Emerson Row

heidiiiii

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna build...waaaaaaaaaaaa! I bought some new spackle and everything......waaaaaa!

I have to be a good dooby and clean the house. It looks like a bomb was let off and Nat`s friend is coming to stay with us for three days.

ya i hear you there, my apartment def. is in need of a cleaning. after i go to the grocery store today im gonna have to clean before i get to play :) lol

I am all over the place with this house. Interior, exterior, interior, exterior.

This is not my nature, but since i havent been feeling that great...i will do what I want.

I have been painting the basement walls and ceiling this weekend. Antique white. I have abandoned the whole kitchen on one side and bar on the other. It is going to be a kitchen, laundry area, sewing area...the whole basement will be for the housekeepers to use.

The walls will be white and the floors will be white tile.

How is your progress this weekend Jen?

How is your progress this weekend Jen?

I havent touched it :lol: i havent had time at all. I really need to start working on it again cause I really want to finish the exterior so i can get back to work on my moms tennyson that must be done by september. Between work, my moms health, and my brothers graduation party this weekend ive been swamped! lol. but im hoping we get back home from spending the day with caleb and i's fathers today at a decent time cause id like to be able to work an hour or 2 on the house.

I love antique white Heidi! thats the color im painting my window and door trims on the exterior. please post pics when u can!

hopefully i iwll be able to do the same this afternoon :starwars:

Grrrrrr!

Right now I cant take any pics. I cant seem to find the charger for the batteries to the camera (or the extra batteries either). Seems one of my dears has sauntered off with it and my camera is dead right now. So I cant even take pics of progress.

Empty nest, empty nest, empty nest....

Have a great Sunday!

Empty nest, empty nest, empty nest....

ahhhhh Im almost there!

I dont know how women who have taken care of children fill their time after they are gone...those without such wonderful hobbies like miniatures and dollhouse building!

but dont rush it...you do miss the buggers after they are gone. :starwars: :lol: :p

nutti :lol:

I dont know how women who have taken care of children fill their time after they are gone
Full-time jobs, nursing school, hiking, kayaking, bicycling... Oh, and I did takeup mini-ing along the way.

I am trying to decide what to do for my second life. I cannot work but i want to get into something (not replacing minis) so that I dont become a bonbon eating, soap opera watching, moomoo wearing bored housewife!

For you, painting or sculpting, travel, more serious gardening (maybe working to develop new hybrids?), maybe self-enrichment classes at your local college or vo-tech, join a sports activity club (something you do or used to like to do as a younger person, pre-kids). In addition to giving you other things to do when you start to burnout on minis, these things will suggest new things to try or to incorporate into your mini-world.

The beauty of retirement is that you don't HAVE to have a master plan.
Neither DH nor I ever kept a calendar when we were working, now there are so manythings we want to do we have to keep a calendar so we know not to schedule too many activities for the same date.

Otherwise, you can PLAY! For example, we wanted to explore some more of a local river that is so low parts of it are impassable; but we knew Father's Day everybody with a power boat would be on the water, so this morning we got up when we darn felt like it and after I cooked our big breakfast and we ate it all, whilst I washed dishes DH loaded up the kayak and filled the water bottles and off we went for a five-+ hour paddle of 5+ miles up & back. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment (I wear it even shorter than in the picture on my profile page!) and then we'll go on in to Tally and check out the thrift stores, maybe eat lunch out, and buy puppy treats at Wally World. Maybe Thurs or Fri we'll go paddling again. THIS is retirement with an "empty nest"!

I am trying to decide what to do for my second life. I cannot work but i want to get into something (not replacing minis) so that I dont become a bonbon eating, soap opera watching, moomoo wearing bored housewife!

Don't worry Heidi, after the initial shock of children leaving, moving out, starting their own lives, emply nest is WONDERFUL! They come to visit and you love it and then they go home and you love that too!

One of my greatest hopes is that I can stay healthy long enough to enjoy my retirement a little !
That was the incentive for DH & I getting into so many physically active outdoor activities & making a major dietary shift!

Jen me either. I have delved into the fun world of polymer clay. But she is still front and center. I have to start thinking about the flooring for the kitchen.

Working on the ole E. Row today. It is too hot to do anything outside. I am taking pics along the way. I have finished painting the walls and ceiling. Now I am putting some white tile against one wall which will be where the appliances will go.

Then i think I might tackle the floor.

I am making mexican for dinner tonite so I dont know how far it will get..(enchiladas, rice and beans)

I have to go out today and buy some more wood strips. I am going to put a strip of painted black over the top of the tiles.

I am slowing working on the floor. It is humid so I have to tape down each row and then wait..Pain in the booty!!

I nixed the antique white and opted for a pale pale blue in the kitchen.

Heidi its coming along great! i cant wait to see how your floor turns out :thumb:

still havent worked on mine much.. i just started doing this 5 day a week tae bo program and im totally hooked. so thats what ive been doing after work most days now :wtg: lol hopefully this weekend i can dive back in. unforntuantly after this week all my mini making time will have to be devoted to my moms suprise tennyson, so id like to get as much done this weekend on the exterior as possible.

I am working on the kitchen some more today. Going to fill in the gaps in the floor and lay down some carpetting.

You can see my progress in my blog.

Jen, how is it going? Are you working on your mom`s xmas gift? Do ya need me to give ya a kick in the tookas?? LOL

Jen, how is it going? Are you working on your mom`s xmas gift? Do ya need me to give ya a kick in the tookas?? LOL

YES PLEASE!! i need it badly! i have been totally unfocused on my mini projects again. Ive been in a full addiction of tae bo lately. I need to get my moms Tennyson going, it needs to be done by Sept 24th! ah!!

I cant wait to see pics of ur progress with the kicthen :wave:

No pics right now but I am working on the beehive oven I started earlier in the year. Getting it ready to put in the wall in between the two rooms. Taking my time.

I will take pics along the way though.