Brimble Rehab

uppitycats

My rehab is coming along pretty well. I just updated my blog... My husband is beginning to really commit to this dollhouse stuff -- I was away on business for two days, came home, and he'd made some doors, windows, flooring, parts for Brimble's bar, all sorts of bits and pieces for the house, while I was gone!

I spent some time today puttying some cracks, scraping out old crumbling putty and redoing it, and priming the lower half... Going to cut in a door tomorrow..

and (shhhh....I haven't cleared this with Brimble, just yet!) I think I'm going to put at least one wall on the second floor, making that two rooms. I might even do three. Or some sort of divider, into separate spaces...

What do you think?

oh..and I added to my blog! :lol:

I like the idea of dividing the upstairs and I do think with some persuasion Brimble will agree as long as he has the final say in colours and textures used... And your hubby sounds like a true keeper, love that kind of surprises!!!!

Hugs

Keep a close eye on your hubby or he will be claming all of you mini tools. LOL. I started this hobby by agreing to help Darrell build the Beacon Hill all I was going to do at first was paint it and make some curtains, Now I do almost all of the mini work as he seems to not have the time anymore. And i have taken claim to all the mini stuff in our home.

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my blog...and I'll likely be updating it later today...but we've cut a wall for the upstairs from the same (scraps) wood as the house, and I put in an arched doorway that matches the arches on the windows. I have to paint the underside of the stairs, and then can cut the wallpaper for the lower bar -- it's all measured and I was about to start wallpapering when I realized I'd forgotten the stairs, and don't want to get paint on the wallpapaper. Brimble has been a bit quiet, but maybe when the wallpapering begins he'll get chatty again

I've attached a pic of the wallpaper that Brimble and I decided on. It prints out a bit more washed out than it really is... the tan stripes are masculine, but there's enough lightness to the color to keep the interior a bit bright. I was concerned about the walnut floor and bar darkening things too much...but I think this will work well. Brimble started to purr -- I think he might be a cat, really -- when I showed him this selection...

So here's the lower half -- the bar area -- all wallpapered. I have trimming to do -- cut out the windows, some edges. And then woodwork and molding, then he's "dressed", at least downstairs. We're putting in two fake doors -- one to the right of the stairs which will be a bathroom, and one under the stairs that presumably leads to the basement. The area under the front windows will be panelled to match the panelling that eventually will lead to the upstairs.

You might note that I didn't wallpaper around the door off the stairs, leading to the outside. The door fit is SO tight, there's not room for paper, so we'll have to make sure the door trim will cover over the edge of the paper.

You can also see the floor all done -- a combination of about half of walnut flooring Brimble's previous tenant had applied...and then the walnut stained coffee sticks we laid down. A light sanding and a couple of coats of varnish, and it all blends in well, I think.

So Brimble is demanding a new blog entry, so I'd better go do that, too.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hey, look at my BROWN windows!! At least they're brown inside! And check out that panelling, and wainscoating! and the leaded glass!! I'm SO excited!!"....

so says Brimble, who is coming along nicely. Wait until he sees his bar! Do men "swoon"? He's gonna love it -- all walnut, real walnut, with walnut panels and a top. And a mirror to hang behind the bar, framed in walnut with a shelf for bottles and mugs.

I've got plans to use the rest of the walnut to make tables and chairs, and will start work on the bar stools later today. He's coming along nicely, I think. This has been a fun rehab!

Very, very manly, and so charming and handsome!!

i think that traditionally, gentlemen do not swoon. they may feel "overcome" or, if upset, "verklempt," but swooning is reserved for ladies.

surely, Brimble is feeling overcome with quiet pride, happiness and gratitude for all you're doing for him. it's beautiful work!

Oh my!!! I better move my Chantilly out of sight from the computer screen or she just might be the "swoonée" LOL

Love the wainscoating as well as the windows and the walnut sounds absolutley fabulous, sounds like a certain Mr Brimble is getting some muscles.... :wub:

Hugs and thanks for sharing!!!!

I think I'm going to put at least one wall on the second floor, making that two rooms. I might even do three. Or some sort of divider, into separate spaces...

What do you think?

Living quarters for the owner or club meeting rooms or little private diningrooms & a wee kitchen...