My first attempt at upholstery

prariegurl

Perhaps some of you recall the 10 year old Vogue pattern I found in my stash, that had the 1/12 scale chair and ottoman? Well, I made the chair! It's far from perfect, but I did manage to finish it, and the final product looks like a chair, so I consider it a success!

The little dog was made by Anya. I highly recommend her for all of your mini animal needs!

Jeri

post-306-1172537481_thumb.jpg

post-306-1172537523_thumb.jpg

Your chair looks just like one of my grandmother's, except her upholstery was the itchy, uncomfortable stuff and she covered it with flowered fabric that looked like cabbage roses had bled all over it! Also she put lacy antimacassers everywhere. Our old beagle would curl up on the sofa and wait for someone to come sit down, and then he'd flop across their lap to be petted.

I like how you aligned the lines on the cushion with those on the back of the chair giving the piece a professional look.

Lisa R.

Thank for noticing! the whole time I was cutting this out, I kept asking myself,"why or why did I choose STRIPES!" I can never begin with a beginner project. I always seem to challenge myself right off the bat.

Yes, the puppy is very cute! I am simply amazed at Anya's work. The chair was made just so she would have a place to lay down and get comfy. The real life Skeeter can always be found on the sofa or chair. She likes to curl up on a blanket and scold and grumble at everyone. Very mixed up little dog--sweet and grumpy at the same time. She growls at me while giving me kisses--really!

We call the miniature Skeeter Mini Mean!