buy/make new ones anyway. At half off, it's a great deal! :wave:

Traci