The Princesses Need Some Help

Blondie

Hello, everyone. I have missed you!!! Tonight I started working on the flooring for the Princess (Arthur) House. I did Ariel's room with blue tile and two rooms with hardwood. What should I do for that last floor on the bottom? The staircase makes it kind of tricky, so I thought I'd get some opinions. Should I do more hardwood? Or get more tiles in a different color? Also, I'm going to put baseboards in later--should I leave them "wood" color or paint them?

Whatcha think? (More pics in gallery)

post-1461-1173147235_thumb.jpg

Nice work!

Hmmmm ... how well glued in are the stairs? I think if you can get them out while you're doing the flooring, you'll be a happier camper!

The three finished floors are grand. Maybe tile in the 4th one? That would be a nice background for a lovely rug.

Edit: I just looked at the gallery photos. It appears to me that even if the stairs are glued to the wall, you could work a little saw blade (or a utility or X-actor knife blade) under the stringers (where they meet the floor) so a tile could be slipped underneath. That way you could do the room without having to piece anything. :flowers:

Very clever suggestion, Kathie. I will remember next time not to glue in the staircase until the floors are done. Learning curve. :flowers:

PS: I forgot to show the best part of the princess house!! I was at Target the other day and I saw some foam decorations for a kid's wall. Check these out! Belle will go on the other side and I'm going to try and figure out a way to get Snow White onto the front somehow. Might have to cut off her feet...

post-1461-1173148686_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1173148696_thumb.jpg

What's the room gonna be? That makes a difference for me. If it is a kitchen, tile. If it is a living room, carpet.

The house is for a 3-year-old, Deana ... it could end up the stable or the bathroom or a ballroom. :flowers:

The foam stickers are perfect! How nice of Cinderella to wear a gown that matches the trim on the house!

The house is for a 3-year-old, Deana ... it could end up the stable or the bathroom or a ballroom. :flowers:

Hahahahaha! So true. I'm going to let my niece use her imagination. I've decided not to even do furniture. She has lots of little furniture from other toys she can use, and this way I can slowly collect for her as she gets older. A couch here, a desk there...

I would do carpet as well. I found some fabric on clearance at Joanns that works for carpet around the same color blue. Just a hint if you don't want to spend too much.

I love the foam additions. You called one room Ariel's room. Are you going to put a picture of her in there?

Nice job!

Oo! Glitter and maybe some really tiny rhinestones..maybe make some curtains and glue them on.

Oh, those fake jewlleries used for the nail decor would look perfect I think for these extra sprakles! Love wha tyou have done with the house so far, the doll decor is just perfect touch on the exterior!

Hugs

If I were doing that house for a little girl and wanted to put in baseboards I'd paint them all a pale, pale yellow and possibly glue clear holeless beads on top for a glittery effect. Definitely glitter on the shingles.

I think Nutti sprinkled the walls of her Princess house with glitter whilst the paint was still wet. You could also draw swirly patterns with glue and prinkle liberally with glitter and when the glue dries gently brush loos glitter onto a piece of paper to use somewhere else (likt the shingles, steps or trim, or perhaps the furniture).

What have you been up to? You've been suspisciously quiet. I for one would like to see how the little Haunted House is coming together.