Dollhouse Miniatures Designer Purses

Missymew

This person had better be careful. I know ebay has pulled listings like this because it is a copy of a item that is is a copyrighted tradmark.

It is totally beautiful though!! I totally admire her talent!!

I know one of the mini distributors recently pulled losts of there items also because of lawsuits if they did not stop selling the items. Now things like "Tide" detergent will say "Pride" . This big guys should be flattered but instead, they want a piece of the action, no matter how big or small it will be :flowers: BE careful out there!!

and nobody LOL at the price?

sorry thats just a bit much for me. :doh:

although I was impressed with the craftmanship

nutti :wave:

Well I hear ya' Nutti, but I must also admit to not noticing the price to start with, was impressed by the item itslef so I sort of forgot to look at that :blink: but nope not for me I thikn after seeing that, but I am truly impressed by all the details!

Oh my gosh, that's ridiculous! I love it! But for that price, I can buy 2 full-size fakes!

Ah, yes, not to mention all other kinds of mini goodies instead..... ;)

Hugs

I shop a lot with this seller. :blink: She carries some very quality miniatures. One of my favourites is a David Krupick 1:12 tinkertoy windmill that actually turns. She's even done some special orders for me; and lets me know if she's found something that she thinks I might like. She really is a great lady.

-Susanne

WOW I can understand the price, only if the bag opens :). That bag is great I want one but can't afford it either! :(

When I see pieces of work at such a high standard I can imagine how many hours and effort must have been put into it.

OMG have you seen the bowl of nuts? They are great

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

Susanne you always find such great things! ;)

This person had better be careful. I know ebay has pulled listings like this because it is a copy of a item that is is a copyrighted tradmark.

It is totally beautiful though!! I totally admire her talent!!

I know one of the mini distributors recently pulled losts of there items also because of lawsuits if they did not stop selling the items. Now things like "Tide" detergent will say "Pride" . This big guys should be flattered but instead, they want a piece of the action, no matter how big or small it will be :) BE careful out there!!

Oh I know exactly what you mean about this one. Maybe if she left out the designer name she would be ok. What greedy companies we have these days, they try to take credit for everything even though they are millionares anyway. As if this lady could make a living out of what she does. Miniatures are a hard slog and I haven't met anyone who could survive off the earnings alone, especially if you design and make your own pieces.

Well if the detergent can't be called tide they should call it tyde with a Y instead. I mean who is going to confuse a 1/12 scale fake box of washing powder with the real thing? :flowers:

What I've always liked about this particular seller is that I've been able to get closer to the illusion of real in 1:12 scale. I've bought scissors from her that are actually hinged, a scotch tape holder that really holds scotch tape. No ... I have not bought the bowl of nuts.

-Susnane

What I've always liked about this particular seller is that I've been able to get closer to the illusion of real in 1:12 scale. I've bought scissors from her that are actually hinged, a scotch tape holder that really holds scotch tape. No ... I have not bought the bowl of nuts.

-Susnane

Oh I have this amazing 1/12 scale pair of scissors that I bought from a doll house fair in the UK. The actually cut paper and they look real. Great stuff!

Well... if you ever buy the bowl of nuts let me know. ;)

I actually feel that the quaility of this piece shows the workmanship and it that she really put a lot of time in this piece. I think her price may be justified by the quaility of her work but I must say I can't see myself spending that for a purse for my dollhouse (but I know a lot of people will).

It's so hard to price miniatures for sell. If you price to low, you get lots of buyers and it means more work for you as the artist/builder but, If you go over a certain price, it limits the buyers you get but, all you need is that one who wants it.

I never know how to price my minis ;)

It looks wonderful! I know what you mean about getting closer to the illusion of 1:12. That is one reason I try to get as close to the real thing as I can afford ( or make) It really makes a difference.

Unfortunatly I am one of those that can't get that real yet.

I actually feel that the quaility of this piece shows the workmanship and it that she really put a lot of time in this piece. I think her price may be justified by the quaility of her work but I must say I can't see myself spending that for a purse for my dollhouse (but I know a lot of people will).

It's so hard to price miniatures for sell. If you price to low, you get lots of buyers and it means more work for you as the artist/builder but, If you go over a certain price, it limits the buyers you get but, all you need is that one who wants it.

I never know how to price my minis :D

I have just the same problem with pricing.

When I started out my prices were much lower but the demand was so high that I was working non stop and the work and detail that went into my pieces started to suffer because I was literally working around the clock. In the end I was running out of materials and I could not afford to buy the materials to make more animals to keep up with the pace because I just wasn't making enough money to support my work, it really is a pain in the butt. :yikes:

As for pricing something, I suppose you'd have to look at the effort you put into your work. If you customise something or are making things that are one offs you have to take that into account, because you are never going to make another exactly like it. Then there's materials and the time you spend making something and I have never seen a customised dollhouse, model or handmade work made in a day.

Some artists charge a very high price for their work which is fine if they feel it's worth that, but I think it's best to have something on offer that covers all budgets too.

What I am really annoyed with are the prices for shipping, it's gone mad!