Emerson Row

heidiiiii

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im looking forward to the pics! i havent worked on mine since the beginning of this week :giggle: tonight i wont be able to either because my future inlaws are coming over, and tomorrow is my state exam for my notary license so i have to study onight!! ahh!!!

Thanks everyone! i actually had to cancel my test, i will have to take it sometime this coming month. I didnt realize you had to submit your application of completion for the online class 72 hours in advance. and the teacher didnt send my certificate in tme ;) so oh well i guess :)

anyways, Heidi, hows your ER doing? new pics? new blog?

mine is sitting on my work bench pouting. I havent touched it in a week.... ;) but it did get quite a bit of attention this weekend when calebs parents came over. they both love it so far!!!

Mine has been sitting here....waiting.

I am waiting to start on the outside before I do any work on the inside. But I think maybe today I am going to work on the roof. I have like a bazillion tiles to cut so that could be something I could do today.

AC Moore didnt have any connectors..cant think of the name this morning..the thing you push into the tape wire that you connect the transformer too..So I have to wait on that. I also have to start working on the stairs for the outside.

I am not being lazy (i am telling myself) just alot of other things going on this past week.

Heidi what are you using to tile the roof? im going to use paper clay.

well Caleb and I had a long chat with the Emerson Row last night. LOL Calebs going to build me a set of stairs that will connect to the 3rd floor, thenthe 3rd floor to the roof!!! yep!! i have big plans!! im going to make the top of the roof a patio of some sort, and a fence go along the top. put a pair of lawn chairs out there maybe an umberella table. then then i have decided the two top rooms on the 3rd floor will be the bathroom and the other side will be a library/parlor area.

the 2 rooms on the second floor are the guest rooms

the room on the left on the first floor is the reception/check in area. the room on the right will be the dinning area

the right side of the basement will be a wine cellar and the left side will be the kitchen.. oo i cant wait! oo and i have changed the name of my bed and breakfast. it will be called "The White Dove". The arch window that is above the front door will have a stain glass dove with an olive branch in its mouth :lol: The house will be painted "hunter green" and the trim will be brick/ paitined "antique white"

can you tell we had a long chat?

i cant wait to dive in tonight!!!

Ooo! what great ideas you have..

I am going to use the tiles that came with the kit for the front and sides of the roof. I have to figure out a way to make a flat roof.. I cant explain it but it is flat and sort of bumpy. I have a pick from a book.

I am 50% done with the oven. Bricking lil teeny tiny bricks is very very tedious.

You are catching up with me...EEK!

Yes the tiles that came with the kit...

I worked on the oven yesterday. I have had so much going on here that I have been too busy (and tired) to really get sitting down with the E. Row. College apps., dr and dentist appt, dishes!

Almost done with the oven. Hoping to have it finished today so I can post pics.

I cant wait see pics of the oven. im going to be paper claying my wine cellar hopefully this weekend. we'll see. im really just trying to work on the exterior right now. i have ALOT of side panels to add. LOL

I can take a picture of me cutting roofing tiles but that just doesnt scream *Wow* to me...LOL

All in good time. I have to save up egg cartons. gonna be alot of egg eating in this house. I have some bricklaying to do!

This weekend (if weather permits) I am going to go buy the lighting kit. Then I can get that done so I can start working on the walls and floors.

Well I did a little bit of work on my E.R. yesterday... but not enough to take pictures of. just worked on the side paneling some more.. I did however get my hand panting bathroom set in the mail and posted pictures of that in my gallery :ohyeah:

• 2 weeks later...

my poor emerson row feels so neglected right now... its shell is shivering in the cold. :groucho:

but my willowcrest and i have some new ideas.. im "redesigining" some of the interior rooms... so that is coming first im afraid.

My E. Row is in solitary confinement...LOL

Nah. I have been working on her sort of. I have been cutting out the cardboard into itty bitty blocks for glueing on the front of her. It is alot of work. I want to wait until I have that all done before I proceed with the next step.

Since I am done with the arbor I have been slowly doing the cutting. I should have some progress this coming week.

The kids are home for school vacation, so there wont be any running around. I am not going to run the tape wire until I finish the exterior.

Well I actually spent some time on my E.R. tonight..!! i was so happy too!! I worked on the side paneling some more.. almost have one whole side done... i think im gonna finish exterior before i electrify and decorate the interior.

EmersonRow120.jpg

EmersonRow123.jpg

I had some more pictures to post, but there are bits a pieces of my heart arbor entry in the background.. :wub: dont want to reveal that yet!! so thosep ics will have to wait lol

post-505-1171863510_thumb.jpg

Oh you are moving and grooving girl!

Okay, I am going to hunker down and really really work on the cardboard today (thanks again Anna!!! :) )

Tedious..yes

Results..priceless

o Heidi I cant wait to see how your brick work turns out! its going to look incredible!! Ive decided to do sidepaneling on the walls and then the base will be stone work. My test sheet came out great so i think it will really add a good feel to the exterior.