I can not say I am freakishly strong anymore.

heidiiiii

I hurt my back yesterday morning. Fred and I were moving the couch. I have done this a million times before. This time when I went to lift it a lil bit I felt a pop in my lower back by my booty and I felt a mountain of pain.

I pulled a mega muscle and I ended up on the floor for two hours until I could finally get upstairs.

Still in pain but not so bad. You wont be seeing me online cause I am going on the couch to rest.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a heating pad. I broke my booty ya`ll..LOL

Okay I have had my coffee so I can type and be more coherant now.

I havent felt that kind of pain since I gave birth to my kids. One min I was moving the couch, the next I was on the couch in a weird postion screaming in pain. Dh wanted to move me but the pain/spasms were so bad that I was afraid.

I eventually rolled onto the floor and laid there for about 2 hrs while the valium I had started to take effect. They had to press on my lower back so that I could get up. Made it upstairs and was in bed for the rest of the day.

Spasms dont hurt as much now. I am walking around cause I want to work my back. I have to have something to prop myself to get up from sitting position cause lower back is too weak to pick me up!

Dont worry. I am gonna take it ez. But this episode taught me alot. First..I am not the same person anymore. I am strong but parts of my body have decided they dont want to do it anymore.

Second, I know which kid will have access to signing the nursing home papers. Nat was a true blue Florence Nightingale. She deserves a big ole goodie! She worked above and beyond the call of duty.

The other kid...well lets just say I wouldnt want to be alone with her if I was dying.

Oh, Heidi, that brings back such painful memories! I hope you didn't slip a disc . . . that's what happened to me when I heard a pop and a mountain of pain down the leg and up through my head. I ended up in surgery that night!

PLEASE, just to be sure, get it checked out!!

Now, I'm faithful about strength training . . . especially the abs. The older we get the more we need this kind of exercise!

oooooowwwwoooo I hate bad backs. When your back hurts, it seems like everything hurts! I hope you mend, soon.

Kids. Gotta love 'em. And sometimes husbands. My husband is a former medic. He can see all sorts of bad things happening to others, and leap in with bandaids and maneuvers and life-saving steps and whatever...

unless the one to whom the bad thing is happening is me. At which point he turns into an hysterical blubber of frantic non-activity, and becomes totally useless.

Anyway..take care. Rest. Heat. Sometimes heat followed by cold, helps.

Last night I had told Fred that if the pain was the same today I was going to the ER. I sooo wanted a shot of Toridal.

But it is most likely the muscles. I am not in screaming pain. In fact really no pain at all. Just I can feel it..If you can understand that.

No pain in legs or anywhere else.

I am being a good wifey. I dont want to ruin his superbowl plans. LOL I may end up going to ER anyway. Just the fact that my back is too weak to lift my upper half up on it`s own kind worries me.

Dh talked to the nurses from his job last night and they said the same thing. Heat then cold.

Off to the ER. My surrogate mom told me to go. She says that because of the weakness when trying to straighten up to stand and the pain while I sleep, it could be the spine. Better to be cautious then foolish.

I will let you all know what they say...

Big shot in the butt...here I come!

Oh Heidi I really hate to hear this, I hurt my back a little over a year ago and sometimes it still tells me that it is not what it once was. Yes use cold to reduce swelling of the muscle and hot to relax the muscle. Alternate. I hope there is no damage to the spine--finally had mine diagnosis as a compression fracture.

{{{{{Hugs}}}} and good thoughts being sent your way.

Heidi so sorry to here about your back, as one with a lower back injury I do feel for you....I know the pain I suffered with mine....please take it easy and rest and heat and cold and let us know what the ER says..... :ohyeah:

Major big aouch Heidi!!!! You take care now and let us know what the :ohyeah: ordered, apart form lots and lots of minis to ease the pain :wave: Will be thinking of you!

(((((hugs)))))

I'm so sorry to hear that you're hurting Heidi :wave: I hope that your trip to the ER is successful and they can make you all better. Rest up and I'll be sending you happy thoughts for a quick and painless recovery.

Now that it's probably too late/ for future reference: Ice to reduce swelling and pain off & on X 24 hours, heat to relax the muscle off & on X 24 hours, and alternate as needed until you get medical evaluation. What did the ER doctor tell you? I've been wearing a rib belt off & on for a back injury I sustained 51 years ago!

Heidi, Use frozen peas or vegis and advil .. I found that it keeps the swelling down to where you can get your mobility faster and not get so stiff. And the peas mold perfectly to your body and stay cold for hours.