Emerson Row

heidiiiii

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Heidi. Now what kind of cardboard are you using for the bricks? I love the way it looks like an old building. Great work! :thumb:

Anna would be a better person to ask. She mailed it to me.

It is like packing cardboard. Smooth on one side and bumpy on the other. It makes the bricks look realistic.

Here is some more work that I did this morning. I watered down the wall patch stuff and painted it over the paint and filled in some of the gaps with it. It gives it a lime scaling look.

I posted progress in blog.

I am sooo enjoying watching you girls and your ER growing and becoming!

thanks for sharing!

WTG BRICKS :flowers:

sooo much patients!

WTG PAPERCLAY :cheer:

kudos looks like a good job!

Happy building

nutti :love:

Thank you Lynette!

I am on a break with the E. Row for now to finish up the HUD house (will buy goodies at the Mass. show I am going to with Carrie)

Then the Kozbro house will be on its way..That is a bad bad temptation. What to do? What to do?

i hear you there, im going to get everything i can done on my emerson row by the 25th... then my sister is coming over and we are going to start building the tennyson for my mom! we have to have it finished by mid september so im sure most of my free time will be working on it! but i plan to go back and forth between the two...

• 2 weeks later...

The E. Row is in the Number 1 position now (the Kozbro house was mailed this morning so I dont know how long that is going to last..LOL)

I have a question for all who have built it. I am getting ready to tapewire. But I havent put the wall sections in yet. My question is...Are there any parts that are difficult to wallpaper if I put the wall sections in? Like those skinny hall partitions in the front of the house?

I dont want to glue anything until I know what I am gettting into.

i have the same question! im getting back to my emerson row this week! however on sunday my sister and i are starting on the tennyson.. so it looks like i will be having 2 projects going at once!

I have been bricking away. Dont worry I am taking pictures. I just dont feel too good today. i dont know what it is.. If it is a bug, I am going to want to kill someone. But no one has had anything lately.

Maybe it is spring fever.

Anyway. I got the bottom landing near the basement door done and now I am going to work on the front of the house.

I am toying with the idea of using paperclay on the upper portions of the house. But that may change as i go along...

Jenny how is your E. Row doing? Or are you working on your Mom`s house?

Anyway. I got the bottom landing near the basement door done and now I am going to work on the front of the house.

I am toying with the idea of using paperclay on the upper portions of the house. But that may change as i go along...

Jenny how is your E. Row doing? Or are you working on your Mom`s house?

heidi i LOVE what you have done with the bricks!!!! its come out beautifully!!!

i havent touched mine in 2 weeks, can you believe htat? today i am spring cleaning and i plan to get my work area all back in order. then tomorrow my sister and i start my moms house *tennyson* but i plan to get started on the er in the next few days :(

Hey Jenny. I added the front steps yesterday. If you havent done it yet, here is a tip. Dry fit!!! I had to widen all the slots on both sides to get the risers to fit. Then I bound it tightly with tape.

I posted pics.

thanks for the tip heidi, i havent added the steps yet. i'll go check out the pics right now...

well today my e.r. and i had a long talk.... the color is changing again.. she wants to be "sunflower yellow" apparently she is not liking the green. sooo sunflower yellow it is. i'll put the first coat on hopefully by tuesday.

• 3 weeks later...

ok so im seriously slacking on posting photos. on saturday i started painting over the green... i like the new color better. "sunflower yellow" i like it makes it more cheerful :wub: I'll post pics soon ;)