Emerson Row

heidiiiii

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some glueing yesterday. I have decided to use the cardboard Anna gave me to cover the house from the ground to the top of the basement. Then I am going to use egg carton to cover the rest. It will have two different textures. Just like stones on real brownstones.

This is definitely going to be a labor of love. It is going to be awhile till I get started on the inside!

I am going to fill a squeeze bottle with watered down putty to fill in the gaps.

I had a revelation last night. Partly because it will take me forever and partly cause I like the colors, I am going to only brick up to the basement line. I am going to keep the house the colors I painted for the rest of the house.

Black exterior and baby blue on the windows.

I was cutting more bricks yesterday and today I am going to sit there and glue glue glue until I get some real headway!

cutting more bricks yesterday and today I am going to sit there and glue glue glue
That's the part I find hypnotically relaxing.
>throwing confettin in the air<
Anna, you best be sure that's confetti, and not the rest of Heidi's little "bricks" you're throwing around there!

;) your funny holly :D

well im sitting here taking a few min break from my emerson row.. been at her all morning. Started out re organizing my entire work room, wow i forgot i had certain stuff! i try to do this once every few months because i always find things i forgot i had that i need! and its like xmas all over again :giggle:

the front of the house siding is almost complete! then i can add my first coat of paint!!! :thumb:

I'll post pics later!

That's the part I find hypnotically relaxing.Anna, you best be sure that's confetti, and not the rest of Heidi's little "bricks" you're throwing around there!

Oooooops, did I do that???? Hmm, lemme see what I can do to undo this little jam.... Ah, ummm, well perhaps I should just back away fora while, those scissors look mighty sharp.....

Sorry 'bout that Heidi, I prmosie I will look better next time and not use those bricks to-be...

LOL

Hugs, can't wait to see this "dress"!

The front of the houses siding is complete!!! :thumb: yay!!!!!! man that took ALL day!! i think i might go ahead a paint the front before i side the rest of the house... but hmmmm not sure.... anyways here are some pics!!!

EmersonRow004.jpg

EmersonRow003.jpg

EmersonRow002.jpg

I realy need to update my blog i havent done that in awhile!

Woohoo!

It is looking great! Chugga Chugga Woowoo...

Anna, I have my bricks in a lil ziploc baggie. I showed it to the family and said..You lose this..You die! The girls told me to lighten up...LOL

It may not look like progress but I am getting closer to the line! I am going to work all morning on this while they sleep. No distractions. Once I am done with this side, I will start on the front.

YOU are both doing great progress with the ERs, and thank gooness it sasn't the "real" pieces I sort of used as confetti.... :ohyeah:

I just love following the progress of these houses, and I am also sitting here browsing Ebay for a kit myself :lol: someday...

Hugs and thanks for sharing!

Anna Im always keeping my eyes out for another E.R. for you. As soon as I find one you'll be the first to know :)

Heidi your brick work is coming along great!

i ran out of siding.. and i still have the right side to do. So I'm going to be placing a hbs order today...

Anna Im always keeping my eyes out for another E.R. for you. As soon as I find one you'll be the first to know :)

Heidi your brick work is coming along great!

i ran out of siding.. and i still have the right side to do. So I'm going to be placing a hbs order today...

You are such a sweetie!!! And schucks regarding running out of siding, but then again that also means that you might be able to stock up on itsy bitsy goodies?!? LOL

Hugs

My baggie is getting empty.

Guess it is back to the salt mines to make some more bricks.

Ooh! Eee! Ooh! OooH! Oooh!

I am determined to get this side done today and start on the front. I have to remember to drill a hole by the basement door for a light fixture and mark it so i dont cover it up.

well last night I used some wood filler on some gaps and let it dry over night... heck i think im ready to paint! tomorrow im gonna go get some more primer and i might look into getting some nicer quality paint...

post-505-1172457289_thumb.jpg

heidi your brick work is coming out awesome!! i cant wait to see more!!

Wow jenny.. You are an eager beaver!

I didnt finish the side like I planned on. I had bricks to cut and was watching Gone with the Wind and got sidetracked.. Eh! stuff happens.

After some more coffee and some snow shoveling I will be back at it this morning.

Thanks Carrie and Suzy!!! (i got my mickey on some random animated website LOL)

Wow jenny.. You are an eager beaver!

ya and im seriousy paying the price this morning. Working 6 + hours straight on it saturday inflamed the muscles in my arm again. (I have carpal tunnel). Im in so much pain this morning at work, im wearing my wrist brace again and i hate wearing it because its so hard to write and type! but i guess thats the purpose of it in the first place!! lol

I finally finished the side!! WooHoo!! :banana:

I am going to wait for glue to dry and start working on the creases.

As for the front, I am going to put the window fronts in first so that the windows look sunken in at basement level.

I am pretty sure i counted right, that one side took 2000 brick approx.

I hope I have enough to do the front and the other side.